Uni grad trip to South Korea day 8: 28th May 2013

It's free and easy from today on, so WT, SS, MT, Jenny and I chose to go Lotte departmental store at Jamsil-dong, cos WT and MT wanted to get Sulwhasoo pdts and MCM's bag. SS and Jenny wanted to continue shopping for food haha. We left at 8.30am, and reached thr by 9+am, and apparently the shops in the Lotte building open at 10.30/11am, even though the staffs are alrdy thr preparing to open for the day. *I had shrimp paste toast (2400won) from Issac as breakfast~ super nice! Weird hw come we're the only ones eating on the subway though it's not against the law to eat in it la...*
We walked ard at the subway's underground shopping exchange first. SS, Jenny and I got a hat each haha~ mine's about 6000won only. Anyway, the girls were at the duty free levels (10 and 11) looking at some cosmetics, and comparing the prices to those in Myeongdong. Afterwards, we took the lift down to the 1st lvl, so as to go to Lotte Mart. *Look at that long stretch of sofa~*

Oh yeah, each of us got the free t-passes for tourists too~ with 5000won cash value in it... great cos it covered most of my transport costs from then on haha.
I happened to see the brand of the red ginseng powder that I wanted to buy on the grd flr, and after calculating, I bought 4 90g bottles at 152k won (about SGD40 each), which according to my tuition kids' dad, was already more than half the price cheaper than buying in SG! *Bit of a hassle cos I needed to run all the way up to the 11th flr again to do my tax refund stamp... to get SGD10 back at the airport.*
We were supposed to meet the rest of the girls at Dongdaemun stn by 1pm, but something cropped up over our side... somehw MT couldn't find the other 3 gals when I left to do my tax refund, so she ended up waiting at the subway area. The rest of us panicked and went ard looking for her, and tried contacting her via wi-fi. *一个找一个……真是累。* 
Still raining by the time we were at Dongdaemun. *Think I missed清溪川near thr eiyr!* You see ppl selling buns here and thr, and there were many shops that sells "ja-ba-lang" haha. I spent about 10mins finding the way to陈玉华鸡锅... it's located in one of the small alleys, but you'll know once u see the big signage outside the restaurant.
It's packed with ppl for lunch, yet the lucky 8 of us managed to get a table right away. 4 of us shared one chicken haha~ the auntie recommended us to add dokpokki in it... which was chewy afterwards! 4 of us literally shared 1 whole chicken neh!
The auntie would help to cut the chicken up, and then told us to cook for about 10mins. *Well, I believe the chicken must hav been somewhat cooked before being served though haha.* Just when I thought the chicken meat might taste rather "soggy", it didn't. Yet, it's soft and tender... surprised. The auntie taught us to eat the meat dipped in a mixture of chilli + soya sauce + other sauces... yum! *Gd thing I've fan blowing behind me cos the smoke ard chokes!* It's the cheapest order thr, with only extra dokpokki ordered... lunch costed us 6900won each.
SS and the rest wanted to go to Doota!, so I led the way thr... another 10-15mins of walking.
Doota! is the more "atas" shopping mall at Dongdaemun, and the min I stepped in, I somehow found it familiar... it's as if I've been to somewhr similar in China last time. Saw a neon pink blazer which was pretty... costed SGD100 omg. WT, SS, Jenny, XY and I were complaining how ex the clothes were, and then suddenly someone was bo liao and came up with the idea of guessing the prices of the clothes instead lol~ we had some fun thr, laughing at hilarious prices we'd come up with keke. I ended up buying 1 tee for bro instead... the tees for guys have really nice designs... even if it means one tee was 20k won haha. 
*Can't rmb what food by the roadside I had... a mixture of sausages and potatoes dipped in sweet sauce (2500won)... oh too sweet imo.* 
It seems Hello apM wasn't opened in the day, and the girls wanted to finish shopping facial pdts at Myeongdong in the evening, so we left during late afternoon. I got bro one jeans jacket at only 20k won by the roadside too lol. *Missed out U:US, Nuzzon, Designer Club, Migliore and Pyounghwa clothing market here... will come the nex time I'm in Seoul!* 
For "part 2 of my skincare shopping", I spent 45k won at Laneige (getting 2 bottles of water sleeping pack mask alone), 7650won at Banilo Co, 12k won at Skinfood etc... didn't note down others haha. *Okie I rmb I'd spent a bomb at Etude House though!* XY, YY and YQ returned to their rms after shopping, while WT, SS, Jenny, MT and I wanted to have dinner at古宫~ famous for bibimbap!
Nice ambience thr! We hav this rather gd-looking manager serving us, and WT kept on saying she wanted to take a pic with him before leaving the place lol. A tad too bad traditional bibimbap is served with beef in it, and the guy says no replacement of other meat is allowed, so I chose to hav it removed lo... which means veggies with rice for me lol! Oh there's seafood pancake that the girls ordered too... included in their set.
I liked how balanced the taste of the bibimbap (11k won) was... juz dun feel that it's too sweet/salty or whatsoever. Even the cold beansprout soup was to my liking lol. And of cos the cocktail magarita... it was like the best cocktail ever! I nv liked alcohol tat much, but this was too good haha. The after sour plum drink served came in time... good for overcoming the fulfiling feel haha.
Oh yeah and so before we left, we first "pretended" to want to take pics with the front of the shop, and let the guy take the pic. *Honestly, he shld hav included the whole of the bibimbap display in our grp pic mah aiyoh~* Then, I helped WT asked if she could take a pic with him... and lol the manager's expression was... surprised-cum-shocked lol!
Yup and so u see the two doing the "twist"~ with the manager being a lil' awkward thr haha. So the satisfied WT was laughing otw back to our guesthouse, saying it's gd ppl do "crazy things" overseas (okie this is of cos the very mild kind~), though she complained the pic doesn't do him justice. Well, I agree he looks better in person too haha!

Comments