Internship updates: 14/5 - 19/5

Been busy with translation and writing snippets, as well as researching and contacting interviewees for my fashion trend article. *Realise thr's a lot to do, hopefully I can come up with the draft by fri.* Well, on a happy note, I am glad that the BCA 2012 articles I did for Glenn "passed" his requirements! 
On weds, I rmb having a meeting with爆米花组... PQ, WT, SW, YM and QL. Was kind of nervous cos I expected PQ and WT to ask me for ideas for爆米花lor, and when I dun really hav much idea of wat's happening ard me, I was a lil' worried. YM, SW and QL were updating WT and PQ one after another about their assignments. Maybe I'd been reading on rm decors recently, and I recalled about WZ's theme bedrm, and so when they asked me for ideas, that came to mind. PQ and most of the others were rather encouraging haha... and SW was saying it'd been some time since they had topics tat had视觉效果lol. Can't recall wat QL asked me, but after his qns, I started talking about hw couples ard me's getting BTO flats. Trust me~ the rest were rather "worked up" when they heard it! SW was like: "Hw can ppl below 18yrs old get flats?" *LOL~ I look like I'm 18 nia!?* I explained quite a bit la, and thr were seriously "commotions" and a mini debate on hw young ppl whom choose to get BTO flat ensure the stability of their relationship blah. *YM even wanted to add in a topic related to新移民, and PQ was like "that's too much for her to do la!" Haha.* SW's the funny one... he was so "pek cek" at the fact tat young ppl settle down so fast lol... and the rest were joking tat he's too old le... a 35+yrs old man living by himself haha. So yeah the meeting ended up leaving me with 2 new articles to do... one being the cover story for爆米花, and the other being爆点.
Met Jess for dinner at night at Holland V's Yoshimaru Ramen Bar. It was a bit salty but I rmb the noodles were quite Q. *I think I'm nt someone who can appreciate trad Jap ra-men, seriously.* Haha 2nd time I met up with Jess for dinner I think... after last sun's pasta at JCube... ok we were really into "Kim Jong Kook" and Running Man talk lol. 
"PUMA" article out on thurs haha. CF came over to find me on thurs morning, and it was for Sunsilk's Academy Fantasia audition assignment on sat. JJ was overseas, and MH doesn't work on wkends, so naturally as the "intern小妹" I had to go for it. Meanwhile, I was trying to fix an interview timing with Modparade's founder, as well as ZX for he's my reader model. *Work kind of puts me in a frantic mode at times... oh my I muz get used to this soon.* Met KW for dinner at RaMen Play at Junction 8 at night.  We were discussing about joining in his business, and hmm... capital and expertise weren't the prob for me, I guess it's really about time I could afford, as well as quoting wat KW mentioned... "sincerity in doing business?" Honestly, it doesn't sound tat diff, and I get to learn more about business stuff, so why nt? Yes I know after all these yrs of education, friends juz dun link me with "business" but I think one has to learn to gauge, and it's a way of opening up to learning more. *It's a combi of孟子saying在有限的生命中尽力追求无穷的知识 + 庄子saying但要了解凡事都有自身的条件限制... so I shall push myself, till the edge but nt fall off the cliff.*
It was supposedly my 1st assignment together with a photog on fri, but she had to go on MC the last min! I oni knew tat when WF informed me at 2+pm in the afternoon. Kinda sian cos I had to tell ZX last min nt to come, and inform Fernnice as well. Headed down to Modparade at Haji Lane myself... and oni to know Fernnice and I were of the same age! *Whoa she's already having her own brand and label.* It took about half an hr in all, and so I had to re-arrange for the photoshoot to take place on mon instead, when Fernnice is already overseas shopping for her upcoming collections. Anyway, my hair chalking and Vidal Sassoon's articles were published on fri woo~
Went back to office ysd, and besides the fact tat all U-Weekly staffs were nt ard, I reckon ZB editorial colleagues were working like usual haha. I had to rush to send my interview qns to 2 other fashion shops, and prepare qns for interview at Sunsilk's Academy Fantasia audition in the afternoon. 
One has to eat in order to get energy haha! Reached Square2 and saw tat the audition was already happening, and I saw伍洛毅onstage hosting! OMG and the PR told me he was nt gg to be ard, so after discussion with CF, I din do research on him at all lol. I'd wanted to "skip" him initially, but良心过意不去since CF wanted me to interview him in the 1st place if he was thr. *So paiseh when one of the staffs ushered and led me into the sitting area, while rest of the public were standing.* Met Karen, the executive producer of the show, but din talk much since I din noe wat to ask her haha. Angeline came slightly later, but a big thks to her cos she helped me a lot by grabbing the respective interviewees I needed. *Saw some contestants whom looked familiar... 1 of them was the guy in NTU nw, who used to act in《豆腐街》.* 
I tot the journalists I saw from晚报and omy looked ard my age too... all so young haha. *This SG-based Taiwanese reporter was being polite imo when she 1st met me and said: "久仰大名~" to me lol.* Oh and I think it's funny hw my interview with伍洛毅was done oni after 4,5 times... cos he's the host and somehw someway thru, one guy had to stop our conversation and he had to go back in front of the cam to interview the candidates tat gt thru haha. *The min he saw me, he was joking I looked like I was thr as a contestant, and asked if I wanted to join the queue of contestants lol!* Hmm I din noe much to ask him but I guess being a host, he is a gd talker... could说得天花乱坠on his own. I think my interview with him was already done after the 2nd time I think, juz tat b4 I had time to thk him he was being "grabbed away" by the cam man. So he muz hav tot I still gt things to ask him, so kept coming back to chat haha. My impression is tat he's rather polite and quite a gd talker, but maybe if MH was thr, he could definitely dig out more stuffs from伍洛毅though. *On a side note, he's rather tall... my neck literally "soured" cos I tried to look at him when talking...*
Rushed back to office since CF wanted the article by 5pm! I was a lil' worried I couldn't get at least 600words by the deadline neh... and ended up having 800words by 5.30pm lol. *It's nt easy having to check and make sure the facts, grammars and sentences were all right while I planned hw to write my articles at the same time~* 
*Skin's getting bad from the stress at work I think... e.i.y.r.*  

Xiah's "Tarantallegra" MV is out! OMG the forever-changing style in his mv is cool, but dang is he gg towards the Gaga way? Oh pls no! Enjoy his song as usual though.

Comments