NTU Chinese FOC Seniors' Camp

Helped YQ and Michelle buy lunch while on my way to NTU for FOC Seniors' Camp on sun. 不是我小气but I hav to say this: YQ sms-ed me to help buy "peach tea ice-blended" bubble tea for Michelle. I went straight to SweetTalk @ JP and honestly, I din think much, so simply said the same thing to this China lady. The min she heard it, she frowned lor... dang her eyebrows arched like "carrots" la (and in my illusion I saw 2 words on top saying "Wat's tat!?"). She repeated rudely: "You mean peach ice-blended huh?" I gt kinda pissed off by her attitude liao neh. After I nodded, she began mixing the syrup, 嘴里还作状:“什么peach tea ice blended...” I caught tat ok!? I noe nuts about making bubble tea la, and I rarely look at their menus too, hw would I know the diff? And it's oni a slip of tongue mah, muz she react tat way? Like as if the customer is stupid? Haiyo, whr's her quality of service? Oh and nt tat I wanna mention her nationality, but her accent gave her away. 我对事不对人,她这种态度很不敬业。

Met YQ and Michelle at Canteen B. Michelle juz gt back from Korea, so she gt our clique nail clippers haha... and I took all the facial pdt samples from Nature Republic and Etude House etc from her lol~ *Whoa buying Korea brand's facial pdts from Korea itself really cheap la... SS this time round saved a lot leh!*
All of us gathered at about 1+pm at Can B. I din attend the morning briefing, so was a bit lost as to wat I shld do. In the end, I joined Corine, 2 of us were in-charge of checkpt 2. Leon gave a short speech, and programmers went to our own stations soon after.
Nt bad a choice to be with Corine for tat 3hrs cos we chatted quite a bit haha. It's kinda a coincidence hw we stay near each other, and do bump into each other at the MRT a few times. *我们不熟,但要聊天还是可以的。* Once we settled down at Student Service Centre, I kept receiving calls from Leon... basically to coordinate bet. the programmers and the 2 senior grps "trial-playing" the Amazing Race games b4 the real camp for the freshies. *Hw about the idea of a传呼机? "Leon... over? Over." LOL.*
Team 2 came 1st, and I tot yeah it was a bit awkward cos acting was an impromptu thing... and it's nt easy to complete everything in 15mins too. *PY was funny as柯教授haha~* MC acted as唐三藏while WY portrayed孙悟空... lol she's cute la.
And I looked thru the Seniors' Camp photo album PY created on FB to see wat was SS, Michelle and YQ doing over at their stations during the 3hrs too...
It was a gloomy afternoon all right, and no one was working on a sunday at SSC, so even gg to the toilet alone on the 2nd flr was rather "eerie" cos there's like no one at all in the building. Corine was looking at photos from her dinner gathering the day b4, and showed me vids she took of the fireworks display they saw. Then we began chatting about our dreams. Oh well we both want to be journalists! I shared with her my internship exp @ MYpaper and she's more keened to be one after hearing lol. Somehw, we touched on the topic of religion after discussing at modules to take this coming sem, and then she talked about her uncle, her relationship with JL etc.
Kind of佩服her knowledge and determination. I mean I'd been thinking of being a devoted buddhist/taoist, but somehw my tots din reflect in my actions, sad to say. Some of the teachings really "hit" me in the head... 我点头如捣蒜lor.
宗教永远是个敏感的话题。信仰永远有选择的权利。
相信应是自由的,不是强迫的、被捆绑着的。
原来它从来都不仅仅只是我的精神寄托,它的教诲已根深蒂固在脑海里、在这个生命个体的里面住下了。
是神?是追随者?还是主宰者?I reckon there's still a long way down the path.
Finally after team 1 completed their games at our checkpt, Corine and I could leave for Can B for our de-brief session. Some suggestions here and there for changes to details of different game stations, so SS and I would discuss and edit the details further. *Cham I feel I'm still so blur up till nw... gt to pick things up fast b4 SS leaves for Hong Kong haha.*
All of us took pics in front of the HSS building... and can u guys spot the "P" alphabet tat we programmers were trying to form? Lol~
After the photo-taking session, some went home while the few of us headed to Hall 2 for BBQ! Great thks to Leon cos his mum prepared some of the food like bee hoon, curry mutton, longan dessert~ which were super yummy! *Thks to ppl like Bertha, SS, Leon, PY etc. who were BBQ-ing the food for the rest.*
Talked quite a lot there... with Serene, YJ, GF, WY, WJ, AQ etc. Basically we were discussing mods to take the coming sem la lol... and some of the seniors did recommend mods for us to take, so right nw, I'm considering HC241 though it's a Cat C mod lol. *Like hw we had many ppl in our clique taking HC150 together lol~*
Oh and nt forgetting to mention... the BBQ-ed chicken wings, sausages, satays, sotongs etc were delicious... I loved the sotong esp haha!

Comments