Backdate: Melbourne trip June 2017 Day 2

6/6/17 Tues: Woke up at 8am or so and woo it was cold. But the view from her backyard looked so pretty though. Lily was high up on her playhouse alrdy early morning! 
Normal work day for Liz and Michael, while Potato and I packed our luggages to leave for Ryders Horse Riding Tour which was supposed to start at 10.30am. 
*That's Mutton with Potato above!* Drove into Ryder's Farm but we did not see Daman in sight. Asked for help ard and he called to say he forgot our appt and was eslewhr, so he could only do our tour in the afternoon at 2pm instead. We felt sian cos there's nth much ard that "wilderness", so we drove ard to explore the area. It even looked like a thunderstorm was approaching at some pt of time.
Took a few shots at a random train station. Then, we came to this small town called Longwarry. Very quiet town, few ppl ard, and we saw Soul Sisters cafe and decided to go in for lunch. 
There was a copy of Herald Sun and the cover page shook me. There happened to be a terrorist attack in Melbourne at the time we were thr, at Brighton (which we went a few days ltr). *Sometimes, we all take peace for granted a little bit too much.* 
Anyw, we had more than enough time for lunch, and I enjoyed my eggs' benedict with smoked salmon! Luckily, we don't have a confirmed appt in the afternoon (cancelled Healsville Sanctuary in the end since it closes at 5pm), and so we could go back for the riding tour. I reckon Daman felt apologetic, so he reduced the amt we shld pay for tat 2hrs of riding, from AUD75 to AUD50 a pax.
Potato rode "Bandit", the bigger and taller one, while mine was "Chewy". They aren't thoroughbreds though. Shared with Daman how I am involved with horse racing in SG and I think he said his dad was a trainer last time too, and that he'd been to SG once or sth. 
Anyw, getting up on Chewy was a lil' intimidating at first. While I was holding on to the reins, he was shaking his head up and down a lil', so I feared I will kenna pull down by him la lol. 
Throughout the 2hrs of leisure riding, Daman led in front aboard Charlie, while I followed suit and Potato was behind me. We went up and down slopes, into the woods etc, and the horses looked like they hav walked the place a zillion times~ they simply followed whr Daman was heading. Sometimes when they hav to go upslope, we'd hav to bend our bodies forward but Chewy felt like he had a hard time carrying me up omg! *I think I'm too heavy and I feel sorry for his back too.* Well, Chewy and Bandit took turns to shit and they were kinda greedy too, kept wanting to eat the grasses or flowers by the roadside. Daman taught us to control the rein and divert their attention whenever we go near such areas haha. We did get a few chance to trot too, but I honestly din get the rhythm to sync my body with Chewy's trot even aft Daman's explanation lol... so what? My bum felt a bit painful lor.
Oh there was also once or twice Daman somehow went very fast and disappeared and I got a bit lost as to whr to go in the woods sia lol. He would be talking in front, but sometimes his voice would trail off cos he was gg further and further away. He said some snakes were sighted in summer which freaked me a lil, but phew it shld be winter as we were riding. Plucked up the courage to snapped a few photos using my hp too hehe.
Aft the riding tour ended, we drove down to Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort and Spa, which was only about 30mins away. We signed up for the Hot Air balloon and 1N hotel stay package, which was AUD975 for 2. Potato had to call to confirm with the pilot the location of the launch site for the nex morning, and in case of bad weather to be informed cancellation of the trip. We walked ard the hotel area a lil, and saw an indoor hot sauna pool but hey it's so cold I dun feel like stripping down to swimwear even.
*Hmm I didn't slp well that night anyway, cos I kept hearing some sounds from outside... besides Potato's "orchestra snores"... keke!*

Comments