SG 2011 Election + yr2 sem2 exam updates thus far + 我知女人心

*"Running Man" was fun... seeing hw Nichkhun and Taecyeon chased after those hosts at this "little France" place in Korea~ oh mine the place looks so pretty!*

Was in the midst of revising for exams and Poll Day was on 7th May... juz 2 days b4 my 1st paper. I had tuition in the morning with Nikisha then, so I went to the pavilion near my house to cast my vote 1st. Dad said there weren't much ppl, and indeed I went and there's pretty much no queue at all. It's my 1st time voting after all, so I guess it's normal for me to feel a bit nervous haha. It's funny cos after I "made my choice" on tat small piece of paper, I turned towards and all I saw was 2 policemen and it's the exit. I actualli was "stunned" for a few secs and was wondering whr I shld put my vote card into, when suddenly common sense knocked and reminded me to turn in the opposite direction whr the boxes were haha! Shugs~ hw nervous could I get lol!
At the polling place, I saw this old grandpa, wheelchair-bound, and overheard his family members saying tat he's already 90+yrs old but insisted tat he wants to do the vote himself. And he was juz beside me when we made our choices... I saw his wobbly hand holding onto the pen. Dunno why but at that moment I felt goosebump... a sense of respect rose in me. I mean he's exercising his right as a Singaporean, and showing his support for the election even though it may be a lil' difficult for him.
*I reckon this is what it means when u're proud to be a Singaporean, and wanna be part of your country's development, doing ur bit in penning down your homeland's history.*
That night, I chucked CS100's revision aside and was glued to the TV from 9.30pm to 2.30am eh! So anxious for the results haha~ and oh mine Jurong GRC's result came out even later than the "red, hot" Aljunied GRC's one. Nw tat we're seeing more votes for the opposition parties, that definitely suggests more variety in SG ppl's voices nw. Whoever the leaders, wat matters is wanting the best for SG in every way. 

Enough about politics and so here's a lil' summary of the 3papers "down" so far: CS100, HC202 and HC301. CS100 was on Mon, 5-7pm. That was quite a bad timing for me... cos I woke up kinda early tat day and after sometime, realised I dun hav much more to revise, so I was literally rotting and waiting for time to pass at home so I could go for exams. *Things kinda literally go wrong for me when I get nervous~* By the time I reached sch, I felt like there was sth "blocking my brain"... so much so tat I couldn't concentrate well thruout the whole paper, and so din manage my time well when answering the questions.

HC202 was right in the morning the nex day. As we guessed, almost everyone couldn't finish Prof Phua's paper~ I think I already threw 10 marks away for one of the qn cos I wrote a few lines of rubbish for it nia lol. I dunno if I did my way right for the other qns but seriously, I hope I won't fare tat poor for this mod.
Juz had HC301 on thurs afternoon... and man it's like destined tat many would be "flying their pens over the paper" during this 2.5hrs haha. I wrote till my right thumb went numb eh~ Hmm... this is the oni mod tat I'm confident in faring gd lol. So, left with HC150 (which I personally worry about a lot!) and HC312 (KD already said that our final grades' about set~ so the paper ain't gonna affect it much)... er I hope I ain't being greedy wanting at least a "B+" for my mods, though my sixth sense tells me there could be "B"(s) or worse grades in my result slip this sem~ arghh no!

Decided to take a breather tonight b4 I "dived into the world of HC150" from tml onwards. Finished watching "我知女人心", starring Andy Lau and Gong Li.
Funny seeing hw Andy Lau dressed himself up as a woman~ really "seductive" LOL! He looks really gd for a guy whose already 50yrs old la! I enjoyed the song "Slip Away" he sang inside too. As for Gong Li, I seriously think she's gt one of the nicest figure, smoothest and fairest skin among all female artistes I've seen so far! 

A scene at a jazz pub overheard孙子刚对李仪龙说:“爵士,就像一个老人在诉说自己的一生,在跟人家坦白他一辈子所犯下的错误”. It's nt been many yrs since I gt myself into this genre of music, but I do feel tat jazz sounds like a very "oldish" kind of voice tat somehw tells audience tat jazzists(?) hav many stories to share with us.
*Coincidentally, I'm listening to Adele's live rendition of "Someone Like You" when I'm writing this post... simply raw and emotional.*

像电影里刘德华这样拥有聆听的特异功能的人大概不存在,我更感激戏里他爸爸对观众的提醒:这一辈子,一定要认真听话,尤其是身边挚爱("particular others"),所说的话。This may seem easy, but it's hard.

Overall, even though "我知女人心" is a remake, this movie is still worth watching.

Rating: 3.75/5

Comments