3rd wk at zBnoW + 饮食男女2012 + exam results yr3 sem2 update

21/5/12:
*1 awful popiah for lunch and I’m full the whole day. On a side note, the bubble milk tea opp SPH selling at $1 is nice!*
Kept reminding myself to go to office earlier but still stepped in at 10.30am only haha. Prepared qns for an email interview with
주상욱 and had to send in to the PR by noon. Finished picking up the daily hotline phonecalls b4 I took-away lunch alone, since YQ was having lunch with her dept colleagues. *Lunch-ing alone is boring. Shall join in nex time.*
*总觉得待人处事,应该flexible一点。*

Juz when I tot I’m gonna hav time to translate my interviews for my feature, an unexpected assignment in the afternoon by CQ came in. I had to combine infos here and thr for a summary article on Bee Gees’s Robin Gibb’s death juz ysd. CQ sounded kinda “ganjeong” when she talked to me and pasted the news sources on her com. I think doing up a gd summary fast is even more diff than reporting cos thr’s too much info lying ard! *1K words in few hrs, and when I 1st did 800+, CQ said it was too short, so I had to squeeze in another 200words! Hopefully all facts were right!* Oh and she told me tat if it was an Asian artiste tat passed away, entertainment reporters would hav to start racking for ideas and angles to come up with a news following tat… omg sounds tough. *Imagines the period when风飞飞passed away…*  And seeing hw CQ works somehw tells me tat being an editor is way tougher than journalist… like they hav to noe almost everything happening, and muz be able to summarise articles straightaway! I dunno much about Bee Gees nor their recent updates, so I was literally absorbing info as I wrote the article. And since I’ve to meet ZX and BJ at Modparade at 6pm for the photoshoot, I was rushing thru my work too. *Still gt a lot to learn about using resources at SPH, which would be helpful if I wanna summarise articles I think.*

Well more short assignments came from WT and LZ too... which I dun wish to mention nw. Anyway, rushed to Modparade, and it’s the 1st time I met BJ. ZX came late too, so I told BJ to take shots of the shop b4 taking his pics. Fernnice and Michelle discussed via phone and we finally decided on the 2 outfits for ZX to wear. *I think… expect the least expected at work always. Much as I dun like it, I need to get use to these.* Finished shooting near 7pm, and while ZX headed to Chinatown to meet his friends for dinner, I went home and coincidentally met Esther on the train. She works at a marketing dept for a toy company at Bugis nw, and we had a little catch-up.
*Journalism sounds all fun on the surface, or maybe hw I put it, but seriously the work behind juz one article can be crazy.*

22/5/12:
*Interview wrestlers? Oh no…*
I think about all my interview replies for the fashion feature were in by tues, and so for these few days it’s gonna be lots of translation and organization to do. CQ initially said she wanted me to continue with Bee Gee’s update but somehw din come to find me in the afternoon though. *Maybe she thinks I’m nt fast enough as a gd writer haha.*
Finished doing like 6snippets in one day… some 200 words, and maximum one was up to 600+words. Seriously, I nv know hw long the editors want their snippets to be, cos some wants them real short (less than 200 words ain’t easy to write too!) while others want me to add in details when I tot the press release had way limited info~ Watever, I managed to finish them all.
Oh and juz when I stepped back into office right after lunch, MH wanted me to do a phoner interview with the china actor
陈建斌on weds, 2.30pm… juz when I panicked (though he helped me拟了some qns and told me the article wasn’t in a hurry to be published) cos I gt an interview with KissJane’s founder on weds 5pm, the PR replied email saying the actor’s gt to film drama and so cancelled the phoner. MH’s doing孙俪’s interview himself, and he was even asking me if we shld interview陈建斌or刘雪华instead? *I think Singaporeans know the latter better la… even me ok!* 
*MH wrote my
“慧”wrongly as“惠”in the email lol.*
Was about to go off when I bumped into SW in the office… and he was like “haven’t seen u for very long since“我们等你”开镜会?” Yeah lor reporters are busy ppl… we dun even see each other though we’re in the same office lol… juz a row away from each other nia somemore!
*Little worried about Anthony Neely’s interview nex mon… 1.5K words at least, and the PR sounded… erm.*

