Backdate: Pai trip Dec 2017 Day 8

12/12/17 Tues: We had fried rice and toast for breakfast as prepared by Jikko Harem for their guests. Nothing to rave about.
We reached the View Point first, and saw a big group of angmohs trying to conquer a giant swing there. Potato went over to help them, and they succeeded in swinging~
It was a cloudy day, but quite hot too. No idea if this was Yun Lai view point, but the views were pretty.
The bus took us to Tham Lod Cave next. We were supposed to go in groups of 3, with one guy in a group. Potato and I contemplated and split up. He went in with a Norway couple, while I partnered Imbak and Daniel, who were students from Israel. *They had the 360 camera and we took lots of photos in there! Too bad Imbak either  lost my contact or did not bother to contact me anymore after their trip~ haiz.*
Our guides have to have their lamps lit up before she led us in. She doesn't speak a word of English, but it was not hard following queues of tourists inside the cave either.
There were some wetter regions, and some areas with lots of steps to take while we admired the limestone dams. Imbak, Daniel and I helped each other to take photos along the way too.
There was one sign which pointed out a pre-historic painting of a deer, arrow and the sun in the cave. I can't seem to tell looking at it now, but I remembered how we were fascinated by it then. There were also stalactites that resemble nipple, crocodile and Anaconda etc...
We then reached a point where we have to hop onto the bamboo raft! Kind of excited over it, and we saw lots of fishes in the waters too. And of cos, there were many bats on the ceilings. *I think there was some filming going on in the cave too.*
When we were back on land, we had to climb up to reach the "coffin cave". That was where fragments of these thousand-year-old coffins were found.
Walked back to the entrance of the cave and we headed back to the sheltered areas for our lunch, which was included in the package. That was when we chatted a bit with the Norway couple, Imbak and Daniel too.
After that, we came to a Hot Spring. Initially, I wanted to change into shorts or my swimwear, but the "changing room" in the woods was too dirty I don't know where to hang my clothes, so I gave up and just soaked my feet instead. 
Potato and I explored a little bit around that area, but we did not exactly spent a long time there. Mor-Pang waterfall was our next destination, and Potato climbed it haha~ I only took photos.

Only stayed for a short while here, and we reached our last destination of the day: Pai Canyon, which was also where we wanted to see in Pai at 4+pm. *Had a crunchy spring roll before I spent energy climbing up slopes and stairs to reach the top of the canyon.*
I kind of regretted wearing slippers up Pai Canyon, but seemed like tourists were mostly wearing that. It's a scenic place, but dangerous if you slipped into the valley. Daredevil Potato encouraged me to go on further to the other side to catch the sunset, and I plucked up courage to do it!
Very pretty views indeed. The bus sent us back to Pai Walking street, and we walked into a random restaurant to have dinner. I had clear tom yum soup with prawns and rice, while he had steak.
*Thanks for your treats la Potato!* We walked back to Jikko Harem and as it was still early, we decided to pay a visit to this random café nearby the Airbnb: A Taste of Joy. It's quite a cosy café.
We chose to sit on the second floor, and I had a glass of ice-blended strawberry while he had local beer. We ordered a small Hawaiian pizza too.
Had some time to discuss about different matters too. Great way to end our trip in Pai.

Comments