LL's surprise B'day celebration @ Chalk Restaurant

*rRandom: Lonely for too long?*

After tuition with Nikisha on sat morning, met Jess @ Clementi after she bought materials and ingredients needed for baking, and we headed to her house for my 1st ever baking session in life lol! *I dun think I've baked b4 this, nt even during Home Economics lesson in sec sch.* Her grandma loves chatting, and we communicated in Hokkien haha. She said I looked cute, and I told her "Your granddaughter's pretty!", then she commented tat I was a sweet-talker lol. She continued to ask if I had a bf nw, I said no but she somewat din believe, looked at Jess and asked "She really dun hav ah?" LOL~ her grandma loves to gossip sia.
Jess had the recipe ready, and we took 2+hrs for the whole baking session ba~
Jess poured the flour and then asked me to sieve it... I sieved it neh! LOL.
The butter din melt totally even by the time we added it to the mixture later...
1st time in my life I'd crack open 7 eggs at one go haha~
Looks super yummy right!
I asked for Jess's help when it came to drawing a "panda-pig" on the envelope of LL's bday card haha. *Shld hav taken a pic of it!* 
It was supposedly a surprise for LL cos she din think tat Jess would make it for this dinner meet-up originally bet her, me and Regina. *Jess said LL's expression was damn funny when she saw me talking to Jess at the MRT ctrl LOL!* LL was super surprised at the sight of Jess... and of cos the cake la~ 
We were supposed to walk up a flight of stairs... really long, up Mt. Sophia b4 we could reach Chalk Restaurant. LL gave up at the tot of tat, so she waited for Regina to come and took a cab with her, up to Chalk. Jess and I climbed up the 144steps eh... and I wore wedges somemore... dang my calves were super "sour" by the time I completed 3/4 of the "expedition" LOL~
We looked ard for a few mins b4 Jess saw the "Chalk" sign. *Timbre was right beside if I'm nt wrong.* The air-con inside was super cooling la... and the whole ambience was rather gd. The nice Caucasian chef even helped Jess and I to take a photo haha!
Of cos the whole place looked even nicer at night! Regina and LL reached nt long after... and the waitress came over to recommend us specials for the day, with the menu written using chalk on a blackboard haha. *The decor of the restaurant doesn't really link with the theme "chalk" imo.* And it's gd tat they dun charge ++ over there, nt even service charge. 
Put this garlic bread to the mixture of olive oil and vinegar and it's really tasty!
The "very thick" coffee according to Regina, which gives her headaches and so Jess and I shared this instead.
Aglio Olio Peperoncino- Olive oil, Garlic and Chilli... nt bad.
Suprema- Chicken Garlic Sausage, Shitake, Chilli, Onion... the sausages and mushrms were wonderful!
Catch of the Day- Red Snapper... the meat wasn't as soft as I tot, but still went well with the sauce.
Fries was normal I think. We chatted about office, colleagues and oso Regina's son. The way he talked to Regina muz hav hurt her... I mean for a 13yr old kid, it's rather the "rebellious phase" nw, so I think he definitely needs someone to talk to, and LL's offered to do so. LL mentioned some things about her younger days too, and hw she regretted about it, but seems she's living her life great nw imo. 
*I'm definitely a ppl-oriented person... working under a figure-oriented person is gonna kill me too I reckon haha~*
Gt the waiter to serve LL's bday cake out at night! *Dang this woman was so shocked when she heard tat I'd bake the cake with Jess!* "Kungfool Panda" was easily satisfied la... could see her grinning face-to-face lol...
Eh... the mango gt finished up real quickly la, but as to the cake lol... cos the texture was much like“发糕”instead... a bit hard la. *Jess named it "chewy cake" LOL!* So, the "pitiful plight" above haha~ Oh and a pic of her bday card below:
Overall, Chalk restaurant has a great ambience for chats over dinner I reckon. The food there is more ex than normal restaurants but cos 4 of us shared all the food above, so it amt-ed to oni about 20bucks per person. *Individual pricings are really more ex.* Minus the fact tat u'd hav to climb way up to enjoy the food, I guess Regina and I both agreed it's still worth it hehe.  
Coaster Jess gt for me from Taiwan haha~

Comments