23/5/12:
Reached office half an hr later than usual cos I overslept lol. Was preparing my qns for KissJane’s interview in the evening, and saw the replies from Yeon Jung Hoon already in, well the answers look rather interesting to me, since I had the impression tat Korean artistes were mostly boring and “standard” when it comes to media stuff cos tat’s usually wat I read in news. *800 words shldn’t be a prob for this!* 
Finished a short snippet for MH on a concert by Mediacorp… 果然有some censorship lol. Gt a lil’ surprised when I received sth from PR in the afternoon… CD containing epi1 and 2 of the drama “특수사건전담반 TEN” with eng sub haha. *Hmm shall catch a lil’ of it even though I already emailed the interview qns to the PR lol!*
Met SS at Bugis and we headed to KissJane together to meet the boss, CK and Jason. JH was already thr, waiting to do photoshoot. Lucky thr wasn’t a big crowd, and the manager of both shops was nice enough to get ready quite a few outfits for SS to wear lol. *Thks for the shopping voucher from them.* SS wore 2 outfits, and I tot she looked very classy in the 1st red gown, and yet cute in the 2nd romper. The photoshoot took some time, and rather than juz chit-chatting with the co-founders, I tot we could save time and do the actual interview at the Toastbox nearby. It was done in a mix of Eng and mandarin haha, and yeah they look like busy ppl with so many careers haha. Glad they saved the time for me, and we finished the interview in like half an hr’s time, glad it’s rather smooth. SS was juz about to take photo for the 2nd outfit then! *Jason showed me hw he used phone (technology) to monitor happenings at their outlets… 男生果然是“gadget达人”!*     
SS and I had dinner at Ajisan Ramen, since it’s been yrs since I went to Ajisan. I tried the veggie tom yam ramen set… and hey I realise their tom yam’s nt so spicy anymore… maybe customers did reflected haha. We were talking a lot on my internship, as well as her job as temp salesgirl at ChatChat nw… though it doesn’t sound too gd but glad she’s gg back to her previous company to work soon, and with higher pay somemore! 

24/5/12:
*rRandom tThought: think the stress is taking over me deep down tat I’m having nightmares nw and then… E.I.Y.R.*
I can nv expect a day to go as planned in this line I think… there are gg to be changes 90% of the time. Just when I was rushing my feature article, I oni found out from WT tat the publication date would be pushed back  1 or 2 wks later than planned. *Anyway, I still need time to arrange my pts la.* Oh and juz when I watched a few vids of Anthony Neely ysd, hoping to know more about him b4 I interview him nex mon, nw I no longer need to do his interview as CC’s taking it back to do herself, since she’s gt Lady Gaga’s concert to go on mon night too, then I take over the assignment of Freya Lin’s media roundtable instead. *不看帅哥=不用写1.5K~ I rather since the handsome dude’s nt really my fav lol!*
*Oh yes and another 3 phoner interviews with young ppl who watch Arts Festival omg~*
Though I dun hav to rush my feature anymore, I still hav to go and interview Lady Gaga’s fan who might hav already queued up outside indoor stadium on fri, and to By2’s press con at Sg flyer right after tat. CQ told me to try writing the articles though she know’s it’s rather rush.
*I think being a newbie and thr are operational stuffs tat I dun noe well enough (i.e. hw much space certain article would take, would thr be pics accompanying etc.), letting me know the amt. of words to write shld be of great help to both parties, isn’t it?*
MH was being random today when he asked if I like Lady Gaga? *I tot thr’s some assignment to do leh.* He’s nt, according to him, and well, I’m definitely nt a fan of hers, thks to negative articles I read on her. Still, she’s rather phenomenal atm. *Hmm… I was thinking if I could go to her concert and
观摩… see if it changes my views on her.*
*rRandom tThought: I noe mum’s worried tat I’m being taken advantage of, though sometimes I agree I dun mind doing more if it’s sth I enjoy and the task came from someone I find pleasant to work with/for. Feels apologetic to ppl who worry for me. Yeah, I think thr are times when I shld learn to fend for myself, instead of juz pleasing everyone ard me.*

