15/7/11: 雨中的铁路(KTM railway) + Timbre @ Arts House

*感情的世界真的很复杂,人越是长大,知道的越是乱七八糟。But being a friend, I think I shld be behind my friend's decision, esp when I can say nth about it.*

Slpt at 2+am and woke up at 8am on fri morning. Was supposed to meet Dorothy and Trina at Commonwealth for breakfast but Trina was late, and Dorothy already had ham and cheese bread in the morning, so I ate lo. Trina came at about 10+am, and we set foot off commonwealth blk 79 and embarked on our "railway expedition"! 
*I've nv taken the train b4, so maybe nt much of special feeling towards the track but it's definitely a new exp for me to walk it haha. Coincidentally, my essay in HC312's exam was a story based on a railway track pic... graffiti I saw along the way somehw reminded me about it haha.*
"776.50" was the 1st marking we'd saw at the very start of our walk. The weather was still fine at tat time, but soon after the sky turned gloomy la.
The rocks at 1st were still nt tat big an obstacle to our walk, but it "posed a real hazard" to us after we gt passed Ghim Moh... passed NCSS building. It poured heavily and the worse thing was there were no other ways out anywhr lol, so we had to brave outselves thru the rain.
Poor Trina was trying to show hw wet her pants were... in fact she was drenched from top to bottom haha. And as we passed Holland V's area, we saw really beautiful private houses, one of them was like me and Dorothy's dream villa la LOL!
We came to a underpass and took a rest there, while Dorothy and Trina had their breakfast cos they were hungry haha. Juz look at the shoes Trina wore... hw could she come in those!? *There were many others who wore slippers too though... gosh.* Think tat poor gal's feet were really painful cos she walked kinda slowly thruout. A lucky thing I decided to wear the crocs shoes, with extra padding... din feel much pain except for my toes cos they seem to be knocking into the rocks along the way! Btw, we did like diff poses under the pass, shot those连拍with Dorothy's DSLR... the one tat caught the sequences of Dorothy falling down were hilarious!
Nt tat surprised to see many others walking the railways as us since this whole thing might be removed after 18th Jul. 3 of us managed to苦中作乐cos we had each other's company yeah! We saw many soles too... tells u hw hard this trail was la haha...
And finally we saw the big, wooden planks instead the usual metal ones... which I think tells tat we're nearing certain stops/stations... in which we were right! Trina was so relieved to walk those instead cos easier to mah.
Yes we finally reached Bukit Timah! Seems a long walk sia... but of cos, we din stop here! We moved on and oni went out to the main roads after we crossed the overhead bridge and reached Mayfair Park area. So "part1" of our walk ended at pt "772.25"~ Trina took a pic in front of some private residence which had a rather unique exterior... reminds us of "radio Gaga" tat's her LOL! And in the rather bad state of hunger we were in, we walked downwards tat area and Trina and Dorothy mistook some shelter as a bus stop, while I tot I saw someone's house as coffee shop neh~ LOL.
We rested a while at a bus-stop nearby (which was juz near Bukit Timah Plaza), and after a satisfied meal of bread for me, we continued to walk the railway, in which Dorothy hoped we could reach the railway mall(?). Aiyah... this "part2" was a "short-lived" one though...
Wat a way to "find friends"... Trina reminded me lol~
It seemed like a long way ahead after about 20mins into our walk, so Dorothy tried to look for a way out somewhr while on a bridge. We ran down a slope in the end haha... and concluded our railway walk at Bukit Timah at about 3+pm! Honestly I dunno hw long we'd hav walked but according to Dorothy... more than 5KM... wat a feat man! Trina and I happily bought ice-cream at the nearest Fairprice Express store we could find~ gosh my fav Paddle Pop at 60cents~ super refreshing! So... a rather tough achievement but we 3 did it!
*Darn my左小腿抽筋on sat morning sia... it's been very long since I last experienced it la!*

Couldn't bother much about hw much we'd sweated and the pain during the walk, cos juz 1+hr after I gt home, I had to change and go out to meet the "NCSS temp staff clique" (LOL~ wat a name) at City Hall in the evening! I 1st met KU and WX at Buona Vista platform. *Lol... the 2 looked like they were wearing "couple wear" la lol!*
Saw LL, KW and Trina there! *Poor Trina and I... literally spent the day together... our poor legs sia~* LL led the way to the Arts House by the river... and yeah cos I made a reservation b4hand, we gt the 1st seat... in front of the stage LOL! *so worried tat we would go deaf if the band blasted the music~*
Oh I liked the scenery... breezy night too. LL was so high la... dunno wat "medicine" she took earlier oso haha... and she actively helped in ordering of the food. Trina was excited when she saw her "Sex on the Beach" lol... honestly it was quite nice eh. KU had beer and his face turned red upon finishing half of it nia la! *LL and KU really sis and bro lor... both had beer, both talked for each other E.I.Y.R~*
I had the usual Ginger Ale, WX and KW had non-alcoholic drinks too... we were the "guai kias" la lol. All of us shared the buffalo wings, calamari rings, wedges, Timbre Hawaiian and duck pizza. *I agree Timbre Hawaiian tasted better than the signature duck pizza.* 
KU had to leave earlier cos he's gt a bday party to attend, and the band din start till about 945pm... and man he missed The Goodfellas~ they were so dang gd! They belted out many classics and popular songs (some were dedications by audience) like "Grenade", "Blind", "Rolling In The Deep", "Just The Way You Are", "Nothin' On You", "Need You Now", "The Lazy Song", "Price Tag", "Friday I'm In Love", "Sway" etc... all with their own rock colours! Trina and I were in love with the lead's vocal, while KW and LL were mesmerised by Mang's voice. *I'd hav to agree there were loads of surprises in his vocal though~* Anyway, the band worked real gd together, and dang harmonies were so great! Trina even recorded their performance down la haha! 
Trina, KW and WX left about 1120pm, while LL and I oni left at about 11.30pm. *Gosh I was so into listening tat I din feel like leaving le la~* It rained for a while at night too... but LL and I managed to hop onto the last train home phew!
*我曾经有种顾虑,但应该是多余的。好朋友不可多得,我会珍惜的。*

Comments

xin ling said…
感情真的好复杂, 你的朋友发生什么事?
Snowman said…
请问你是?
xin ling said…
哈哈, 我是过路人
Snowman said…
没想到过路人会看我的blog哈哈。

也没什么大不了的,就是一般情侣之间分手了又复合、然后又分手之类的事情啦哈哈。

如果你有blog,我可以link你哦。
xin ling said…
可惜我没有blog:(

哈哈,不用担心,她随时可以找到更好的男人!
Snowman said…
是一个他。哈哈。没什么,希望大家的每段恋情都是好的吧!你也加油!
xin ling said…
我也希望如此。

说起来容易,但做起来难

我的一个朋友追逐他喜欢的女孩三年,但最终无果而终...
Snowman said…
感情的事情,有时候看缘分的吧。

希望你朋友没有从此失去希望,可以多努力。但如果女生摆明对他没有意思,那还是放弃吧。
世界上还有很多其他女生的~哈哈!
xin ling said…
哈哈,我也是这么告诉他!

我们好好加油!再见!
Snowman said…
是的!
加油!