Fri - Sun: Squash + 黄浦江再游览 + 王宝和crab feast + Thai家乡菜 + 跟随茶饮

Fri met WT and the 2 of us went to the体育馆at虹口足球场for our game of squash! I booked the 3 to 4 pm slot, and upon reaching there, we rented 2 rackets and the ball... costed us a total of RMB55.
It's our 1st time playing squash and the racket wasn't as heavy as compared to a tennis racket, but the ball wasn't as "bouncy" as I tot it'd be haha. We watched some squash vids b4 playing... the rules were rather easy, but I din study the scoring system since both of us were oni beginners.
WT really looked like she hasn't been exercising for yrs la... her right arm gt tired like 5mins into the game lol. I was practically teaching her how to serve cos WT doesn't really know hw to haha. *I dunno if I taught her the right way though lol~*
We took turns to take pics of each other and the court in bet. single plays. *It's more tiring to play alone eh.* The ball literally flew everywhr haha. We somehw gt the hang of the game after an hr, but play time was already up. Guess I enjoyed it, cos it's continuous non-stop running about... so we could sweat! *I dun sweat easily, so I guess squash could be a gd choice for me haha.*
Both of us rest on a sofa and watched a woman played herself after our game... dang she looked so轻松lor.

*Bought sushi along the way to MRT... nice!*

After an hr or so, we took the MRT to人民广场, and found Mich, her sis and mum waiting there for us to take the黄埔号together. There's this big thermometer outside one building... showing 15 degrees celcius tat night... cool!
5 of us took the tour bus to外滩and boarded黄埔号together with many other tourists. It's the 2nd time I'm touring外滩, seeing Shanghai's night view...
*I used 1 DSLR cam to help take a photo of one China uncle eh... and he said my skills were nt bad o! Though I felt kinda awkward while shooting haha.*
Nearly an hr of ride till 7+, 8pm... RMB100. It's still cold, but the feeling was a bit diff from 3yrs ago. I think we all gt old...simply sat down at the chairs available and "rot" there most of the time instead of gg round, and "cam-whoring" haha. The scenery? Didn't seem like it's changed a bit at all.

We split into 2 grps and cabbed down to王宝和酒家which was at福州路603号. Michelle saw this restaurant in her Shanghai guide book and wanted to bring her mum and sis here for the famous "crab feast".
Mich's mum好客lor... she spent RMB800 for this meal ok!? At 1st she even wanted to order those 8 dishes type lor... super ex lol. In the end, we 6 dishes, and 5 of them had to do with crabs haha. The cold dish (sour pork meat) was ok, the toufu with crab meat and veggie with crab meat were nice, I liked the fishball (stuffed with crab meat) soup, and loved the prawns with crab roe! Last but nt least was the 2 male crabs on top haha... Mich's mum recommended us to eat the crab roes cos it is in season nw... very sweet but tasted like egg yolk... WT and I weren't really into it haha.
Then, we went to85度C bakery beside, to hav desserts. Mich's mum knew tat WT and I played squash b4 meeting up with them, and she was afraid tat we weren't full enough after the crab feast, so she insisted we shld hav desserts u see... and man she was pulling my arms, wanting me to buy a drink to go with my strawberry with mixed fruit yoghurt (RMB12)... made me and WT so paiseh la haha.
It was very nice of her mum to treat us to a feast haha~ WT and I oso不好意思, so we paid the cab fare together for gg back to hostel. *Aiyoh~ Mich's mum and sis left a bag of food at the bakery when they left, so we u-turned back to take it phew.*

WT and I were mugging for中国现代名著选讲mod's open book exam nex weds on Sat afternoon. To be exact... we were oni researching for more infos online, and nt really reading them yet. In the evening, we went down the lobby for our dinner gathering with WT's Thai roomie, Riin, and her friends~
The dishes so reminded me and WT of家乡菜la... so温馨! Yana told me they'd prepare the dishes as early as 12pm the day lor! Somehw each of the gals were in charge of a dish la... and they can really cook sia! I loved the Tom Yam soup... and basically all the other dishes were to my liking haha! *declaration of my love for Thai food~* Most of their roomies oso joined us for dinner... so it was like 14 ppl surrounding 2 tables. 2 Indonesians prepared agar-agar too. There was 1 Japanese and 1 Korean gal too.
Yana told us 2 superstitions tat Thai ppl believed in which WT and I tot were cute:
1) If a person were to finish the last piece of food in a bowl, his/her other half will be very gd-looking.
2) If you were to cook and sing loudly at the same time, ur future other half will be gd-looking too.

It was so very sweet of them to prepare food and drinks for us. *Made me very much want to learn cooking lol~ and somehw请人家吃,再得到赞美是一件很开心的事情吧?* Oh and 1 thing I observed... our thai friends eat quite a lot eh... though some of them were rather petite hehe.
*Hmm... I really want to hear Jaihan and Gluay sing neh~*

WT and I went to print out the materials for the open-bk exam early afternoon... RMB4.50 nia for 45 pcs of papers. Then, we walked to ICBC bank for me to deposit QW and my money in. On our way back, we saw this fortune-teller who began sprouting lots to WT... so she decided to give it a try. Well, almost every thing sounded gd, but I told WT to stick to RMB20 (the price the guy stated at 1st), but he asked for RMB100 in the end eh! We bluffed she din hav tat much, so he took RMB30.
*我本来也想要算的,但是看他一狮子大开口,我就不要了。而且,WT看起来就比较好骗,so I guess tat's why he seemed reluctant to approach me to do a fortune-telling haha.*

We wanted to have the台湾鲁肉饭for lunch, but the whole shop's closed down for renovation! So, we went to跟随茶饮across the rd.

Both of us had the cabonara spag (RMB12) and it was nt bad. I tried the英式奶抹茶(RMB5) while WT tried the Jap one (RMB5). Hers was so strong with lavender smell tat it reminded me of Karen's perfume she'd wear daily haha! We chatted a bit on fortune-telling stuff and life blah... b4 gg back to hostel to study for exam.

*1st time I saw圆通快递's弟弟的脸in broad daylight... this younger-looking version of“王子”has gt really big eyes and a pale face la~ a bit scary to me though haha.*

Comments