1st wk with no net in ZUCC...

6th sep 07-7th sep 07
I boarded the train while dad helped me carry my luggage to MRT. 2 hrs before leaving hm, my heart was pounding like mad. Then when I was all alone in the train listening to my mp3, I became excited. Reached Changi airport ard 10.20pm…saw many ppl’s parents’ who came to see their children off.
Entering the departure hall was easier for me than some others. My family was nt there, so I had less of the emotions part to deal with. That long stretch of road leading to the checkpt was unbelievable…I couldn’t believe it’s my first time taking a plane. Many docs to fill in…and yeah of cos thanks to Pat for ur gift! Very meaningful memento to all 3 of us~

Took SQ 816 and my seat number was 40K, with JX and Alex. JX had the window seat, could see beautiful sceneries like sunrise and the land below us. Lucky for me, my ears weren’t very painful during the taking off and landing. Intended to watch movies at first, but realised my attention span is short…so did a lot like watching movies, listening to music, playing games, doing quizzes and even looking at where the plane was on the virtual map. Quite comfortable for a first-timer’s flight experience, juz some “swooing down” during the journey made my heart “slide down”…like when taking a bus down a steep slope. Honestly, didn’t slp at all throughout the whole journey cos I was very excited about the trip. The scrambled egg “breakfast” was nt too bad…love the blueberry jam most. Orange and apple juice made the mark too. Haha… even the stewardess knew about our 5mths stay in ZheJiang.

Reached at 6.35am and came out from Shanghai airport. Many ppl and the air were slightly different too. The airport was even warmer than when we stepped out into the sun at about 8am. Took a 4hrs bus journey to our ZUCC hostel. The expressway was super duper long~ HL and I were talking throughout almost 3/5 of the ride…haha… even took some “candid shots” of others and the sceneries, which were full of commercial ads, farms and some “condo-look-alike” houses. It’s scary seeing ppl walking in the middle of road with no“红绿人灯”、cars crossing anyhow like mad、ppl selling food to drivers or sweeping roads on the big roads!
Our rm number is 211. 2nd floor…and cos it was a new hostel built nt too long ago, dust and cement bits could be found here and there…our bed’s base was made of long, thin stretches of wood that creaks! OMG~ pray the bed doesn’t breaks when I’m sleeping. Had lunch which we wasted a lot of food, bought some necessities from supermart.
Seems like 1st time being so independent, doing own household work, deciding what to buy and what not to, settling down in a clean environment which we 4 totally cleaned up by ourselves.

*妈妈,不要担心,女儿会好好照顾自己的。*

Afternoon stayed in rm do cleaning and tidying up… evening went with Mass Comm seniors to the restaurant near canteen 2 for dinner. Each of us spent only like RMB$6 (S$1.50) haha…the“大白菜”and“糖醋里几”很好吃,可是“麻辣豆腐”很咸,另外一个肉也一样。Night went欧尚shopping mart to buy some necessities. Btw, the taxis over here are called“打滴”(sounds like this). HL, WZ, QW & me met with unruly driver (protect himself with a big external cover…macham who will kill him~), rude motorcyclists, rude child who peed in front of us beside the rubbish bin in a shopping centre!! The shop staffs were nt exactly polite too. Bad impression of ppl here atm, but hope we’ll get used to it soon. Cars driving in totally opposite direction to the lanes…imagine that! We were in such a car…my god…scary…sth that u will nv see in SG.

*Anyway, my China mobile number is +86 15858208253.*


The net over here can get terribly slow...so I would only post when I find the net gg a bit faster. If not...paiseh no photos lor...maybe only after I come back to SG then upload ba! *Paiseh la Ben~*

8th sep 07
Sat, supposed to wake up at 9.45am, but early morning got repairman came to repair the toilet doorknob. Talk super loud, yet in the end only afternoon come back then repaired it. The slp was kinda pleasant for me still, 10am met in meeting rm. Dr Nan, Miss Wu Jing and Mr Ray told us about safety and some small grp activities. WZ damn busy, 1 person got 3、4 post haha. Ah…cham, I’m nt interested in any at the moment.
Then Ah Nan and ray brought us to北秀楼2nd flr de canteen eat“煮炒”. The“啤酒鸭”and“大白菜”very nice!“铁板豆腐”was ok…me, WZ & HL nv eat the brinjal dish…each person RMB6. HL used the toilet at e 1st flr which was super stinky, with a “child-swimming-pool’s–toilet-sized-door”…bravo girl! We went walking at the supermart there and yeah…must rmb there got fruit stall cos when the weather’s cold, eating more fruit helps. We moved on to the library and I borrowed 2books…big building.

