Jess’s belated 30th bday @ New Lucky Claypot rice & Sunday Folks’ + A Noodle Story ramen & 叶问外传:张天志with Potato + Asus PC repair + Pat's belated 30th bday @ AMK Xin Wang & dinner with Justin @ Yishun hawker centre + Bi-annual dental appt

4/1/19 Fri: Jess recommended New Lucky Claypot Rice at Holland Village for dinner. She made a reservation and we went to the market in the evening for a claypot for 2 ($15). I reckon all the customers around were there for the claypot rice… about 10+ tables of them.

Both of us rarely eat claypot rice, so I think we didn’t do the “proper steps”, which involves taking out the ingredients from the claypot first, and then adding in the black sauce and oil, mixed the rice before lastly putting the ingredients (chicken meat and Chinese sausage) back. Maybe it’s because we didn’t mix evenly, I think I accidentally ate some salted fish slices even lol! I only liked the rice la, honestly.
After that, I tried to direct us to Holland Village but walked the wrong way ah doi~ so we relied on Google Maps to bring us to the right area, and she suggested Sunday Folks’ for desserts. We shared the earl grey ice-cream on waffles and a glass of peach tea each ($23). Had a good chat, and I hope she enjoyed the treat!
7/1/19 Mon: I found A Noodle Story’s review online and PotaTOHs decided to go to Amoy Food Centre for lunch. He queued for about 20 minutes for their $11 medium-sized SG ramen, and man the queue behind him got longer as time ticked by. 
Very much worth it. Be it the soup, potato prawns, dumplings, pork charsiew or noodles, they were all great! Took the train to Tiong Bahru Plaza and we caught the movie “叶问外传:张天志”.
It is a spin-off to “Ip Man 3”. 故事讲述张天志被叶问的咏春拳打败后,带着儿子离开武术界,但却被曹世杰刁难,到后来揭发Owen Davidson藏毒的真相。The male lead had quite a number of action scenes with Tony Jaa, Michelle Yeoh and Dave Bautista etcand果然,袁和平的武打作品很少叫人失望。
But yeah, the only thing good about the show is probably the action scenes.

Rating: 3/5
Potato came over my place for dinner at night, and yup, we took our “mandatory shot” at MRT stations like before keke~
8/1/19 Tues: Back to aerial yoga after missing out for 4 weeks. We did the back flip in mid-air and the hammock was so tight on my waist that I did felt waters being squeezed up my guts at one time.
11/1/19 Fri: Norman from ASUS came to repair my ASUS PC. Changed a new motherboard, but that does not resolve my almost-always “at 100%” hard disk issue, so he advised me to wait for a call from their centre again for them to change my hard disk. Meanwhile, I did a backup for my documents.

12/1/19 Sat: After tuition with Jayden, I met Pat and WZ at AMK Hub’s新旺餐厅for lunch. Been quite some time since I ate there, but I remembered I liked their papaya bee hoon soup, so I went for that with fried chicken chop. However, the one sold at this branch wasn’t as tasty, and the papaya in the soup wasn’t sweet enough. Had their cold鸳鸯奶茶too, but maybe I’m just not a coffee person, so it wasn’t very much to my liking haha. *That’s WZ’s favourite though!*
Royden woke up halfway through, and he was fumbling around, finding for new things to bite besides his toy. There was a slice of lemon that went with Pat’s lychee drink, so she let him bit that…
Look at the baby boy’s expression lol! 3 of us had a chat about WZ’s worry on switching to a new job (mainly on her current temperamental boss), Pat’s kids and education, as well as WZ and my new houses. WZ likes the design of my wedding band too, because it’s slim enough and yet had some diamonds surrounding it. 
Justin was at AMK Hub already by 5+pm, and so we drove over to Yishun Hawker Centre. He was there to have the BBQ stingray ($12, medium) in which his friend was working at that stall, but too bad he wasn’t there that evening. I ordered 4 har cheong gai wings ($6.80) from the famous Ah Tan wings, as well as seafood and roasted pork curry kway teow ($6.50) for us to share. *Aiyoh I didn’t know bro don’t like kway teow~* 辣死我们咯!Can’t take the spiciness and Justin helped to get me a can of grass jelly drink haha. Felt like it’s been long since we last chatted, so he updated me about his life the past few months etc… jiayou!
Funny how Justin drove us to Bishan Junction 8 carpark, and then it rained, so we decided to just do the paperwork for switching of my AXA WealthShield funds inside his car… 浪费车油sia. *This bro very啰嗦, asked me 5-6 times if I want him to send me home to Jurong, but it’s dumb because he stays in Bishan la! Better for me to take train home la.*

*rRandom tThoughts: 有时候会觉得什么事情,担心有何帮助呢?该在最糟的发生前积极避免它发生吧。*觉得我是时候收拾丢掉一些不需要的东西了,然后去学习新的东西了。人生,得再充实、更有意义一些。*

14/1/19 Mon: Had my usual bi-annual dental scaling and polishing treatment at Koh Dental at noon. *Dentist asked me to remove my rotten tooth but hmm I've still some concerns on hand. Shall monitor and see.* Had鸡丝河粉for lunch, then tried this bbq杏鲍菇at the pasar malam... $5 for a box with pepper. Soft and succulent~ though it's a bit too expensive imo.

Comments