2nd wk with no net in ZUCC...

10th Sep 07
Mon woke up at 6.30am, throat felt better compared to ysd. 7.45am gathered at 1st flr and we went for the “opening ceremony”. All the “big shots” were present…Their words were kinda encouraging. The student leader for the新闻组spoke super fast like bullet train…pausing only to take a breath…lol. After that went for first lesson of the day which was“阅读与写作”.唐老师’s accent ok, can understand. I agreed with whatever that’s being said in that introductory lecture…创作需要灵感与基本的基础掌握。I enjoy writing song lyrics and short stories, but I don’t like any束缚 when it comes to writing.

Lunch went舟山东路, 4 of us with ZY. We didn’t really explore much, and went into this闺兰芳restaurant eat. The ppl here all so gan giong one, want us order fast. Nth special about the food.
Went back hostel rest a while then headed for our“中国古代文学”lecture taught by Mr Zhang WZ. Dunno why but he looks like those kind of“笑里藏刀”teacher to me. Bless me for the exams cos I forgot most of lit learnt in yr1 le!“华文新闻采访与写作”is taught by 王老师… he’s got those kind of“关刀眉” which made him looked kinda fierce and he talked as if he’s debating…somehow agitated lol.

I got another new number 619253… for easier communication among us students in China. Night time HL, WZ & me went to舟山东路again to look for DVDs. Found the stall, the uncle knew about the 1st batch of students last time haha. Ate鸡蛋灌饼at RMB3 dollars only…nice crispy skin and egg…if the sauce could be a bit less salty then it would taste wonderful! The uncle very nice as well.芒果果奶oso taste nice. There’s oso this new bubble tea shop ba, got opening discount for students of ZUCC. WZ bought奶霜with ice-cream and fruit toppings…the ice-cream and fruits are yummy but the juice is a bit too sweet.
*有些人就是不懂得“惜福”。。。一不小心又会回到原地踏步。我不容易结交敌人,但还是会讨厌人的。*

11th Sep 07
Tues got“当代中国”lecture early in the morning. All about politics, economic in China blah…tough leh…cham le…I totally uninterested in this~ Then was“中国通史”…tot it would be fun. The teacher’s accent is perfectly clear, but the way he teached oso very “mind-map” style…and he ranted on and on like we already knew about what’s in the bk…I could follow at 1st, but as I got sleepy…my mind simply “wandered into fairyland” lol. Also, I was having flu and felt uncomfortable…maybe cos the lessons were too “headache” for me haha… so I stayed in the hostel during afternoon while the other 3 went out.

“中国通史”was taught by Mr Fan…he a bit more humourous than the lecture cher…and the way he taught was easier to learn for us. I’d rather he be the teacher for the whole subject~lol.

Anyway, my lunch for the day was皮蛋粥(RMB2.50)in bubble tea cup…funny hor?
*没有网络的日子,是靠看“雪花”来度过的。一个不谅解女儿的妈妈;一个不体谅妈妈的女儿。。。*

12th Sep 07
Weds got philosophy lecture…the teacher is the youngest and best in teaching among all so far. Her accent is totally comprehensible and her way of teaching is really clear. Also, the 1st student she called up to ans qns was me…lol. She pronounced my“妮”correctly leh~haha! !“华文新闻采访与写作”was ok…we wrote 2 essays.

Afternoon went out with with JX, Winnie, JQ, ZY, JP, HL, WZ & QW. Winnie, ZY, JX & JP went to play pool while the other 5 of us went to shop. Dinner we went to a Korean restaurant at舟山东路, I ate“鸡蛋饱饭”, only the egg skin was nice ba…haha. Price was like 175RMB in total. The atmosphere there was nice though.

*Pray that I recover from my flu soon.*
*虽然谁都不想,但争吵是在所难免的。*

13th Sep 07
Philosophy tut was easy I shld say… ask us what we think philosophy is about and then divided into small grps. JX, QJ, HL & me in the same grp.
Afternoon got Dr Nan’s talk…whoa those China students very“积极”in raising qns…tot I saw them slping. One guy even tried to “fire up a war”…*go bang wall la~新加坡语leh!*“中国古代文学”tut was being cancelled! I got an “A” for my IAP…ok la…satisfied. *老师万岁!《我报》万岁!SPH万岁万岁万万岁!~*
Dinner went to欧商. We wanted to try“大娘水饺”at first, but seeing that it’s not very tempting, we went to “Croissant de France” instead, which is a restaurant similar to Delifrance. WZ, HL and I spent RMB30 each. We ordered a drink called Lavender Angel…lemon flavour...quite nice. I tried the Crab croissant…the diff between this and the one in Delifrance is (except for price) that the crab mayo’s got more egg and yellowish in colour…plus more veggies too. Nice. WZ and HL had beef baked rice.

