油泼扯面@NTU with Potato + Dutch Baby cafe & KTV with XY + Racing Appreciation Night 2018 + Kogane Yama with Leon, YJ and Potato + market & furniture window shopping + Shabu Sai for Jess, KW and KU's bday

15/1/19 Tues: Did the "mermaid pose" today. Again, not easy coordinating your limbs in the air but I did it haha.
18/1/19 Fri: Went NTU to have lunch with potato. I have always wanted to try the "biang biang mian" aka 油泼扯面, and so I had it at North Spine's canteen for $4.40, with additional scrambled egg and tomato. Nothing to rave about leh. 
Then, Potato brought me to NIE and he practised the song "我怀念的" for his performance in one of the music practice room. He did his "fingers warm-up exercise" too, and I tried playing to it as well... not easy keke.
19/1/19 Sat: Wore the Christmas earrings YB bought for me~ pretty! Met XY at Dutch Baby Café at Paragon after tuition with Jayden. I had their shabu pork tomyam noodles but it was only average. Loved their matcha pancakes though. We both concluded that it's a great place for afternoon tea.
Sang KTV for two hours at Scape that night ($26 per person). I think their sound system is still better than Teo Heng's, though the first room we went into was bad. The microphones were so old that they were rusty, and one of the head's falling off yikes. *Enjoyed listening to XY belt out“倒数”and“天使也会受伤”!*
21/1/19 Mon: Attended STC's Racing Appreciation Night at JW Marriott South Beach. Glad to hear that all tables were sold that night, and proceeds of $85,850 went to Deaf Sports Association.
I liked the logo for our event that night, and that we have "Blue Horse Awards" haha. The 4-course dinner, however, disappointed me and many other guests according to feedbacks. The sour plum marinated tomato and wild purple prawns tartare was alright, cod fish was soft (but why with laksa gravy!?), but others were bad.
They invited a mentalist for a performance, and invited Benny Woodworth onstage for a game... guess his ATM Pin number got revealed to us all lol.
Bad emcee-ing for the night though. I'd rather much have our racecallers host it. Granted he has a "script" (yet can still pronounce the name of the winning stable wrongly), and someone must have fed him with some background information of the racing industry, but seeing him interview the winners makes me cringe. Even if he wasn't someone from racing, he could still have done his job justice if he was humourous enough. But, zero sense of humour.
22/1/19 Tues: Usual aerial yoga lessons!
26/1/19 Sat: Potato and I went down to Bugis + to support Leon for The Ultimate Talent competition, where he sang “说散就散”. I thought he sang pretty well, but this competition is open to dancers, hosts, rappers etc too, not exactly "fair and square" I think. After that, we had desserts at黑丸子, and also a few rounds of snooker with Potato. *Thanks for being my teacher dear!*
I had craving for soba, so 3 of us met YJ for dinner at Kogane Yama. I had the tempura set with the soba, but unfortunately the soba wasn't good at all. But, I enjoyed their tempuras. YJ felt like having dessert after that, and the yoghurt cake she had at Paris Baguette was really good too.
27/1/19 Sun: No race day duty for me this Sun, so I decided to go with dad and mum to JE's wet market... to learn about shopping at wet market and prepared for married life later hehe. We were at the fish stall when I heard one young lady asking: “这个是石斑?那个是花斑(花石斑)?” The fishmonger uncle replied: “都是石斑咯” haha. 妈妈买鱼的时候,会选鱼鳃里头深红色(有血色),又看起来粘粘的。是代表那只鱼胶原蛋白比较丰富吗?
Next, she went to buy vegetables, chicken wings and鱼翅for CNY's dinner. They shared century egg porridge for breakfast while I ate chicken rice at the market beside.
Potato came over for the nasi lemak we bought him, and then two of us went out to JE to look at furnitures. We are going for the "woody/muji/scandi" interior design, and we spent like 5-6 hours walking at IMM, The Furniture Mall and TradeHub21. Did see some nice furnitures, but it's hard to picture them in our home when we haven't even got a rough design of our flat haha. *Will plan to meet up different IDs this year.*
The one Potato's sitting on is from Commune Living, and we very much like the green colour. *I love the Earthy colours~*
We had our usual Vietnamese cuisine for dinner at Pho Street, shared a Matcha ice-cream from Isetan and then the BBQ杏鲍菇at the pasar malam at JE. 
28/1/19 Mon: Met KW, Clement, KU, LL and Jess at Shabu Sai buffet at Orchard Central to celebrate the trio's (Jess, KW and KU) birthday. Ahna couldn't make it last minute due to a stomach flu virus. KW, Clement and KU had the wagyu buffet, and KU apparently only "whacked" wagyu lol. *KW's 5 months' stomach is still so small!*
29/1/19 Tues: Lots of focus on arms and core tonight. They are my weaknesses, but I'm working weekly to improve on it!
30/1/19 Weds: We danced to Sammi Cheng's “眉飞色舞” tonight! Kind of nostalgic as it reminded me of our Teacher's Day dance in secondary school, which was when E3-01 classmates choreographed our dance steps to also Sammi's “独一无二”. *I remember coming up with one of the moves where we sweep our hand over our heads and then to the side~*  
Met Potato, Liz, Michael, Mervyn and SD at Itacho at JCube for dinner. *Congrats on Liz and Michael's engagement yay!*

Comments