Backdate: Pai and Chiang Mai trip Dec 2017 Day 9 & 10

13/12/17 Weds: Left at 10am for Pai Bus Station to buy our van tickets back to Chiang Mai. *I think it was 200 baht per person.* Woosh the 3-hours journey back to Chiang Mai bus terminal felt much faster, and wasn’t as bad as when we came up to Pai. *I mean we survived 762 curves, what’s another 762 hor? Lol.*
Unfortunately, I forgot to take my new slippers bought at the Saturday night market, which was in a black plastic bag and slotted just beside my seat in the van when I got down. Oh well… we booked a Song Taew on the spot for 150 baht to take us to our new Airbnb stay Fundee Story (1 night for S$32.96).
I chose Fundee Story as I liked their “kampong design”. We stayed in individual huts, that came an attached toilet. Let’s explore more…
After that, we took an Uber to the Grand Canyon which was opened from 10am to 7pm. It was sweltering hot that afternoon, and entry was at 100 baht per person. Only some tourists around when we reached, and we simply walked around.
Potato put on the safety vest and went tubing and stand-up paddling in the lake. I didn’t bring extra clothes and so I volunteered to take photos.
There was this 9m cliff jump where many angmohs were taking turns to make their splash. It looked pretty scary from the top, and Potato the adventurer was gamed enough to jump once! *I took a video and it’s on Facebook, no photos though.*
We had a quick bite there and then left for Chiang Mai Night Bazaar. It’s been many days of walking, so we opted for an hour of leg massage (150 baht) at a random masseur salon. *I can’t stand the itch during massages usually, but it seems he was worse than me haha.* 
However, it was devastating to receive news from my mum that my paternal grandma passed away that day. It was only nine months ago that my maternal grandma passed on. I may not have been super close to my paternal grandma, but she was one who was always concerned with her grandchildrens’ studies, and a strong-willed woman I feel. *Attended her wake when I got back to Singapore.*
We returned to the Phloen Ruedee Night Market and I had the tom yum kway teow with chicken drumstick which was rather spicy! Potato bought my favourite seasoned wakame too… yums! We had also chicken wings and Avocado rolls, and Potato overkilled it by getting a seafood platter for 399 baht, and he added noodles for another 50 baht! That could have easily served 4 to 5 people~
After a sinful and over-fulfilling dinner, we walked back to the pub beside Houzzel 360. What chance for us to bump into Denis, Michel and their friend Joseph from Switzerland, who used to work in Swiss Bank. The 4 guys paired up and had a good game of snooker.



Back to Fundee Story to pack up our lugguages and a night of good sleep before leaving Chiang Mai the next day.
14/12/17 Thurs: We had some time before our Scoot flight TR 675 at 4.55pm, so PotaTOHs explored the vicinity in the morning. Not many dining places were opened in that area that early, but we managed to find a random eatery for breakfast. He had fried rice while I stuck to my tom yum goong~ 
Then, we visited a café just nearby to have some coffee for a lazy afternoon. I had iced mocha but weird that I seem to have headache if I take too much coffee. *Yes, one full cup is a lot for me.*
I remembered talking to the lady Uber driver who drove us to the airport in Thai… finally got to use my broken Thai to converse haha! Thai people are very nice in general. 
And can you guys believe it? The moment we got down the car and got into the queue to go into the airport, we bumped into Denis a third time! He was leaving for his next destination… I can’t recall where. *May we meet again someday!*
Last meal in Chiang Mai airport was so-so. I spent at most S$1700 (in which S$1K was changed for spending and souvenirs) for the 10 days’ trip. *It had been an enjoyable trip with dear again~ love you!*

Comments