23/7/11 - 24/7/11: NTU Chinese FOC AY11/12

*Watched Lucas Grabeel's web series, "I Kissed A Vampire" and it was quite a funny musical haha.*

*I hate myself when I go against u... juz don't compare cos I simply dislike comparison at times.*

The last camp I attended was my uni FOC 2yrs back, as a freshie and I did enjoyed tat camp cos the seniors did a very gd organisation I reckon. Nt a very "camp person" myself but cos SS was so enthu about joining in, so 2 of us joined is as chief programmers this yr, and we pulled YQ and Michelle in too haha.
Wasn't very clear about wat a chief programmer does at 1st, but since the planning began about 4mths ago, SS and I slowly进入状况and once we gt to know tat the theme this time round was“三国”, we started planning up our games for the Amazing Race, “三国乱闯”, as well as water games. Gathered ideas from our programmers team like YQ, Michelle, Connie, KY, June, RT, WJ, YY & WJ, and then SS and I spent like hrs deciding on which games to use, the logistical requirements and other necessary precautions to take... as well as deciding the routes and exact station locations for the six teams of freshies. Had to rope in Angie, Serene, TC, Josephine, Corine and YJ almost last min cos we realise we din hav enough programmers to tend to the individual stations and checkpts. There were changes here and there in the midst of preparation, but I'm thankful all were rather smooth when it came to camp's day!
*Big thks to SS for helping to prepare many of the props... but credits to her company la... for those colour printing and markers, etc. lol.*

Met YQ and Michelle and we reached sch at about 830am, gathered at HSS seminar rm 3 for briefing by Leon, and changed into our pink tees!
Then we moved to HSS audi for the intro ceremony. Prof Zhang and Gao were there as special guests haha. The PnP team did a video for the "opening" of三国之战... it was funny and the audi was filled with laughter la haha! Oh yeah the freshies were divided into魏、蜀and吴, and we had姫and曹操,孙尚香and刘备,小乔and周瑜as names for the 6 grps!
Then, freshies went for their ice-breaking while we prepared things for our stations and had lunch. My station masters and checkpt-ers set off for their respective stations at about 12.45pm when the rest were having their mass games. *Lucky I had Leon and YJ to help me make annoucement in front of the crowd for the set-off for Amazing Race lol... gosh I'm shy mah lol!* 

During Amazing Race, I 1st accompanied YJ and TC at checkpt 2 (同声同气), and we saw the 1st 2吴国teams coming. *Lol HQ was so gd and fast at bribing la lol~* YJ was gd, can see tat she's experienced with camps so she brought up the ambience fast haha. Then I couldn't stand the heat and left to look for Michelle and YQ at TR165...全智全能station 2! *Dang these 2 ladies were enjoying the air-con la... they're one of the "luckiest" SMs man!* 
依依不舍地left the tut rm and headed to Yunnan Garden to look for Connie and KY, who were doing“高唱入云”, station 1. Alamak it was real warm there la... bet they were burnt la lol. Saw孙尚香's team there but I dunno if the qns were too diff or were the freshies simply too tired from the walk all day, cos they were rather quiet. Oni the GLs were enthu la haha... they were basically the one guessing the song titles. Can't tahan anymore and I went over to YY and WJ's station 6 at HSS Heritage Centre, whr the freshies had to put their hands in boxes and guess the items inside. WJ shared with us her exp of being robbed in London... gosh her friend lost SGD2K la! *姫was late for like 10+mins... everyone looked so tired from the walking.* 
*I noe it's hard to keep ppl feeling "high" all the time, but I tot my SMs and checkpt-ers did a great job trying to bring up the ambience even though they were tired themselves.* 
Glad Amazing Race ended on time at 5pm. The freshies went for their wash-up, while we lazed ard in the audi for the time being, doing rehearsals for our mini comm intro onstage. *YJ"爆发"了, but I guess it's normal for ppl to hav情绪when nth goes smoothly and time is packed.* The concert started at 8.30pm, and phew I think the comm intro went rather ok~ then we took grp photos too haha. *Serene, Angie, TC and YJ were the "high" peeps la haha!* It was time for“百万大歌星” and I guess the freshies had real fun singing together. *Lol we comms were falling aslp away at the back of the audi cos we were all too tired haha~* SL performed singing Hebe's“超级玛莉”but I tot her voice din suit tat song... she shld go for more powerful songs instead haha. And yes we all enjoyed PY, SL and Bertha's song performances! Bertha's so gd at the keyboard la~ SL sounded a bit nervous imo, and dang PY's hilarious... he did like imitations, beatbox and we all agree he could go be the emcee nex time round cos he easily brought laughter to ppl haha.
Michelle and I went home at about 10.30pm, and was on the train with YY, WJ and WQ. *So weird... I dun even noe WQ la lol~* 

