E4-01 gathering @ Sentosa + dinner @ Bosses黑社会 + Justin Bieber: Never Say Never + Beastly + 마이블랙미니드래스 + 倩女幽魂

It's been yrs since our last E4-01 gathering, and thks to HA, he arranged a gathering for us at Sentosa on Sat. Many couldn't come, and in the end about 12 of us turned up. Ms Pang couldn't make it last min too. James was kind enough to come fetch Jess, YB, PH and me to Sentosa. We brought stuff like drinks, sandwiches, biscuits and chicken nuggets (me~) cos the organiser suggested potluck. 
The sun was scotching~ when we reached the Beach Station. HA, Ben, HX, YS and YL were already there. They looked like they'd been playing Monopoly Deal card game all the while while waiting for us haha. 
*聚会不在乎陌生与否,重要的是留念。*
Haven spoken to ppl like HX and WT for a long time, so did a lil' bit of catching up with them. All the gals who turned up for the gathering hav all somewat "officially graduated" from uni, except me aiyoh~ haha. Those juz graduated are busy looking for jobs of cos. *kinda envious cos ppl like PH and Jess were juz back from their grad overseas trip in Hong Kong and Taiwan respectively* HA, PH and I shared some talks about HA's job-searching experiences too... the kind of interviews he'd went thru. *sounds to me it's tough securing a perm job... though I've 2 more yrs b4 I really hav to worry about this* He's in the banking field and nw currently studying CFA (?) like a sort of further studies while in the midst of searching for a job. *金融世界离我有些遥远...不行!要多了解了~*  WT juz graduated from NTU's Art, Design and Media with major in animation... she has been great in drawing since sec sch days and I reckon it's gd she could do wat interests her somehw.
The heat was barely bearable, Jess, YB and I walked to the beach and begun taking pics, using Jess's cam and YB's iPhone.
HA was "nagging" to me, saying ppl like Jess, YB and I shld "be out in the sun more often" LOL~ HA, YL, YS, PH and even James (suffering from aching legs) played frisbee and volleyball then.
Suddenly tot of doing star jump by the beach, so we started the "jumping trend" lol... and man we can see the diff photographers' (HA, PH, Jess and YB) "skills" from the photos... hw accurately they managed to snap all of us jump together.
Oh and I'm glad they liked my chicken nuggets haha~ though it was mum who fried it... I oni helped to heat it up b4 gg out lol. Aish I forgot to try YL's chicken meat and WT's Chewy Junior~ YB's sandwich was nt bad too. Then, YB suggested to me and Jess we'd go somewhr esle for a walk cos she couldn't stand the heat there haha. So, 3 of us walked and took the shuttle bus to Resorts World. It's the 2nd time I'm there but I'd nv went into Universal Studio Singapore for even once haha.
It's rather a miracle I din spend a single cent in Sentosa haha. The guys came over to meet us after their shower. HX and PH already went back, while Nancy came oni then, cos she overslpt haha. We headed to Vivocity for dinner but Nancy couldn't join us cos it's her dad's bday... and so she went home with WT. HA went home too cos he had to study for his exams the nex day... poor guy who put in effort to gather us together... thks again! *so paiseh I wasn't very "updated" with my sec sch pals' recent life...*
It's funny hw we din know wat to eat at Vivocity so I anyhw "pin-pted" to a restaurant on the directory... a Spanish bar and restaurant. When YB browsed the menu, she din really understand it, so we changed our mind and settled down for dinner at "Bosses黑社会" instead.*Lol I almost tot I went back to Science Centre's "mirrors' maze" when Jess and I went to the toilet at the restaurant haha~*
Ppl like Jess, Ben, James and I din really know wat to order, so it was mainly YB and YL doing the orders, and YS taking down the orders haha. *I reckon even ordering needs "experience"... I shld really learn to order food fast才显得“大器” 哈哈~*
We had 2 pots of香片茶... eh as usual, tea nt really for me cos I get headache if I hav too much of it. The fried fish crackers served b4 the main dishes was crispy and yummy haha. Then came the specialty of the day... steamed prawns. I dun really eat prawns outside cos I dunno hw to peel the shells properly... like it'd be very "unglam" to see me eat prawns in public, so I rather nt eat... anyway I'm nt a fan of prawns. James and YL were nice ppl cos they peeled for us haha~
The egg was quite sweet, 菠菜is my "all-time-fav" veggie, 梅菜扣肉's taste was juz right, but the meat was too tough for me. YB and I tot the小笼包had a tinge of almond taste to it... weird. Din like the焖排骨. And even though I'm nt a fan of custard bun (the signature dish over there) due to the咸蛋黄tat ooz-ed out (poor YB, James and Jess were rather the "victims"), I'd hav to say it's still acceptable for me, and I preferred the外皮more lol. My fav was the seafood dish with tofu, prawns, 小白菜, sotong etc. all mixed together haha... delicious! All in all, we had 8 dishes ordered, all of medium size... $28 per person in which I think is ok for a Chinese restaurant. *YL was so full he couldn't walk properly after the meal lol~*
The guys wanted to catch a movie but no suitable timings were available, so we went home after looking for YB's iPad cover. *Dang this gal can fall aslp in the midst of our convo in a car lol~*

Oh and I finished watching some movies these few days... shall share. First up was "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never".
A 16-yr old having to face the media and millions of crazy fan girls. Yes there is the pressure and responsibility he'd hav to learn to take up, despite being a growing-up teenager. I can't relate much to this cos I can't understand why thousands go "ga-ga" over him, but seeing some of the footages, I reckon Bieber's gt to exercise more self-ctrl and discipline, cos it looked like he'd play overboard at times. But, I do agree Bieber's gt the musical talent in him since young.

Rating: 3/5

Next was "Beastly", which XY kept telling me it's no gd.
*I like Vanessa Hudgens's style in the last pic above.*
A modern version of "Beauty and The Beast", though the movie din really portray Hudgens as the beauty. Alex Pettyfer was arrogant as a handsome young man and so a curse was put on him, made him ugly and the oni way he could hav his gd looks back was till someone said "I love you" to him. This is pretty much a movie catered to fans imo.
The thing is... I found the "greenhouse" part from the movie very familiar... I think the same桥段was used in "Music and Lyrics" b4? Or another movie tat I watched b4.

Rating: 3/5

Yoon Eun Hye's "마이블랙미니드래스" talked about 4 gals who grad from uni and were havin their 1st taste of life in society.
Being a star, a calefare, a scriptwriter, or simply a English student, they all had difficulties in life. Friends even fell-out due to jealousy, cos one couldn't stand seeing another being more successful than herself. *Dong Ho was cute as the sec sch boy in there haha.*
This movie made me wonder... hw I would be in society in the near future? Would I be lost? Would I already hav found the way to fit in? Or would I still be in a middle of nowhr... pondering有的没的?

Rating: 3.25/5

Lastly, I caught Louis Koo's "倩女幽魂", a re-make from Leslie Cheung's classic film.
The diff nw is tat小倩has gt another lover besides scholar宁采臣... a priest (Louis Koo). The storyline's more complicated than b4 but I think I prefer张国荣and王祖贤's simple and pure love line in the 90s. 刘亦菲's pretty as a ghost too... she's gt her own "aura", diff from王祖贤.

Rating: 3/5

Comments