LC's 23rd & XY's 21st Birthday @ Timbre Old Sch + Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows part 2

*Body's aching, esp my legs...*

*努力总有得不到认同的时候,但起码我尝试过。*
The wkend tat passed was indeed packed for me haha. After updating my blog on sat, I met the gals at Douby Ghaut MRT, and oni SS and YQ reached b4 me haha. YY, LC, Michelle and MT came nt long after and we were busy writing the birthday cards haha.
Brought them to Mt.Sophia. and we climbed the 144steps up to Old Sch omg! *My legs were already aching kinda badly from the KTM railway walk la~* The girls were "complaining" as we walked up lol. *mental note: shan't go Timbre @ Old Sch anymore in future haha~*
I tot "Sex on the Beach" which Trina had was nt bad from a sip I took, so I had the same glass of cocktail on sat, and SS had the same one as me too. WT "act guai" la, she wouldn't want to touch alcohol without her bf ard. MT had beer, while all the others had tea, juices blah... but I can't rmb wat XY had though... looked like the same drink as mine.
We ordered duck pizza (again!?), seafood pizza, 2 plates of buffalo wings (which were spicier and nicer I tot), calamari rings and wedges o! Somehw I dun really enjoy the duck pizza, and tot the seafood pizza tasted better.
Oh and we had a game of "Gift and Get" tat SS brought. We were having so much fun guessing each other's fav and it was oni after one round b4 the waitress there told tat we were nt supposed to play board games at Timbre... so irritating. *I guess I can really看穿anyone easily ah haha~ I mean of cos after I get to know them a lil'.* 
MT and I sent sms-es to wish LC and XY happy birthdays too! *Sofia and Fatt weren't as impressive as The Goodfellas though... arghh I miss the latter's singing!*
Then, it was time for XY and LC to open up their presents! XY did it 1st... saw her polariod cam and name tag and she was so happy~ cos she'd wished to hav the 2 haha! Anyway, there was a box of 10 polariod cards for her but she used up about 9 on tat day already haha!
It's LC's 23rd and it feels like the 1st time we all are celebrating her bday for her cos previously she was in China during her bday usually. We gt her a name tag and a lady's bag too. *I think her face looks like one of those wax figurines u see in Mdm Tussad's leh haha!* 
The Rum and Raisin choco cake from Awfully Chocolate came out soon after! LC was so serious in making her wishes o... wonder if she wished for her "prince" to appear soon? Lol. The cake tasted nt bad~
YY, MT and WT left earlier than the rest of us. *YY forgot to take home her hp lol.* SS, Michelle, LC, XY and I left at about 10+pm, since the live performance din really caught my attention anyway, I din feel like staying to listen haha. 
*不敢开始,就是害怕习惯变成依赖,依靠动摇时却又无可奈何地得死心塌地……值得?*  

Sun met YB, James, YL & PH for our movie outing! YL, James, YB and I had lunch at新旺茶餐厅, I tried the肉丁干捞面($6+)... better than my previous eating exp there honestly haha. PH joined us nt long after, for "Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows part 2"... the real and final installment to Harry Potter series... gosh it's been 10yrs!
This part of the movie picked up directly from the last scene from part 1 of Deathly Hallows. Though I cannot rmb the many details from the bk which I read 4yrs ago, the storyline wasn't too big a prob still. *YL can rmb lor... so amazing haha.* There were many huge, "magnificent" scenes which I tot were worth complimenting (like hw the professors cast spells to protect Hogwarts castle, hw the trio escaped on the back of the dragon from Gringotts etc.)
2 scenes from the movie left quite an impression on me. The 1st one was when Harry was reading Snape's memory... I knew from the bk tat Snape loved Lily but the flashes of memories on-screen were compliments to the descriptions. Somehw it feels tat Snape's feelings for Lily was tat real and deep, yet he endured a painful process all along to conceal his true intentions... hw he in fact protected Harry Potter instead. *Thumbs up to Alan Rickman!*
Another one was b4 Harry Potter faced Voldemort during the 2's duel in the forest. He used the resurrection stone and saw James, Lily, Sirius and Lupin's spirit ard him. He talked to them and this scene was almost the same as wat impressed me when I read the bk on the part about them "standing by Harry" in his fight against He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. *I rmb writing a song lyric inspired by their love and support for Harry Potter!* 
Was a lil' taken aback by Ron and Hermoine's sudden kiss in the movie though haha. Oh and the last duet bet. Harry and Voldemort wasn't as impactful as expected~ a bit of pity there. Though I still love Ron for his humour in the movie, this movie is still on Harry after all. It's basically bet. him and Voldemort in this final showdown, so the rest of the characters like Ron, Hermoine, Draco, Neville, Ginny, Lupin etc. had little cameo times. *YB was so anticipating for Tom Felton to appear~ lol.*
*Enjoyed seeing the trio become parents 19yrs later... they looked cute lol.* 

Feels nostalgic since the series has come to an end. Nvm hw much the movie series might hav disappointed/surprised fans, it's no doubt one of the best-selling blockbuster movie of all times. Coming to think of it, I din start watching from the 1st movie in 2001, but "Prisoner of Azkaban" with I-can't-rmb-who, and I was addicted to it haha. Started reading the books and there was a pt of time (during the 4th and 5th books' day) when I was so into Harry Potter I'd join in all kinds of "muggle-sites" and forums... and even met a pal from Iowa there haha! Oh and the actor I 1st liked from Harry Potter movies was Sean Biggerstaff, portraying Oliver Wood in the 1st 2 movies haha~

Oh memories! 
All right, Hogwarts shall forever be one of the magical realms/imaginary worlds I'd escape to whenever I need to. It's too interesting a place.

Rating: 3.75/5

Had贡茶and we walked to Ion Orchard, when we saw Elson Soh singing for an event there. Loitered ard b4 we went up to Food Republic so I could hav an early dinner b4 the FOC meeting at SMU in the evening. 
The meeting ended like 10+pm. SS, Michelle, YQ and I went Burger King for supper haha.
*May the camp be a smooth and successful one.*

Juz caught a kinda touching vid few days ago from China's Got Talent show. This 12-yr old Mongolian boy,乌达木, sang“梦中的额吉”to his mum whom passed away when he was 8. His dad died nt long after too. His voice is pure and clear... such a sweet child.

Comments