Caught“饮食男女2012”at night.
用食物的味道寻找到最初:是浪漫,也是不真实。

Rating: 3/5

25/5/12:
*Saw Goklas clad in pink top on the train... he's gotten into SP.*
*Hw can one feel so numb after work?*
Juz b4 I even flipped open the newspaper to read my own BCA 2012’s article, I saw the PR’s email, and I panicked cos it seems thr’s some factual mistake in my article according to him, and he wants a
更正in the papers! So I desperately searched for the article tat I made ref to by some other ZB reporter previously, printed tat out and discussed with Glenn. *在《我报》5个月都没有过这么大的麻烦……*I overheard Glenn talking to the PR later, and I think cos it has sth to do with MAS’s rules, against the law blah, so he said he would hav to discuss with WY. *I felt like fainting when I heard tat… this has to go to the head!?* However, I don’t even hav time to think about hw big the thing would blow up to cos I had to do hotline, and prepare to go out for 2 assignments in the afternoon.
Headed to Sg indoor stadium, with all the qns prepared and research done, and my hp even fully charged the day b4 in case I need to take photos of fans queuing thr… thr was no one in sight!
I circled both lvls of the stadium, and seriously the noise from the Sportshub’s construction nearby was very irritating. Had Korean ramen ($5) for lunch… so-so. *Imagine $25 for lunch wkly… omg broke.* Went down to Sg flyer, and OB’s PR was a bit blur la… she told me CC’s thr already and I tot CC assigned me to come for tat!? It was oni when I reach the guest services lounge tat I saw TJ… the PR mistook her for CC. BJ was already thr, and at 1st we were told tat By2’s press con in the flyer was delayed, and again I panicked la cos CQ said I had to rush article for this neh! *BJ and TJ were more experienced so their words somehw calmed me down… I even wished I could delay the article till the nex day lol!* TJ is the same age as my bro la~ and she’d been thr for about a yr liao… 厉害. We were paiseh to eat, but BJ encouraged us to go eat together haha… 我是一个有人怂恿就会去做的人lol. Had a few bites nia… the prawn on cracker and 2 mini slices of cake… nt bad. *The food looked so nice… nex time shld eat more!*
It’s my 1st time taking the flyer, and as all the reporters passed by the express passageway to the flyer, I heard someone queuing on the other side saying: “Filming ah?” Lol. Dang the cabin is small lor, and one turn takes half an hr. By2 looked really diff in person… heavy make-up, super high platforms, and their
“透视装”… very Korean artiste feel. The cabin’s filled with like less than 20 ppl, plus the sofas and mini bar counter at the side. I had acrophobia, but since I had my attention fixed onto the twins and listening to other reporters’ qns all the while (plus the stereo right behind me blasting out By2 songs was incredibly distracting), I gt no time to look at the scenery at all, nor take note of the heights la lol. *OB’s director MX passed me a glass of Sg sling, it’s like my 2nd or 3rd time drinking tat… still dun like the weird taste lol.*
TJ still hav gt one to one interview with By2, but me and BJ literally had to fly back to office cos we need to rush out the article and photos. *Hey BJ’s in this line for 38yrs liao, and she was the 1st ever female photog in SG papers wor! Hw she managed to stay young sia…* We talked a lot on the cab, and she oso shared hw she hurt her spine, hw she’s a vegetarian, and hw blood grp A ppl tends to get angry more easily haha. It was already 5pm by the time our cab reached SPH lor… lucky I had nth to write for observation of Gaga’s fans, so I concentrated on writing By2 news. Took me an hr to finish 700 words, and I was beside CQ all the while when she edited my article… I noe thr’s definitely rm for improvement, and she did reminded me on some pts I shld really take note, and to follow the format nex time. Oh well, heard her rant about her work too lol. *Editor
的时间紧得可怕。*
Already 6.30pm but I had to clarify some stuff with WY, and I was pretty nervous about gg to talk to her, cos I was thinking she might scold me about the BCA article incident. Surprisingly, she
只字没提. *Maybe she’s too busy she forgot liao lol… but I sincerely hoped the matter’s resolved.* And juz b4 I left the office, I plucked up courage to talk to张曦娜 haha! She looked like she’s being buried by the pile of books surrounding her desk, busy writing article. She looks rather surprised when I told her tat we studied her“任牧之”in NTU cos she tot tat’s quite a sensitive one. *Nw she noes prof Yow liao~*  

On a side note, a short update on my yr3 sem2 results. Why does it hav to让我跌眼镜everytime!? Din check right after results’ released cos I’m afraid it would affect my mood to work lol, but when I read everyone’s getting gd results on FB, it gets me nervous u see. Checked oni on fri midnight, and the window loaded fast as usual.
The 1st grade tat shocked me was HC302’s. *
视线zoomed in cos it’s the worst grade mah lol.* Seriously, I din expect tat… it could hav been better… muz be my report tat pulled me down cos the final paper was nt diff at all. *It happens almost every time to the subjects I enjoy, tends to be the ones I can’t really score haha…看破neh!* “S”-ed my LT9001~ khop khun kha aa?caan! LOL… but JM gt “A-“… and whoa come to think of it, I shldn’t hav S/U-ed this aiyoh! But seriously the results for a lang mod doesn’t mean much cos lang is sth tat needs constant practice in order to keep it gd.
Ace-ed DG9005 and of cos I’m glad, cos I tot I deserve this LOL! Glad the effort put in for the ppts din go down the drain after all. *Singing is my interest, so definitely ain’t gonna stop here!* Ok and then it kinda looks like a dream come true for me for both HC261 and HC460 lol! I’d been praying hard these 2 mods had better “be gd to my result slip” and lucky me~ they did. Well, they din exceed wat I hoped for (though I tot HC261 shld be better than HC460… I seriously tot so), so safe grades I’d say. The big reason why I din wanna check results was due to these 2 mods in the 1st place (nw seeing HC302’s result, it’s nt these 2 anymore lol.), and having a “nightmare” since HC260’s result last sem and so I can’t seem to accept the fact tat I’m taking 2 of prof Yow’s mods this sem lol. I tot I’d fare bad for HC460 cos “free-style writing” is nt my forte, but maybe prof did see some sense in my ans in the exam, and with the average ppt we did, so I gt a decent overall grade? *More of his mods? No thks if thr’s exams haha.*
So erm… even though HC302’s grade “pained me a little”, but other mods were at least to my expectation, so the results won’t  affect my mood at work phew. Nw it’s all down to FYP and the last 3 mods I’m left with! Gt to “strategise” choosing mods cos the results for the nex 2 sems would be crucial to me maintaining my current degree lvl haha.
*
机会再渺茫也要试一试。*

本想找机会问CC星期一可否带我去观摩LadyGaga的演唱会,但读了她写的新闻就知道Gaga的大牌程度了……算了,反正我没喜欢她,只是本想借机会见识一下罢了。Anyway, it’s wkend nw! Gonna catch “뱀파이어 검사”as I find the show rather intriguing since I was introduced to the drama when I had the chance to interview the male lead연정훈.
*恨不得马上能读完所有早报文章!*

Comments