Backdate: Melbourne trip June 2017 Day 4 + Potato's proposal!

8/6/17 Thurs: Woke up at 7+am and began our drive to Lorne at Great Ocean Road for lunch. *Saw "Stephen St" along the way haha!* The scenery along the highway was awesome, but it was a bit cold when we step out of the car to take photos by the sea. Saw sch kids surfing too~ brave souls!
We visited the info ctr at Lornie to buy some souvenirs for friends, and had lunch at one of the restaurants nearby which we tot looked gd. He ordered fish and chips and it was really gd, while I had smashed avocado with multi-grain toast and poached eggs which I enjoyed very much too. The portion was kinda big though.
He had flat white, while I wanted a hot choco. We went to play with the parrots outside aft lunch, and drove over to Godfrey Creek, and read that there was a sea tragedy which happened in that area.
While on our way to the famous Gibson Steps, we passed by this random area that is said to hav wild koalas and diff species of birds. They fly to u if u hav food!
The photo above is so funny cos Potato muz be hoping that the bird doesn't "shit" on him lol! But that bird on my shoulder posed with me at the same time hehe! So nice~ Then, we passed by Cape Patton Lookout.
Castle Cove was next, and we passed by nv-ending stretches of route by the sea, and into the greeneries... Think it rained a bit in the middle, and there was a rainbow!
We finally reached Gibson Steps aft a few hrs' of drive. We walked to that long flight of stairs and took photos by the beach. Twelve Apostles could be seen from thr too, and there was even a double rainbow!
However, the weather wasn't very kind to us. Dark clouds gathered real fast and it looked like it will rain badly soon. The tourists thr were all rushing up the stairs, and us too! But I'm not very fit u see, so by the time I got up thr I was panting like siao, and I was very tired nah. But I wanted to see more of the attractions at Great Ocean rd before the sun set, so we hurriedly drove over to Loch Ard Gorge at Port Campbell National Park.
I dunno what was on Potato's mind at that time having to drive and plan for a "secret proposal", but I myself I was a bit tired from running up the stairs haha. Apparently, he told me he'd wanted to do the proposal at Gibson Steps haha, but too bad the rain came and spoilt his plan. So, he had to execute "Plan B". Look at the pic above. We just walked down the stairs to the beach (rain had alrdy stopped by then... lotsa过云雨in Melbourne it seems), and suddenly he told me he wanted to go to "that area" and explore (in fact to propose thr), but I saw from afar and tot thr's nth much to see, so I din go with him, and told him we'd go to the area facing the sea instead. So er... the "Plan B" failed too? Keke.

Now, now... there's "Plan C"! *“一波三折”lol~* While I was admiring the view, Potato asked me to a rock by the side. I tot he wanted to take a photo from thr. I stood thr, and suddenly Potato reached for his pocket, and knelt down with the ring! I was so surprised~ and I looked ard to ensure those tourists at the other end din see us LOL. *I don't like attention lol~* He mentioned about seeing us together for a lifetime, and errr contents along that line which I don't rmb liao cos I think I was overwhelmed by both the cold and the surprise, and I was very touched too. When the "Would you marry me?" came out, Sweet Potato nodded and wore the ring! :)
It was the blue sapphire ring we made at Poh Kim. Very happy that the design looked great on my finger hehe~ We started dating in Nov 2015, so it was a yr and a half of being together when Potato proposed. I tot before he'd propose in Melbourne, and maybe in the hot air balloon (cos I mentioned that was one of my random dream, but lucky he didn't cos he tot there were too many ppl ard and I don't like crowds), but nv think too much into it, so the proposal at Great Ocean road came as a real sweet surprise. *Suddenly, I felt bad about feeling down at Gibson Steps, cos Potato muz hav felt worse seeing me slightly grouchy and then he had to propose LOL.* 
We rushed to see London Arch after that, but the sun sets by 5.08pm! It was about dark when we reached thr.
Drove back to Seddon in 3+hrs... and the whole journey back wasn't easy for the driver cos road was very dark at times, and it did rained. *辛苦你了马铃薯! It was at least 8hrs' of drive to and fro Great Ocean rd.* We had our diner at a random hotel not far from our Airbnb. He had steak while I ate Fish and Chips... which was the option tat doesn't seem to go wrong in Melbourne haha!
Admiring my sapphire ring at night and Potato said the size of his small finger shld equal my ring finger and we're compatible haha! And yes it fits nicely keke!

Comments