The Blue Ginger with John, SS & YJ + steamboat with Potato’s sec sch friends + Merci Marcel & YQ’s belated 28th bday at Muji café + Nakajima Suisan with Amelia + steamboat & Overcooked 2 at SS and John’s + countdown @ YB’s + 2019 resolution

*I still have travel posts from Chiangmai, Yogyakarta, Khao Kho and Japan not done arghhhh!*

1/12/18 Sat: John, SS and YJ treated Potato and I to dinner at The Blue Ginger restaurant for tying our knots! It’s the first time I’d been to a Peranakan restaurant, the kuey pai tee, ngor hiang and steamed fish were not bad! Had ice-cream and waffles for dessert at a café nearby later. Had a good laugh listening to YJ share about her newly-wedded friend’s in-laws and their traditions.

3/12/18 Mon: Potato and I went over to Galvin and Joan’s early evening to prepare for steamboat with his secondary school friends. PY, Joshua, Tiffany, Melvin and SD came after work. Melvin bought fresh salmon sashimi and did it Aburi style for us~ shiok! Happy gathering as usual~

4/12/18 Tues: Last aerial yoga lesson before I am off to Japan!
8/12/18 Sat: Met with MT, Alwyn, Mich, SS and YQ for our lunch date at Merci Marcel at Tiong Bahru. I ordered poached eggs with avocado, pomegranate and shrooms which tasted good. Alwyn had a pretty fun time at the café and it seemed that the waiters were all in love with him haha.
Took a bus to Plaza Singapura and we ended up at Muji café for YQ’s early bday celebration! Alwyn stole the limelight because he was way too cute wearing the reindeer hairband la!
9/12/18 Sun: It was jockey Olivier's last day of racing in Singapore, so I took the opportunity to take a photo with him before he flew back to France. *Hope to see you back again in the near future!*
28/12/18 Fri: Back in Singapore on weds after an awesome 15 days’ trip to Japan. Met up with Amelia at Nakajima Suisan at the basement of Takashimaya for dinner, as well as to pass her the Matcha Royce chocolate I bought. *Well, I don’t mind good Japanese food again~* It was an one hour’s wait but I thought my squid set was worth it. I chose tom yam sauce to go with the squid, which was quite the novelty but it tasted okay la. Awesome salad, rice and miso soup though. Amelia told me people go for their fishes, so I shall try it next time! Shared my Japan trip stories with her, only to know this小妹knows how to ski and snowboard neh. *I need to take up proper lessons the next time I embark on such trips again!*
After dinner, she was very nice to treat me to Hazelnut and dark choco gelato near Scape. Very generous portion and it feels good to indulge in ice-cream once in a while.
30/12/18 Sun: Headed over to SS and John’s for steamboat lunch and to meet Pi and SS’s mum again! Jenny and her boyfriend KW came a bit later, and YJ came too after she sent her cousin off to airport. Spent some time talking about Japan and YJ on her trip to Bangkok. Played “Overcooked 2” with John, Pi and YJ while SS did some work. Lol YJ, Pi and I were all “greenhorns” in this game so John was the “commander” giving orders to us on what to do haha~ kinda messy but fun!
After tat, YJ and I shared a Grab. I reached Potato’s place in less than 20mins, and we had homecooked family dinner. *和家人吃饭的感觉很好!*
31/12/18 Mon: As usual, Potato and I went to YB’s place for countdown dinner. Most of the food were cooked by her dad this time round, and she also ordered an Ondeh Ondeh cake from Sinpopo, which was a tad too sweet we thought. WL, WS, Ben, WX, Zianne, Jere, Rick and BY’s friends were there too.
Had dinner, played with Zianne for a while and then played “Overcooked 2” with Potato, WS, WL and Ben. Again, a group of inexperienced noobs (bar Potato) having fun altogether haha~ Then, YB wanted to play Mario Kart and Rick joined in. *I sort of reigned supreme yay!* Shared Grab home with Ben and Potato stayed over at my place as it was close to 2am by the time we got back.

完成了人生一件很重要的大事in 2018: got married! Potato and I ROM-ed on Nov 16 after dating for 3 years. Had our wedding yacht party on 17th, organised by the lovely Farmily and had our family and close friends celebrate our special day with us. Also, we’ve gotten our 4-room flat at Bukit Batok! Rumour has it that it will be ready by end of 2019 earliest, so hopefully we can renovate and move into our comfy love nest asap! *I look forward to many more memorable moments in PotaTOH’s life ahead!* 
Travelled to Yogyakarta, Khao Kho and Japan (Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and Nara) too. I’m lucky enough to be able to visit the world with friends and my hubby, to experience and take in the world as much as I can. Learnt Shorthand (oh well I don’t use it much now either…) and fight-do, re-took Piloxing as well besides my usual aerial yoga and kickboxing classes. Attended Stacey Kent’s concert at Esplanade.

Stepping into my 30s, I should very much procrastinate less, and learn as much essential skills like cooking and buying groceries (preparation for married life lol~) soon, and on-the-job skills that can enhance my work. Skills like swimming, cycling, maybe picking up some musical instruments (Potato’s gonna read this and screen-shot it la~) are in the pipe too. As for travel, Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Iceland, New Zealand, Bhutan, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Dubai etc are all on my lists of to-go’s (not all in 2019 of course)! *Time to cut down on shopping and wasting time on unnecessary stuff.*

Lastly, and the most important wish I have for every new year, is that me and my love ones stay healthy and happy. May I become an even more responsible, wiser and generous individual in the long run ahead, so I can take care of myself and my love ones in better ways! *还有,告诉自己与其羡慕人家过得有多好,不如多加珍惜自己的幸运和身边的好,适当地寻找适合自己的人生方式和平静。*
2/1/19 Weds: Had a hair cut today, and hopefully it grows till my ideal length for my wedding photoshoot in June! Last lesson of kickboxing for this round and Kelly requested us to plank as a form of “graduation” lol.

Comments