My kind of Mum

*Very happy to hear that I actually let ppl feel gd bout their jobs! Jiayou ah JX!*

*Finally after 1+mth, my SJ pictorial arrived~ woo dashing photos inside!*

Today would be Ninda’s last day of work. Transhipment department gave her a treat on Tues, at one Nasi Padang “hawker-cum-restaurant”. The malay dishes, esp the rojak tofu and curry veg is nice! Evelyn's still bringing up her son’s tuition matter over the table lol~ I can’t la haha.

Watched“순정만화” (纯情漫画) ysn, with Kang In as the 2nd lead in the movie. The young female lead looks familiar but I can’t rmb her name. 2 pairs of couple… 姐弟恋 + “叔妹”( Lol… I name myself de~)恋. I tot the latter couple very cute leh… the“아저씨”looks so blur lol. A simple movie… with many coincidences. And Kang In’s sudden kiss… woo~ unexpected sia. I always tot his eyes look cute when he smiles.

Rating: 2.75/5

26th of Feb… Mum’s birthday today! She’s not in SG today, now in Genting, gambling with my uncles and grandma haha.

我家里从来不大肆庆祝一个人的生日,一切“从简”haha. Yes, it would most probably be the same for my 21yrs old. To me, “21” is juz but another age, nth special really… though friends ard me are talking so much about it that somehow forced me to think “Okie… 21 might be considered special for many ppl.” *Dun worry, I gt my own method of celebrating my 21yrs old throughout 2009… kinda meaningful to myself and definitely unique I reckon.*

Gave mum money. Somehow, I find myself nt very sincere in the sense that, I din buy any gift for her. But I tried many times before, my gifts gt嫌弃by her one lor… so hurtful haha. Our taste too diff le no choice… so giving money’s easier and oso convenient ba. My little bro chose to do the same thing… but god I nv guessed he’d be “so cute” in the way he gave lol.
Monday afternoon mum called me and asked me “Who put money in the envelope… then wrote some msg for me?” I was super blur… of cos nt me la. I didn’t know what she’s talking about until she read out the msg…
“祝妈妈生日快乐
由于星期四,你在外国。
所以以下是你的生日礼物。
我出门了。”
That is my bro’s Chinese.
He’s 19.
Mind u… his sis is from Chinese Studies.
No wrong words, but the way he phrase… ppl juz close one eye la… faint sia~ And his tone of writing sounds formal, yet nt formal at the same time… omg lol.
Still, I tot I heard the “touched” tone in mum’s voice over the phone. She’s over the moon.
谁会想到平时跟她说话语气不好的儿子会“这么可爱”?
谁会想到整天和自己吵架的弟弟会有“还算有创意”的一面?
Haha… bro wrote this juz before he left for chalet on Monday.
*Lucky his Chi nt gd… that made the whole thing funnier. If it was my Chinese… then nt fun le haha… and I won’t write oso la… so weird~*


Time passes. It’s been over 20yrs since I came into this world. Dad and mum oso married for 22yrs. 我对妈妈的印象?认识?When I was 3, mum gave birth to bro, and stayed in hospital. I rmb myself crying as I talked to her over the phone “Come home la mum…” Mum was saying how she was complaining she had to shorten her stay at the “comfortable, air-conditioned” hospital… for the sake of me haha.

Like all mothers, she worries for her children, up till now. I was 10 and I went to Alina’s house (opp the road) for a Social Studies project, making 3D Kampong houses using ice-cream sticks. I told her I’d be home by 4pm, but cos of the delay in finishing, I only came home at 5+pm. Mum flew into a rage then, nagged some words… and out comes the cane! Once she “starts”, it’s diff to let her stop… 被鞭到~woo pain. Main reason: I didn’t call home to inform her, and that made her worried. Since then, and up till now, I will let her know where I’m gg, and estimated time that I would be coming back no matter wat. Any delays… I will inform her. This applies to my bro… if he forgets, I would scold him at times… cos he’s being irresponsible by letting ppl worry for his safety.

