Backdate: Korea Seoul Jun 2019 Day 8

24/6/19 Mon: Woke up at 9am and we had ramyeon for breakfast across the road. I tried their spicy dumpling and rice cakes ramyeon (6000 KRW) and it was good! Potato ate the non-spicy one with ham. Then, I嘴巴痒after seeing Dutch and Bean next to it, so Potato bought me their strawberry and banana smoothie (4500 KRW) which was shiok!
We took the subway to Arts Center Station to play the CGV Incheon Mission Race! I bought the tickets from Klook in advance (S$11.45 for 2 pax). PotaTOHs spent close to 1 hour in the game area completing all sorts of mission by challenging ourselves!
I play cheat twice haha~ and he helped me with some of the challenges. We both scored 99 out of 100 in the end haha! But if ever my lady friends were to come here in future, I'd recommend them to always choose the "easy" options for all games though lol.
While on our way to the Lotte Mart at Seoul Station, we passed by Isaac Toast and Coffee, he wanted to try it and so bought the ham and cheese toast. *The bread was sweet too omg.*
I already planned to grab some Korean tidbits and so there we were with our loots! *Spent 82,840 KRW!*
Put our shopping bags back in our Airbnb, and we walked over to Bukchon in the afternoon. It's a pretty cultural village with lots of cafes and shops, and there were many tourists dressed in Hanbok too. However, it was very hot.
I was tempted to try Egg Drop and Sandwich's Avo-Holic (4600 KRW). There could be more avocado I felt, but the scrambled egg was nice. We took some photos at Buchon Hanok Village but I remember I wasn't feeling very well after lots of walking in Seoul...

We randomly popped into someone's house in the alley as they sold sik-hye (sweet rice water) for 2500 KRW, and it was something that I would have tried if we went to the jimjibang in Jeju. Sweet and just nice for the afternoon!
We walked past Samcheongdong, window-shopped around the area and soon it was time for dinner at the famous土俗村参鸡汤(Tosokchon Samgyetang). Lucky for us, there was no queue at all. *I was getting grumpy as my soles were aching from walking~ aish my bad... I planned the itinerary lol.*
I decided to go for the black chicken ginseng one while he had the normal ginseng chicken soup. The meal was 42K KRW. As usual, it was tasty at first, but I got sick of the chicken after a while haha.
We walked past Geongbukgong but did not go in as it was closed already, and walked around Insadong Ssamzigil Mall instead. 
I was pretty tired by then, and not exactly in a "shopping mood", but I had my supportive Potato to keep me going on! Needed a place to sit down, and I remember having seen this traditional-looking dessert place called 두대문집 in one of the corners in Insadong, and so we decided to pop in for dessert.
Very nice ambience and interior, awesome for chit-chat over some desserts. We had their set of warm Korean red bean cake, dried persimmons and some soft "crackers" (23K KRW). They were surprisingly good. I ordered a glass of drink in which the blend of grape, mint and persimmon was well-balanced too... we both gave thumbs up for that.   

Comments