Backdate: Melbourne trip June 2017 Day 1

5/6/17 Mon: I think it was officially Potatoes' first trip together overseas, and my first visit to an "angmoh" country haha. *Visa is needed before gg o! AUD20 a person.* We travelled to Melbourne via Scoot TZ26 at 1.15am, and reached there about 10.40am. *Return air tix was about $650 per pax.* I brought along AUD1140 for spending, and the exchange rate was about S$1.049 to AUD1. *Anyw, I spent AUD654 thr... quite some leftovers since most of our adventures/stays were alrdy pre-paid.*
Once we touched down, we bought the Prepaid SIM for $30, and took the car rental company's trpt to collect our rented car! *Ace car rental at only AUD200 for 7days!* 
Happy Potato did get some slp on the flight, but he's still a bit tired, but off we went to Potato's sec sch friend Liz's place! Some difference in the road signages there, and I rmb Potato did made a wrong turn somewhere haha~ but oh well we got to Liz's safely. Oh and of cos, the views were pretty and traffic was nt that busy on a Mon afternoon.
Liz stays at Hayles st with Michael (Burgess haha~). Saw her cat Lily and she's so fluffy haha! Saw the trees of lemon at her backyard too... there's a lot.
It's the first time I met Liz, and so she was sharing a bit about herself, life in Melbourne, and how she used to work as a freelance photographer etc. Michael was at work, so 3 of us drove out for lunch at The Breakfast Thieves at Brunswick st, which Liz recommended the adapted vrn of SG's chilli crab burger.
The spiciness was shiok for me, but the portion was big and so I don't think I finished mine. Also, he had Latte and I had Flat White, though I'm not a coffee person normally but they say u gotta try their coffee in Melbourne and so I did.
Liz had some errand to run aft which, and to prepare dinner for us (yay!), so she left while the two of us wandered ard the slightly chilly Brunswick area. 
 A public toilet!
We have to purchase parking coupons by the roadside for certain parking lots at Brunswick. Then, Potato went looking for books at one of the bookstores there, and that's his habit: to buy a book wherever he goes travelling. *Haiz I need to read more... where's my motivation?*
We did not visit Phillip Island in the end cos there's no time. By the time we drove back, Liz was already preparing Crotchets for us! *So paiseh I couldn't help at all.* Played with Lily meanwhile~ Potato's "in love" with her la haha!
Michael came hm aft work and 4 of us had dinner together! Big thanks to Chef Liz~ she made us feel so welcomed in Melbourne. I loved the salads and salmon, as well as the strawberry cheesecakes cos they tasted so gd! *I'm not a fan of cheese normally o!*
Michael and Stephen played a game of Mario at night haha... re-living childhood! *There's only one remote controller though... so they had to take turn lol.* Slept at their guestroom for the night~ big, big thanks to Liz and Michael.

Comments