11/6 - 15/6

11/6/12:
Finished writing Hebe’s concert article… 1K words… but I think版位有限, in the end it ended up juz a corner of the paper haha. *Anyway, other papers already published it, so yeah nt much new pts on my side.* Had mee hoon kuey for lunch at the coffee shop near SPH… nt bad o. Honestly, the food thr somehw looks gd… shld go back often. Tried this beancurd tart from Le Confectionary and Pastry… reminds me of the one we had at Ghim Moh Market~ oh so yummy!
Gt a new assignment from SW… interview of “X-元素”casts… shld be bringing YS along. *Gosh… gt to work on 30/6 sat!* Also, thr’s a phoner interview for施南生coming up too, most prob. *YY and JF were happily sharing wat to ask her~ omg another challenge for me after狄龙I reckon?* Knew from WT tat WY handed the cover news on young ppl getting flats b4 marriage to QL instead… but I’d already done 2 interviews… so would do a联合报道instead haha!
*Yes I am into interior design all along… coincidentally YY too! She say she’s gonna pass me some interior design mags haha.*
Left office at about 6.45pm, and man it was rush hr by the time I reached Buona Vista MRT platform. Waited for 4trains b4 I could board, and it stopped about 5mins at Chi Garden station. *现在身陷其境,终于感同身受~ SMRT or the govt shld do more about population density prob!* When I gt down to buy bubble tea for bro, I ordered珍珠奶茶, and the lady was stupid enough to ask if I wanted pearls? My reflex was questioning her: “Er……珍珠奶茶,要珍珠。”Doubt she heard the讽刺in my words… I mean even if I wanted pearl bubble tea without pearls, I would hav said right after my order… no need for her to ask such a dumb qn la. 

12/6/12: 
Went in office in the afternoon, realized YS had helped me done the hotline for the day haha. I edited a lil’ b4 handing in. Surfed the net a lil’ for ideas for new articles, since爆米花’s having meeting tmr morning.
Got down to writing pdt news for Poh Heng’s “Gold Unlimited” jewellery collection and Neutrogena’s facial pdts. CQ sent an email in the afternoon for me to整理few news related to Andy Lau. *开始习惯下午的改写任务了~* Hopefully I’d translated the Cantonese words correctly into Chi though! Glenn came over with a new assignment for me, but I was busy, so he would brief me tmr morning instead.
*rRandom tThought: It’d be so worth it if I shld learn to enjoy my job!* 

13/6/12:
*Hehe I told PQ I wanted to go for food tasting… lol!*
Sadly, the last min.改稿I did for Andy Lau’s news din appear in papers today. Anyway, I had to contact Danny for the GSS supplement 3 article coming up, featuring some shops in People’s Park. Done with Neutrogena pdt snippet, and went for爆米花’s meeting. *Omg~ lasted 1+hrs* WT and PQ were asking me for ideas, and yup I did gave a few la… which means nw I gt a few more to do! One of which is the“人肉搜索”话题with YS…due for publication end of this mth.
*Hmm… still learning to be more precise in my words.*

狄龙’s phoner was delayed till 4.30pm, and I did the interview together with Tung from ST. Robin called to Indonesia since狄龙’s thr, but alas the line dropped a few times, until he called the hotel no. *I really dunno hw to address Mr. 狄龙, so I actually called him“狄龙大哥”~ dun expect me to say “uncle” right? Dun wanna expose my age and reveal my lack of exp haha.* Tung’s asking at 1st, I asked about his代表作, and I rmb him praising my “gd qns” lol~ muz be cos he 1st heard my voice lol. Anyway, whole thing went gd with Tung’s help, and I think as usual, I’d always worry whether or nt qns I ask would make sense, or do they sound stupid, if it hinders other reporters’ qns along the way etc… 所以小组访问多数时候I seldom speak. *Sometimes, I wish I could be more confident, and nt think tat much.*
*rRandom tThought: When stress gets to a certain lvl, my mind would auto-counter. Stress during office hrs is acceptable. I try nt to bring it hm, and yes I am doing it nw, somehw!*

14/6/12:
*Glenn难得asked me a lil’ about my sch life in office haha. FYP is giving me the headache but he said doing tat’s a piece of cake haha.*
Lol~ YY kept saying I was a “gd helper” to them, and JJ was jokingly telling me to work permanently lol! I told CQ my internship ends in mid july~ and she was saying hw YS’s working till aug… none of my business haha. As usual, everyone’s supposed to give updates to JF and CQ, including me. I was oni telling them I’d be gg to “X-元素”’s filming with YS~ then the grp were LOL: “Whoa~ since when u become senior intern here? Bring junior intern along with u?” Haha~
*Politics~听了,自己知道就好!*

*Surprisingly, MH asked to hav lunch together today! Haha~ but I am already eating with YQ.*
I realize one can get very tired if u are really focused on doing sth! I was taking my time to do狄龙’s article… took me 3+hrs… plus the lack of slp~ omg my eyes are really tired! Even while having dinner with PH at JP’s Benten Café was tiring… haha. I mean I enjoyed the chat, but I was mentally worn-out.
15/6/12:
*rRandom rRant: My tooth chipped even more when I was biting biscuits during lunch~ omg now it’s gonna be obvious when I grin!*

*Getting stressed up is normal in this line. But do know hw to ctrl ur feelings, and nt show tat unhappiness to another person.*
Came up with my set of qns for人肉搜索article, to be published last weds of June. Shared with YS, and we were supposed to split the interviews, each of us interviewing 3 ppl. Dunno why but he said he might hav difficulties looking for interviewees, so I told him I could help.
Was happily preparing qns for GSS 3’s interview at People’s Park, until CQ suddenly told me to help with a snippet on刘谦’s magic performance tour in SG in Aug. *Commercial support… 是现实的啦。* Met up with Danny at the lobby, and juz when we gt to his car, he realized his keys were nt with him! Lucky he found it in the washrm, and we headed down to People’s Park. YZ the photog met us thr, and then Mr Ong, one of the owners brought us to the diff shops. JX, a reporter from CIN joined us in the middle, and 2 of us helped each other along the way… phew~
All in all~ I went to 8 shops, “featured” countless pdts lol~ Guess I was rather in awe with 1 of the shop tat sells cosplay, theme clothings! *Yeah三舅can buy his singing outfit thr liao haha!* After a hectic 2+hrs, Mdm Chia, one of the chairperson of PPTA, treated us to drinks and toasts. *很“草根”的招待,我也挺喜欢的!* Anyway, I realize it’d be so useful if u could speak multiple lang as a reporter! Some of the owners speak Cantonese which I can’t understand, lucky Danny acted as the middleperson and helped me somehw. It’s a diff “shopping” exp from the one I did for GSS2, with Anna. This was even more hectic, and I met with many more diff kinds of ppl… “邻居街坊style” haha!
*Article’s kinda in a rush, so I’m gonna do at least half of it at home this wkend!*  

Comments