Again, reached at 8.30am outside HSS audi on sunday, and had bread for breakfast... oh the choco spread was yummy~ Was busy preparing for our water stations cos we din rehearse these games during the senior camp, so we had to choose our station areas last min. Preparation was rather rushed la till YJ called me and said the freshies were ready to come up and I told her to hold them for 10mins lol.
Finally, Leon they all "let loose" of the freshies at abou 10.45am and we were all ready for the water games! Station one tat YY, WJ, WJ and GF were in-charge of seemed like the most fun to play imo. *Leon din expect them to get the hang of it so fast... and the 1st 2 teams already used up a lot of the plastic bags, but luckily YY they all somehw solved this crisis towards the end phew~* PY had the idea of throwing down the water bombs from 3rd flr and everyone was so excited lol~
Michelle, YQ, Serene and Angie's station 2 was more challenging cos the freshies had to turn 10rounds 1st, b4 dashing forward to take chinese characters tat were packed in zip lock bags, which were submerged in like ice water... they had to dip their hands in for 5secs 1st b4 taking it out lol~ then 4 ppl could find and form the idioms at one side haha. *Cheating took place but I guess can't prevent la since everyone was so enthu haha.* I placed my hands in and whoa super shiok under the burning weather sia haha! Only went over once to station 3 whr June, RT, Connie and KY were at... their was random... juz splashing water at anyone they feel like LOL! 
Lunch was good~ loved the fish meat... and it was catered from hall 2 according to logistics team. Was lazing ard and talking while the freshies washed-up and went for their talks at the Heritage Centre. *Lol~ PY, Serene, Angie and I shared some time "backstage" while we gossiped lol* 

Leon invited me, PY, Serene, YJ, TC and Bertha to be the judges for the freshies' cheer and mascot competition. *Angie was our"会计事务所的会计师"~ tallied scores for us thks haha!* I think周瑜did great in their cheer cos they had actions accompanied too haha. For the mascots, they were all rather cute la haha. I reckon we were all rather impressed by all six teams' creativity during their final performances. I esp liked刘备's dance (YQ's friend led the dance... his expression was classic lor lol~)and 孙尚香's triangle love story LOL! *DW was hilarious... he "molested" his "wife" in front of us all haha!* 曹操and姫teamed up together for their cheers performance. 周瑜and小乔showed their love for each other during the prize award ceremony haha... so "touching" LOL!
孙尚香came in 1st... in which we all agreed cos this team was gd overall, be it performance, unity, conduct etc. 2nd was小乔and 3rd was姫or曹操I can't recall haha. We felt it was a pity刘备din win cos most of us were happy with their attitude be it in amazing race or water games. *reckon the performances affected all of their scores greatly~* 
Watever... it had been a rather great 2D1N camp for us I believe! I'm glad to know more friends after this camp, and finally understood hw come SS they all looked like they gt so many friends after a camp last yr lol! There's definitely a sense of bonding from this camp... so a successful one I would say! 三国~杀、杀、杀!
*感谢的话我都说了~希望大家都enjoyed了!*

Comments