I grew up in a Chi-speaking family. Mum’s the main influence. She always “brags” that her best subject in sch is Chinese *虽然讲话是有些“漏风”啦LOL!*. Back when I was 5 or 6yrs old, I couldn’t write my Chi name properly *too many strokes for a small kid mah* in kindergarten. She’d make me practice, and guide me along. After umpteen times and I still could nt get it, the cane comes down on my hand… till I learn how to write my Chi name correctly.
*痛是痛;痛才学会了。*

Haha dun go thinking that my mum’s the mum whose very strict with her children’s studies. In fact, she isn’t at all. I dunno if it’s considered a kind of“激将法”but she often say this to me and my bro “Whether or nt ur results come out gd, it’s ur business. If it’s gd, then gd for u. If it’s nt, u’re the one to lose face, nt me.” Erm… du to some “environmental factors” and me being a very “self-motivated” child, I studied on my own, often I think I’d stress myself a bit too much. Mum said she saw me crying in the middle of the night… why? Cos I couldn’t finish my hwks. Plus, I’m the super shy type… dun even dare to ask qns in sch haha. Mum couldn’t bear to see me like tat (I was the eldest child, and there’s no one ard who could teach me my hwks), so she engaged a tutor for me. I was very happy with tuitions back then. Mum’s relieved too… cos she said I finally stop crying over sch work lol! I’m glad that mum’s “open” about studies. She dun give unnecessary stress to her children, nor does she tell us her expectations *I guess every parent has, more or less.* of us. So, I grew up in an almost very “free-willed” family environment. And this works very well for someone who needs loads of freedom like me… I’m the kind whereby the more u expect me to “walk this way, I will insist going that way”. Her understanding of me, makes me who I am today, to a certain extent. *sounds as if I gt什么大成就了haha~*


I admit that I’m quite a naughty child too. *Surprised? Haha.* Yes, I can be very叛逆的. I talk back a lot to mum. After every beating from her, I will surely go to my room and slam the door, then lie in bed. I can lie there for hours… until dinner time. Sometimes, mum would tell me to go and eat, but I very stubborn, dun eat means dun eat. Some parents out there might really dun bother about the children le *I myself oso won’t bother with such naughty children…反正不吃饿死是你的事lol.* But mum’s gt her soft spot… she can’t bear to see me hungry mah… in end end she would bring in the food for me. I still won’t eat o! She has to talk a lot, make me忍不住laugh then I might eat. Other times, she would be so angry that Mr Cane comes in with her again, and “WHACK!”… another round of beating lor. 我知道让她这样打下去很叫她心碎,but表面上的我就是选择倔强下去…死要面子啦. In the end, mum would be saying “ ‘Or-b’ la...叫你吃不要吃,甘愿被我打啦...” The above isn’t the worse ah… sometimes I get my clothes thrown out of the door… I被赶出家门leh… but thinking I gt no money can’t go anywhr, so juz sat down at the stairs. So“烂”la LOL! Come to think of it nw… so funny.

In short,妈妈是个聪明能干,也愿意花钱和时间在孩子身上的人。She’s a role model for me in many ways, but I din seem to遗传her intelligence… really. Bad thing is that her temper kinda bad la… 好遗传不遗传,这个我倒是“得到真传”了haha~
Yrs getting on and as I grow up, my parents are growing older. 我开始慢慢体会到很多当小孩子时体会不到的事情/感受。懂事果然还是需要时间的经过才可以学会。My impression of mum… 20yrs eh… I can’t finish saying in one blog post de haha. Will share bit by bit in future.

怪我是个不会说动听的话/不懂得撒娇的女儿: Happy birthday, mum.

*太多的好不用说出来,只要心里明白。*

Pranoy intro me the "Nigahiga" channel on Youtube. It's all about this Asian comedian Ryan and his funny production videos. His friends and him did re-makes of popular movies like Twilight, Titanic, Harry Potter etc. The videos really makes ppl laugh, and I tot they are quite a gd display of creativity too. Gotta share some of it...

"Harry Potter"...


"Twilight"...


This one is something about Ryan Higa talking about his vids being removed. I tot the rap is cool~

Nigahiga came out with a movie called "Ryan and Seans's not so excellent adventure"~ looks quite funny. Below is the trailer... shall find the movie one day!

Comments