Regina's belated bday dinner at Kith Cafe + 로맨스가 필요해 2012!

*rRandom tThought: Why am I always hesitating? Opening my mouth to ask can be such a difficult task.*

Finally met with Prof Cheung for FYP discussion ysd, just two days after I slipped a note into his office. Well, there wasn't much he could help since he doesn't know much about李永平, and prof Yow was kind enough to lend me a journal containing some articles on李永平, after I bumped into him at the lift haha. There's still half a year away to submission of FYP paper, but dang everything feels so fast, and here I am panicking because I haven't got my topic settled yet. *I might change my topic, since there are already so many outstanding debates on李永平's works.* Well, gonna visit the NLB to look for more information on what is required atm, and hopefully I can get myself into the mood of churning out a FYP proposal soon enough... by end sep perhaps?
Stressful as life may be, but I'm glad that I am attending yoga dance lessons with Jess every weds. It was kinda worrying when I actually heard my shoulder joints "cracking" while we did some stretching moves! Luckily the trainer told me that it's normal, as long as it didn't hurt nor in pain. *Must be due to the fact that I stay in front of the lappy for long periods of time every night... plus lack of exercise!* Well, I like the fact that there is this "big rest" near the end of every lesson, and for a moment I felt like I was really relaxing and not fussing over matters in life. We all need moments of peace, because things in life seems to take the breath out of us sometimes.

Met up with LL ysd to buy Regina's bday cake before dinner. LL looks really tired nowadays, with her medical condition and check-ups. Guess we met up a bit early, so ended up sitting at Mac for a while, and later proceeding to Rive Gauche Patisserie to buy a raspberry cake. 
Both of us headed to Kith Cafe at Park Mall to wait for Jess and Regina.
LL and I ordered the calamari rings to share, and the squid was tender and Q, with a thin layer of crust on the outside, and it tasted really good together with the specially-made tomato sauce! 
They don't have clams atm, so they changed it to seafood for the Vongole LL, Regina and I ordered. It was a bit too oily for me in terms of the overall taste, but I'd have to give a thumbs up for the seafood! 
Regina was sharing about her first son being addicted to computer games nowadays, and I dunno why but I felt that being a mummy means a strong woman! *It's a lil' late, but I've come to realise this fact just some time ago.* Oh and how could we forget pretty Ahna's belated birthday celebration!
3 of us shared and bought a pouch and mug for her from FrancFranc too. The raspberry cake was yummy, and Ahna told us she loved the strawberry shortcake too! *Omg, the daughter of the boss from发起人肉骨茶is her friend haha!* 
It was a short but meaningful catch-up. Ahna drove us to Clementi before heading home. We planned to go爱琴海together next time.

Finished watching "로맨스가 필요해 2012" a few days ago!
Yes I came to watch this show cos of이진욱 (PS: He looks like a Japanese!), but after watching, I fell in love with the 2nd male lead, 김지석instead! "로맨스가 필요해 2012" is a season 2 to the same series that came out a few years ago, and this drama is known to be similar to "Sex and the City"... the Korean version haha. 
Well, definitely no "R-rated" scenes since it's a drama, but there were some sizzling talks between the leads hoho. It's a drama showing all 3 storylines from 3 besties in the show, with the main lead being정유미. *Oops I only watched her story that revolved around the two handsome dudes hehe~*   
정유미's a music composer, who's staying with이진욱, a scriptwriter. They'd been together on and off since school days, and finally decided on a "no-strings-attached" relationship. 정유미met김지석, a cafe owner, and fell in love with him soon. As an audience, I thought김지석only looks fine at first (he's almost the "handsome split" of Haha lol!), but the character was so gentleman and cute I reckon any girl who'd have such a bf is a lucky woman! Honestly, I liked정유미with김지석since이진욱's dilema in love did turned me off somehow. And when정유미chose to return to her long-term lover, I was saddened! *I almost thought she would go to김지석at one point when she was "imagining", and I was a little frustrated with the story for being that "draggy" at that time.* 
The scene where정유미cried hard over김지석was heart-wrenching~ I could vividly remember the subtitles then: "I don't know how to let him go so I just cried." Well, I guess I could feel the dilema in her somehow then, and crying was the only temporary way out.
就哭吧。哭能让人短暂地麻木。时间,会让一切成为过往云烟。
*Coincidentally, 이진욱and김지석are best buddies in real life! I watched them on "Strong Heart" and it was hilarious how "close" they literally were!*

Rating: 3.75/5

Oh and before I end this post, here's a rendition of "The Boy Next Door" by Stacey Kent, my all-time favourite contemporary singer! 

Judy Garland's version was good too, but Stacey Kent's sweet and angelic voice is to die for haha!

Comments