New Year's Eve

新年前夕,发生了我的、你的、她的、他们的。
可是很奇怪,人总是对伤感的事情特有感觉。
外在的绚烂,还不是黑暗衬托出的光亮。

Rating: 3.25/5

*Bad digestion since I started work...*
I think I'm having some gd laughs and yawns too while taking note of viewers' feedback about anything entertainment-related daily via the entertainment hotline during work. I did get weird calls when the auntie simply kept on repeating her phone no. and then hanging up; listened to ppl complain about Star Awards 2012/Desmond Koh/Mark Lee and each call lasted like 6+mins; calling in 24-hr ard the clock... even if it meant 5.08am in the morning lol. I tot it's rather amazing hw much they pay attention to the local shows/papers... in a sense they support local production mah hor? Haha. Well, sometimes I enjoy listening to this after a whole morning/afternoon of writing articles and researching... what they said made some sense, and it relieves my stress too, somehw. 
I'm trying hard nw to recall wat I did on weds, but I dun think I went out for any assignment tat day. Oh I did translation and summary of an article taken from Reuters (?) on hair chalking... hey it's a cool way to temp colour our hair man! Then, I rmb being stuck on research with the BCA Awards 2012 interview Glenn wants me to do, cos he was rushing me to set an interview for the 2 winning projects. I did feel a lil' stressed about hw to go about doing commercial-related articles cos it's my 1st time haha. And thr were really some backgrd info to read up b4 I could set qns for my interviewees. Guess the lucky thing was the PR David was easy to talk to, and since he's clear on this interview with ZB editorial, he gt back to me really fast and we settled for e-mail interview since the 2 interviewees were overseas. *He's straightforward in a way... though I tot funny haha.* Well, Glenn actualli apologised to me due to the“阴影”he once had... aiyoh he didn't hav to... I guess I can understand the amt of stress as an editor, and with tight deadlines to meet. 
YQ and I had lunch at the coffeeshop opp to SPH, and the vegetarian hokkien mee I had was yummy! After lunch, YM passed me a short press release to translate the news of Uniqlo Iluma's opening on 8th Jun... wow 2-storey o. Researched half-heartedly on some artistes for an event on thurs morning haha.

“我们等你”'s开镜拜神仪式was held at坤德观音堂at 8.15am thurs~ being the intern who could get full claim, SW "lom-banged" the cab together... traffic rather jammed in the morning sia. *SW was in NTU Comm Studies even b4 hall 12 was built... juz hw old is he!?*  SW saw Constance almost right after we reach, so I went up to her and chat... haha it was a really short one imo. Other artistes like Elvin, Felicia, Calvin, Kimberly, JY, Romeo and Edwin reached too. SW "took care" of Elvin, Felicia, Calvin, and even the producer ML. JY can really talk though, and he seemed really happy when we talked about his sons haha. *He said he'd nv see me b4 haha~* Romeo reminded me a lil' of Hady Mirza leh... why huh? Lol. I think I din really ask much in all, and was practically waiting for SW while I re-wrote some of my messy pts. *He talked to Elvin for really long neh~* Saw tat Edwin and Kimberly were talking and laughing loudly lol... teenagers mah haha. We were talking to ML, and she seems a nice person haha. B4 the artistes left, SW simply grabbed Edwin and randomly asked stuffs... and I was like "Oh this is hw an entertainment reporter shld be like..." lol. 
SW, SY, XY and another TNP reporter went to a nearby coffee shop and had drinks b4 gg back to office haha. *SY was joking, saying I shld be the one treating since I'm the newbie... bully newbie leh!* Cabbed back to office... whoa spent me $30... yes claimable haha. Wrote and sent my part of the article to SW, and he did reminded me wat nt to do: censor away mention of names, as well as always writing full names... will rmb!
Saw my articles out~ haha actualli JF did let me see the little changes they did to my article on Jesseca... nt much big prob though. I dunno but since it's nt the 1st time I saw my article on the papers, so wasn't tat excited actualli haha... nt as compared to 5yrs ago when my 1st rather small article on Evan Yo came out lol. Oh and I rmb talking to MH... oh man ppl thr倒着活的leh! Why does he and ppl like JJ and YY looks younger than last time!? He rmbs Jacklin haha~
Still stuck with BCA 2012 interview qns, when suddenly WT from爆米花approached me. I'm a lil embarrassed since I really am not up to date with recent popular culture I reckon... we were on korean-inspired clothes and suddenly she told me my sup WY wants me to write the cover page for爆米花, due end of may! *It's oni my 4th day thr neh!* Went to WY's cubicle, and yeah I was a lil' confused even after discussion. 
*Weird... why would someone 1st diss ur idea, and then still speak about it later? 我希望是我多心了。*   
Left after 7pm, cos simply couldn't focus on thinking qns for Glenn's assignment and tot I'd better take home and do haha. *Really, I managed to come up with the list at hm pretty fast!* 

Reached office this morning and took a copy of today's zaobao!
Haha... shld I be心虚since I oni wrote tat last small part on JY and Romeo, and yet could“齐名”with SW? Lol. Anyway I like seeing hw others write... cos I could learn to write more, and nt juz点到为止. 
After clearing discussion with Glenn on my questions, I emailed David. *Need it back by mon cos I think the hard part is translating and writing the article~ 1.6K words leh!* Was basically having a headache researching on my feature, until when PQ came over to ask me hw was everything gg, and I told her about it. She helped me asked WY and came back to me saying tat all I had to focus was on the潮店's young ppl frequent~ sorta felt a lil' easier since I dun hav to restrict my targets to korean-inspired clothes shop! 
ZJ came over in the afternoon and handed me another article on the death of legendary hairstylist Vidal Sassoon. I had to translate and write this from another aspect... to be published nex fri under fashion column. 
Left at 6+pm with YQ, and had quick dinner at Mr.Bean b4 I headed to Tammy's place for tuition. Tat gal juz came back from India nt long ago, and gt me a keychain with mini Taj Mahal in it.
Deadbeat at tuition, honestly. Finally, it's wkend! 5days into work and I'm already so tired... haiz.

Comments