14th Sep 07
“阅读与写作”tut basically was the teacher talking all the time. Compared to China students’ proactive-ness, we’re really passive haha. I had青菜肉圆面at canteen 2 (RMB5). The noodle is ok but the soup and ingredients gets saltier as u eat more.“当代中国”asked for our impression of China and the rest of the lesson was again, basically introductory.
Spent the afternoon watching DVD and for dinner, we ordered takeaway from北秀楼…the packing is poor. Tried a new dish called“油爆虾”…tasted like prawns in oyster sauce.
*与蚊子和飞蛾生活的日子。。。真得比较喜欢干净的家。*

Night meeting we celebrated the “Sep babies” bday! WZ, Winnie, JQ & Nicholas…haha…some of them got “smudged by the cake”~ Took a lot of photos, ate a lot of food~ it was really fun! Sad I can't share the photos here cos the net speed is simply...SLOW.

15th Sep 07
“上有天堂,下有苏杭。”
Went西湖today…very green place. Took a lot of photos, walked a lot and even took boat ride to the famous三潭印月…yeah the “33 moons” talk~lol.

Winnie, JX, JQ, HL, WZ, Bel, LX, Joy & me night went to庆春路…tot those branded wear de clothes are there…but nope. Winnie, JX, JQ, HL, WZ & me went to Pizza Hut to have dinner…super delicious~ Each person RMB35….nice pasta and chicken wings! Chatted with Pat throughout dinner…haha…miss the cheap things over here in China ah girl~lol. Walked on to find the 2nd hand branded clothes stores… after some asking ard and walking finally found! We were at another pizza hut previously, nt the one Pat said. Saw a China brand called Jasonwood which has really cool designers’ wears but too expensive… couldn’t bear to spend the money to buy a jeans skirt, shirt and jacket that I看上. I bought a real Nike bag for S$50+. *心痛* Others bought t-shirts and jackets.
After we finished shopping, it was already ard 10pm. Damn diff to call a cab at that time….almost all we saw were full. Worse thing was that we seem to be stopping in the middle of the road every time the红绿灯turned red! After ard 10mins of walking and looking ard, we saw some ppl alighting from one cab. Then, we were all behind a long stretch of fence. Suddenly… *very drama o!*“长腿姐姐”Winnie leaped over the fence and dashed *at the speed of “abnormal ppl”* towards the cab. Seeing everyone jumping frantically over the fence, I jumped too but cos of the weights I’m carrying, it somehow got in my way and I almost fell. Phew…then walked across some very thick grasses to the cab. Winnie was already there standing at the cab’s door waiting for us. JX, Winnie & JQ very nice, let us took cab first. Lucky they got another one soon enough.

*It was no one’s fault…the sudden anger disturbed me a lot then.*

16th Sep 07 Sun woke up ard 1pm…so literally slpt for like 12hrs! But I was somehow awaken by the repairman who came to repair our toilet pipe…*有明星梦的修理人员* After tat went to舟山东路with JQ, WZ & HL. Went to方缘茶餐厅…I ordered猪排饭in which the pork meat tasted nice. The哈密瓜果汁wasn’t really “juice” but just sweet water lor. Then, we went to buy some cakes at bread shop and on to城市风尚. WZ was literally surrounded by the hairdressers when we went in. They macham tot she wanted to do her hair… so each became “gan-jeong spiders” (guess they no customer)…recommend this and that. In the end, WZ stayed to do her hair while JQ and I went back. On the way bought猪排三明治for QW which was quite tasty (Thanks Pat!).
Swept the floor during the evening…*其实,做家务挺好玩的。。。就当作是运动吧!*

Evening JQ came over to watch some Taiwan variety shows on my com. Then, we went to buy chicken wings to eat. WZ spent RMB210 doing her hair: cut + wash + perm. But now she’s complaining that her hair looks like “lion hair”~lol. Indeed, her hairstyle now is more “pong3” than before and has a strong “local-ppl” look to it. HL got a Mickey bag for RMB30…nt bad.

At night celebrated bday for JQ & Winnie…JX bought cake. The 2 lead didn’t sense anything amiss before the celebration which was great. JX, JS, Bel, LX, Joy, me, WZ, HL, ZY, JP & KH went to their rm to celebrate JQ & Winnie’s bday. Had some chats there… haha.

*凡事都不能永远顺着自己的意;生活在一起就不要计较太多。如果谁要跟我计较,我绝对不会退让。*

Comments