"우리 결혼했어요" + Job interview at STC + dinner with YB, Jess, QW, PH and SY + Father's Day dinner 2013!


DBSK's new MV, "OCEAN"... which reminded me a lot of "Summer Dream" and "Hi Ya Ya". U-Know looks absolutely good in thr! I enjoyed the beginning part of the song whr the two cheered to... pretty funny.

Watched "우리 결혼했어요" (season 2) with their first foreigner couple, Nichkhun and Victoria on it.
Khuntoria couple is real sweet imo, the sweetest couple on-screen on this variety that I've watched so far. *I'm not a huge fan but one can really get jealous of this couple haha!* I dunno if it's acting or real feelings, but the two looked really compatible, be it looks or personality wise. Victoria is a clever girl, and seem to make a good wife, and Nichkhun looked like he loves her cute-ness and has lots to learn from her. The way they interacted, cared and looked out for each other, talked and played were very much like how real couples would do I think! *Their wedding shots were pretty~ esp the pose whr they kissed lightly haha.* I liked both the guy and girl here, and omg Victoria's almost the perfect girl... confident, up-to-challenges, smart, talented, beautiful, sweet and cute at the same time! It's a big pity to see them part after being a virtual couple for 1+yr... can really see the unwillingness in both parties, esp Nichkhun in the last episode. 
Be it professionalism on-screen, or real love off-screen, I enjoyed how natural-looking this pair were together.

Rating: 3.5/5 

Went for my first formal job interview at STC last wk. *I was hesitating whether or not to go before that.* Took me half an hr to reach Kranji stn, and then walked about 10mins to the admin building. Celine from HR came and brought me to the interview rm. After a while, 3 interviewers came in... one HR manager, one from the social media (?) dept, and of cos the Eng racing journalist too. I expected them to ask the qn about SPH la haha... and answered honestly lo. I did asked the racing journalist what my daily life as a Chi journalist/translator'd be like, and it seems more like an office-bound job. *Sounds like I got to be very independent (not that I can't though~), and that everything related to Chinese would fall on my shoulders haha.* Well, one gd thing would be that besides racing days (fri and sun) whr I could come in in the afternoon, thr's standard working hrs for other days, and it seems no work would be brought home. *But I can foresee thr will be extra work on my part during the first few mths, cos thr are lotsa terms/knowledge in this industry that I hav to be real familiar with.*
The interviewers were pretty nice, didn't try to make things difficult at all. After the interview, there was another translation test on the spot... took me about 1hr to complete, hopefully I did get the definition of the reports right though lol. *我在翻译打字时,忽然觉得自己真的很喜欢和文字有关的工作……真心希望我的工作和文字/报导有关。*They would call me this wk if I passed my interview, and then prob. a second round with the VP of STC next.
Sometimes, I wish I could be a lil' less gan jeong haha. Seriously, plunging blindly into work (esp for my first perm job) doesn't sound a wise thing to do. *With my $$$ decreasing, I don't have a lot of time to be "wise" too lol.* Then, thr's like insurance, new mobile plan, new stuff for the house that I wanna get once I start work... aish I know I'm greedy but I'm rather quick with planning when it comes to things needed haha. I'm not afraid of not getting any job at all (okie maybe a lil' now since only one contacted me nia keke...), but exactly how long till I land a job is what matters. I don't wish to be pinning all hopes on whr I hope to go into (journalism field), though that's sorta my dream. 
Looking ard for jobs can be a tiring and even boring thing to do. Convocation is on 26th Jul, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I would alrdy be working by then, doing sth that I most prob. like/enjoy.
Met up with YB last weds for dinner at JP's MOS Burger. I bought her Etude House's ampoule hydrating mask and nail polish set from Seoul, and coincidentally, she had her eyes on this series of nail polish online haha. *The salad fish burger I had was not bad imo.* We went shopping a bit after dinner, and thn home. Jess and I met on fri for dinner, and we ate at Watami Casual restaurant at Star Vista... look at the dessert we shared below:
The pic of this dessert on the menu alrdy reminds me of sth I saw in the guidebook to Korea! Yes and this didn't disappoint, a lil' of honey poured onto it, and the sweetness was heavenly haha! I love how the fruits were soft, and yet the bread somewhat crunchy texture. Both of us sat down somewhr, and we started sharing on our Korea and Taiwan trips haha. *我发现自己话说太多就会没声音啊~oh no!* QW came over on sat, and we watched "Running Man" and "Shinhwa Broadcast". Then, we headed to JEM in the evening... and yes it's flooded as expected. *有Orchard搬到Jurong的感觉haha~* I think QW looked like she was somewhat irked by the crowd, so after walking one round ard the mall, we went over to JCube and had Manna Story for dinner instead. *Satisfied my craving for Bibimbap but I was so full omg!* I bought 3 pairs of no-show socks for only $7.35 at Payless Shoesource cos it's 50% off hehe! Oh and before we left home, I手痒go and buy the凉粉($4) sold at JE bus interchange, hoping that I could reminiscence what I had at复旦步行街last time... sadly it tasted very dry and spicy... even worse than the one QW and I had at Chinatown last time. 
*Sometimes I can't understand one's attitude nor "seemingly-frustrated-look". It makes me unhappy if I sense unfriendliness somewhat, yeah I'm a rather sensitive person btw. If this persists, I keep my distance.*         
Father's Day is on 16th Jun this yr. We walked to blk498 for dinner, same place as what we had on Mother's Day haha! *Honestly, the long waiting time of 45mins is rather sian.* We ordered 4 dishes: 香菇菠菜、脆皮沙律豆腐、咖喱鱼头and咸菜汤 ($46). 脆皮沙律豆腐is definitely one dish for kids... the crispiness of the skin outside, plus the mayonnaise is yummy! 咸菜汤was very开胃. Curry was too spicy for me, and I had diarrhoea after tat... yeah I seem to hav a weak stomach. 菠菜was rather bitter. 
父母都上了年纪了。有时候,看着他们不禁会莫名担心起来。父母的养育之恩或许怎么报答也不足够,但是人都一定要有孝敬父母的那颗心。  

