포화 속으로 + Happy Mother's Day 2011 (early one)!

One of C.N. Blue's performance this wkend caught my attention~ haha I really loved the library setting... full of books! The guys looked mighty fine in there... and their music stands out pretty much in the Korean pop industry, so I hope they continue with it!

Lol and this might sound funny but I do wish my future home would be "filled with books"~ ok nt buried with it but it would be nice to hav shelves of books in a rm. I loved books all along and somehw书本能给我踏实感, and I guess I find peace while reading too. As compared to a cupboard of clothes (which nv fails to give me the headache when I think about hw to cross-dress and stuff), I'd rather I've a shelf of books!

Oh and I decided to watch this war film, "포화 속으로" (71 Into the Fire) because of TOP haha.
It's a historical war film bet. South and North Korea, and the director wanted to put the emphasis on this 71 student soldiers tat sacrificed in the war for South Korea. Saw somewhr online tat the story was based on a letter found on one of the soldiers. TOP portrayed this particular role, as the grp's leader. His character was a rather quiet, and emotional one. TOP nailed it haha!
Kwon Sang Woo was this little gangsta, but went to prove tat he was worth being one~ the courage he had was exceptional I tot.

I mean as expected, the characters are bound to die with oni 71 against a huge North Korean troop. But seeing hw these 71 went from being playful to taking a strong stand against the enemy when facing death... indeed it's worth paying a tribute to these anonymous.

One scene left a deeper impression on me... it was when the 71 students realised they were gonna face the North Korean troop in 2hrs' time and while TOP and Kwon Sang Woo were beating each other up, there was 2 other student soldiers on the other side of the cam, one who could nt take the pain of dying and pleading for the other to kill him. They were both guard soldiers btw. And so, the elder bro killed the dying younger bro, and with a heavy heart, stormed back to his guard position and held out his rifle, looking out for enemies like usual.
There's a sort of intense contrast, impact here which I liked.

Just like wat TOP's character said: "Why can't there be no wars?"
青春和生命洋洋洒洒的,流过了,留不住。

Rating: 3.75/5

*rRandom: Oscar Wilde: "He lives the poetry that he cannot write. The others write the poetry that they dare not realise."*

Oh yeah and a small clap for myself for finishing up my notes writing for HC301 today haha! Took grandma and my family out for an early Mother's Day dinner since I can pretty much predict tat I will be mugging for exam nex wkend. We went Blk 490+ there... cos mum loves the煮炒there.
Ah ok ok the photo above looks incomplete and I forgot to take a pic of the nex 2 dishes (芙蓉蛋and炒菠菜) cos we were all too hungry and everyone started eating the min the 1st 3 dishes (潮州鱼头泸、铁板豆腐and柠檬鸡) were up haha.
My no.1 pick would be the lemonade chicken pieces! GOSH~ both bro and I loved it a lot... grandma too. I enjoyed the sizzling hot plate beadcurd too. The fish soup was a bit too salty but the meat was great. The菠菜had no mushrms with it (though supposedly it's written on the menu) and it was nt as gd as another stall's one. Oh and finally the芙蓉蛋? Mum wanted tat. I dun realli like eggs fried with onions in and all over it lol.
Costed me and bro about 70bucks but hey, it was a fulfilling dinner for all of us!

Comments

Michelle Lim said…
hey...do you still hv the minus one version of 同恩 - 本来 ?=) if have , can send me at Michelle-winnie-the-pooh@hotmail.com
cause i need it urgently =) thanks
Snowman said…
sorry but u are?