Cycling at ECP + Lee Hom "Music-Man II" World Tour 2012

Caught Xiah's newest MV, "Uncommitted" on youtube.

His English pronounciation may not be fantastic, but it definitely improved from before. The chorus part reminds me of Bruno Mars' style somewhat, yet I still enjoyed the whole song cos it flows that well! Xiah has the ability to sing a song and leaves others with the impression that the song is made for him... bravo.

Had tuition with Tammy on fri. She was telling me about how "badly" she thought she had fared for her PSLE a few yrs back, and how her mother was giving her the stress when it came to choosing a secondary school. It somehow led me to thinking of my own PSLE times haha. I don't remember mummy setting any standard for me (i.e. how much I should score for PSLE to be considered good etc.), and I can't recall me setting a standard for myself either... well maybe I did aimed for an A* in Chinese, since it was the subject I excelled in school most of the time.
I remember gathering in Shuqun's concourse, queuing up and getting all ready to head to class to get our PSLE result slips from our form teacher. *And if I didn't remember wrongly, Mdm Fok did came up to me and sort of "congratulated" me already back then hehe.* Well, I didn't think much though. The form teacher did announce the result of the top 3 performers in class, and I could still vividly remember YZ and LM being third and second respectively. My heart should be thumping real hard then, and I beared little hope of myself being in first place since I have never gotten first in class in my two years in Shuqun. It's a huge surprise when I knew that I'm first in class, with an aggregate score of 234 haha! *Beautiful and easy-to-remember, right?* I was in awe, my mind went blank, and was so happy to receive my slip from the teacher. Pretty much as I hoped for, I got A* for Chinese, A for English and Mathematics, oh and a B for my worst subject in primary school life, Science lol! And even after mum knew my result, she simply smiled but I reckon she didn't quite know the standard as to what kind of score was considered a "good" though haha. 
Back then, we had to list our six options of secondary schools before the result was released. Mummy wasn't the type to send her children to famous schools, and she thought somewhere nearby would be nice. I had no intention to go to Yuhua Secondary though it was only across the road. Mum was being random one day, when I asked for her opinion, she just said: "Oh I was on the bus that day and passed by Hua Yi Secondary. The whole school looks clean and air-conditioned from the outside... can choose that la!" I knew that Hua Yi was a new school in my neighbourhood then, so I thought the校风shouldn't be too bad, and wrote it as my first choice. And yup I got enrolled into Hua Yi with my results, and got into the class people call "creme of the crop" (E1-01). Well, the rest is history (shall write someday when something triggers me to go into sharing), and I'm glad I've a good gang of friends that I still go out with often right up till now!

Yeah and I met up with James, Jess, YB, Ben, YS and PH on sat morning for a cycling trip at ECP!
All of us, except YS, had lunch at Paya Lebar before heading down to ECP. It was the first time I tried riding a double bike with Ben, since he had no experience prior to this too. *We were a lil' worried that we would not be able to ride the double bike, but lucky it turned out alright!* Ben's a little unstable almost everytime we tried to start off, and a little bit "adventurous" while on the road (almost scaring me a lil' everytime he swayed left and right~), but overall it's still a pretty smooth ride. YB was with James, while YS, Jess and PH ride on their own!
We cycled 18km, according to PH! It took us almost 2hours to complete the whole journey from ECP, and we ended up near Changi Village. We did pass by the jetty, went through humps and slopes, crossed traffic lights, passed the air base before arriving! Well, it rained a bit in the middle, but stopped not long after. Took a break in the midst of our ride, while waiting for YS, whose on his road bike woo~
Oh well in the last photo, YB, Jess and PH didn't want to jump, so James, Ben and I happily did it woo! *Mum said I don't look like me when the wind blows... and I kinda agree~ weird hor!?* Anyway, YS was sharing with us a lil' bit of his life in Japan, just before he came back to SG haha. 
$15 for a double-bike for 2hrs, and my butt does hurt a little after the long ride, but I came to realise I love cycling a lot! *I must learn how to cycle properly one day and go cycle on my own!* Sadly, the food market at Changi Village was closed for renovation, so we had early dinner at the coffeeshop nearby instead. PH and I shared Fish n Chips from Botak Jones... so-so. 

After that, YS left to continue his cycling journey back to ECP, while the rest of us took bus to Tampines. Changed my top since it was dirtied from the ride, and all of us ate the brownie Sophie made for James, supposedly LOL.
It's sweet and yummy, I'm not kidding. *In fact, I'm thinking of ordering from her for my friend's birthday next time neh!*
YB and I headed to Indoor Stadium for Lee Hom's "Music-Man II" concert at night! Met Cynthia who was working there as an usher, and god I couldn't remember her off-hand, though I found her familiar lol! I couldn't find the PR on the spot, so I went around asking, but no one seemed to know. Lucky for me, TJ was sitting just beside YB, and she's got the song list! TJ told me the PR email-ed them only that morning aiyoh. Coincidentally, she bought SH along, who's my junior in school haha.
I remember really liking Lee Hom when he came out with the genre "Chinked-out", and I even bought the album! Never been to his concert ever before, so I must say this concert left me with a deep impression! I would not write much here since my article on zaobao will be out nex wednesday. All I can say is I love the effort Lee Hom'd put into planning and performing in SG, more than what I expected. 
He showed off 100% musicality, be it in playing the instruments or his vocals. I loved how he played and sung《落叶归根》with the violin, though the violin was rather squeaky at times. Oh and most of his famous ballads were sung, though Lee Hom looks too happy to be filling the songs with sadness.
YB and I enjoyed the "animations" on-screen, and his "acapella band" too~ I believe有才华,就要尽情地flaunt。这才是艺人的生存之道。
Though Lee Hom's known as a perfectionist, there are still little flaws here and there at his concert. When audience see how "helpless" Lee Hom looked when he couldn't "electrify" the little girl beside him, it was downright cute!
10,000 people filled the stadium, and though the screams weren't overwhelming, I still applause Lee Hom for his hard work put into doing up this concert! Worth to watch his concert, simply for the fact that it is a well-done up music fest!
*YB and I were going gaga over him during the concert~ suave, dashing, handsome, and pure prince-charming!*

Rating: 4/5

Comments