Long since I met SY and PH for dinner at PS's Itacho Sushi. *SY turned vegetarian early this yr.* Both of them alrdy got their BTO flats at Toa Payoh area... "neighbours" in future haha! Was talking about their marriage plans, future and work too. PH alone ate $30+ for this meal lol... 有赚钱就是不一样haha. *和好朋友的话题越来越不一样,大概是因为人生的际遇不一样。Much as I miss the past, 但也该是开始适应不同的时候了。*


So bored nowadays, and I really find myself slping too much sometimes haha. I don't like a restless life. Somewhat what I'm living nowadays. I don't like telling that I'm bored, even when I'm seriously bored haha... so I thought I must do sth no matter what! Cleaned part of my rm this afternoon, and then sorta learned cooking from mum in the evening haha. *Mummy厉害lo... 什么都aga-aga... as if I can cook as well for a beginner!?* Oh I cooked the rice and soaked the海菜(?). Mum alrdy took out the番薯鱼to thaw 4hrs prior to cooking, and just took out the豆枝from the fridge. She cleaned the wok with water, and heat up the wok till it almost dries before adding in 6 spoons of veggie oil (according to her estimation la). I observed how she去掉剩余的鱼鳞、took out the内脏、slid open both sides near the gills (like she always do so as to cook the fish even more thorough she said), and lastly put salt on the fish. *Ginger goes with the frying of the fish too... 去腥!* Well, I didn't take note but looking at how she cooked... nth too difficult haha! I rmb her done with pan-frying the豆枝within 5mins, and then continued to fry the fish next... in which she simply threw the fish in and then put the cover. I asked how she knew if the fish was cooked? She told me to "smell the cooked smell"~ omg I can't tell honestly! Anyway, she flipped the fish over in about 5mins, then it's whipped up after like 10mins! Small things like剥蒜头、切蒜头、切辣椒was done in the middle. I rmb she pouring another round of veggie oil to cook海菜, and I asked her what if it's too oily? She said the veggie would taste "dry", before demo-ing addition of water while she cooked. 
1hr was all she took to whip up 3 dishes! *Mummy still "consoled" me and said: "Aiyah, your cooking skills would be very gd by the time u reach 30+yrs old." LOL~ I hope la!* Yeah I agree cooking is one huge area that I'd love to learn about... main dishes and usual desserts we get to eat at markets. I dun mind learning how to bake too, but I dun think I would bake well nor often, cos I'm not the kind to crave for eating cakes/cupcakes/biscuits etc haha. 
*光学没用,还是要“实践”才知道自己厨艺如何哈哈!*

Comments