Into zbNow + Mother's Day 2012

*rRandom tThought: I wonder if I hav time to come up with the lyrics for NTU Express Music 18 competition hmm...*

Reached SPH's HR dept b4 10am on mon, and ML briefed YQ and I on the contract for internship. I saw YZ bringing Dylis and other NTU mates ard the company, b4 she came up to bring me and YQ ard. *She was saying she would hav arranged for me to come in the afternoon instead cos staffs at zbNow rarely comes early!* Guess wat? The 1st person I'd see at副刊is Glenn! Din expect to see him, but I could already recognise the "shape of the top of his hair" from afar lol. He gave a really surprised expression and tot I was thr to work as a full-time staff liao haha, and since he's one of the editors in charge of商业特辑at ZB nw, he gave me one of the issues they did. YQ went over to早报网, while I was introduced to my asst sup, PQ. PQ told me to report to her instead of MN (my direct sup), and briefed me regarding the staff strength at zbNow. *The 1st qn she asked was why was my surname "Zhang" when I'm a local lol.* My task to be done everyday was to ans the娱乐热线, and PQ asked YY to teach me hw to do it at 1st, but she was too busy to do so... still writing her cover article when I went off at 7pm! *Working hrs' rather flexible, but usually 10.30am to 7pm for me, and lunch hr's simply irregular for a journalist haha.*
WF's the admin at zbNow, and she's quite a nice person, to tell me about the transport claims, using the文韬and NICA, Newslink etc system stuff. While at lunch with YQ, she was complaining hw she'd nv tot her work at ZBonline would be to stay in office whole day... and envious of my work lol. I received my 1st job assignment from JF, the editor in-charge of entertainment news, while browsing thru past zbNow papers. I was told to cover the event for another colleague, and it's the launch for 1-Day Acuvue Define's contact lenses in SG tat comes in 3shades.

Headed to Luke Art Museum from hm in the morning, and I reached super early lo~ oni to noe tat media reg oni starts at 10.30am. Gene's nice enough to run thru the programme outline with me cos nt even the茶点s were served yet haha. *I was lucky enough to be able to get a slot for 1-to-1 interview b4 the whole session ends... if nt I dun think I would get to interview Jesseca at all!* Tried all 3 kinds of fruit juices served thr: banana, mixed yam yoghurt(?) and another with carrot plus celery... I prefer the banana one haha. Mingled a lil' with Tabitha, and another PR from Acuvue... she's very outspoken, but I tot I was a lil' bad with communication since I din noe much to say haha. Met Pamela from Shape when we took our seats. *She too was oni in her 2nd wk at work!* Andy Lee, the famous local make-up artist was thr too... talking about some pre-fall trend in make-ups this yr. Oh and the min Jesseca appeared... kinda blew me away cos her tiny head still reminds me of 5yrs ago when I 1st met her on set of“手足II”... pretty lady. 
Nearing the end of the media launch, thr were 3 beautiful models posing in front of some art work, each wearing one type of the contacts. *Poor them... had to pose even when all of us could hav buffet lunch already lol.* Din eat much thr, until I heard tat XK from Wanbao already finished her phone interview with Jesseca juz when I went down a flr to begin my interview. Omg it's been 5yrs since I last interviewed, and this time it's on my own somemore! *I dunno why but I gt the impression Mervin's somehw always ard last time when I interviewed at such events haha!* Though I already gt the qns ready and imprinted in mind even, it's still a lil' bothering to hav so many pairs of eyes (artiste, her manager, 2 PRs, 2 brand representatives and a photog taking photo of us!) while the interview went on. *I muz learn to fight off不必要的注意力!* It took me near to 10mins, until the manager propped if I had any qn pertaining to the pdt launched. Honestly, I reckon they could tell I wasn't prepared to ask related qn, so I sorta asked 1 pretty redundant qn imo lol. Finished off with a last qn cos they were in a rush for other interviews, which were already delayed as usual. *A firm handshake, but I felt tat her hands were quite big and skinny haha.*
When I sat down at Starbucks nearby to pretty much re-arrange and add in additional notes I had in mind, I realise my handwriting appeared to be "shaky" lol~ and all the ans I jotted down were really short and messy haha. Muz be cos I was pretty nervous inside la~ *I can foresee tat Gene and KY would most prob. be amazed by the time they see my article out in a few days... wondering hw come I could write so much when I took lil' notes.*
The poor fresh flower I gt from the event "died" on my train journey back to office, cos it snapped when YQ was rushing me to go back quick in order to meet for lunch haiz. *Lucky I still hav the black tea from TWG!* Had quick lunch, and I think I lost my butterfly ring later in the toilet when I took it out to wash my hands...hmph!
JJ was pretty nice, and definitely prettier than when I saw her yrs ago haha. She taught me hw to take note for the calls to the entertainment hotline, but think she rmb-ed some steps wrongly, and lucky I had SW's self-written guideline to follow instead. Anyway, I oni submitted this after JF rushed me for it... so paiseh to let her wait u see.
Spent quite a long time at writing juz one article cos it's been long since I did so... I reckon about 3hrs juz for a 700-word news? *No way to write an article... gt to speed up asap haha.* WF passed me Magnum ice-cream (fruit and nuts flavour) so I finished it almost the min I begun writing haha!
JF sent an email to inform the whole zbNow dept tat of my "arrival"... and seriously it looked like a "self-ad" when I read sth like tat in the email: "……5个月工作经验,可独立工作。" LOL. Oh and I think the“威力”of this email is a lot sia... ZJ, SW and Glenn came one after another with new assignments for me! *I am willing to try of cos~ since they hav already informed PQ and JF anyway haha.* PQ was too busy to check thru my article I think during the "peak hr" (5pm onwards), so JF simply told me to submit my article via the system to the editors... and she too, hasn't told me whr I was right or wrong in the report... most prob. tmr.
I think I will exp the hectic life of a journalist soon haha, and hav again the habit of pasting a note on my table at the end of the day to remind me stuffs I've to finish doing the nex day. Atm for weds, I'd hav to finish off translating and summarising a fashion article on "hair chalking", research on some mediacorp artistes to prepare for a press con on thurs, find Glenn, take down calls from the entertainment hotline... gd luck to me!
*Gt to get use to some of the terms they use thr, like hw“下版”means hav to be handed in tat day, and published the nex day.* 

Reached hm at 8+pm, and bro's already ordered SaKae sushi ($67) delivered hm for Mother's Day dinner! It's the 1st time we're having this, instead of gg out for煮炒like past yrs.
Hmm I din think it was as great than eating at the place... nt as fresh I reckon... esp the hard crabstick! Very ex too. *Greedy dad was eating as much as he can... dun even wanna wait till after he showered lol.*
尽管妈妈有些不舒服,但仍然耐心聆听孩子的“牢骚”:我的工作,还有弟弟当兵的辛苦。
所以我说,真的觉得家人就像是自己的救生圈;而“家”是一个就算我不会游泳,跳进去了也只会轻松漂浮着,而永远不会溺死的泳池haha! *光是想像这个画面就觉得自在~疲劳都没了!*

My eyelids are drooping down nw tat it's nearing 1am. Anyway, I'm starting to agree with Jess... life is mentally strenuous at work, so I'm gonna re-live enjoyment while watching the ever-funny "Running Man" epi93 b4 I wake up to work tmr!

*rRandom tThought: about gg into business... I shall keep an open mind, shldn't I?*

Comments