Came back hostel rest for a while. 3.15pm whole lot of us went“龙翔桥”there de shopping centre shop…took taxi RMB26. The shops inside really“狮子大开口”one. Of cos we got cheated…we bought some white long-sleeve shirts at RMB65 each, when other shops only sell like RMB50 after some reasoning. I realised that the saleperson are mostly rude, they can scold customers when they disagree with them.

*What’s called the “CUSTOMERS’ RIGHT”?*

One funny thing, there’s a complain corner whereby customers’ can report to if they find shop owners’ scolding them vulgar. Anyway, ppl here call all female customers“美女”*Imagine guys they call“帅哥”…*, and they don’t like ppl to think when buying… as in when u ask for the price they will assume that u’re very interested and then keep on“抓着你不放”, we did tried to “kill” every time but it’s not always u succeed. Some would sell to u at the last minute but they will rebut or say things like:“小姐,要有诚意嘛~”or“你说个价吧~”*Got ppl“看穿”we are Singaporeans…lol*

What’s more dui is after the shops inside closed at 5-5.30pm, we went outside and found many other shops like Giordano and I.P.Zone, they sold clothes similar or same to the ones inside BUT a lot cheaper! QW “dui” RMB120 in total! In the end, QW and WZ got the most“战利品”. I bought jeans, long sleeve shirts, belt, umbrella etc…total cost ard RMB275. Another thing, no fitting rms for most of the clothes shops here…so the salesperson would measure ur waist first.

Well, we would get use to their culture soon I reckon.
At night, we put up our“蚊帐”…tough chore. WZ this bo liao girl went ard taking photos of what’s in our rm J1-211.


9th sep 07
Sun morning ard 10am the chers came“突袭”us…only QW was awake. Ray even wanted to take photo~ haha…奸诈ah! I woke up only ard 11am, then by 1pm we went out to工联there shop. Some of us wanted to change pants bought ysd, yet did nt fit us, so went to龙翔桥again. The crowd was scary…just like wkend Orchard rd. 工联shops oso sell ex clothes, but they got more short-sleeve shirts. I realised I keep on buying Mickey stuff lol! WZ bought belts and clothes; HL clothes and shoes; QW wasn’t exactly in the mood to shop cos she didn’t had enough slp; I got some clothes too. *Legs painful now.*

Anyway, we had our lunch at“意大利冰淇淋”shop…forgot the name of that shop. The pasta was ok…the lady staff don’t even know what meat was the pasta made up of. QW and me had Tiramisu, Mango and“接吻” (sticky choco) 3 balls of ice-cream. Alas~ the standard can’t compare to Swensens of course! Each of us paid RMB32…bit ex.

Dinner considered my “suay” dishes of the day. We ordered“白汁blah海鲜意大利面”、“blah鸭pizza”、some beef meat de pizza and pasta、onion rings、“蝴蝶虾”and chicken wings. Even though it was only ard RMB32 per person, and with many “thumbs up” from the other 3, I didn’t enjoy. Basically cos that“白汁blah海鲜意大利面” that QW and I ordered was actualli sth like “baked pasta”…the sight of it makes me sian. Upon hearing that HL and WZ ordered beef dishes…I even more sian. To “add salt to my wound”, the“blah鸭pizza” was a mess…stupid bacon meat…cheat us! Out of the worst, the chicken wing was the best for me. The prawn meat isn’t very fresh I guess, cos my throat got a bit dry after eating. Then, we went on to grab some bread before returning to hostel.
*误会是在所难免的。*

Sch is starting tml. After shopping for almost 3 days, I’m currently bit sian of it. Seeing same things everywhere…lol. I’m nt a shopping person, maybe for a while, but nt whole day kind.

Comments