Japan's Tsunami: How it Happened + Rabbit Hole + The Illusionist

*rRandom tThought: If I had to hate someone, I'd rather it be from the start. 这样也就不用顾及什么旧情、共同的回忆之类的东西,干脆多了。*

My head was "spinning" when I was doing notes for HC301 ysd... too much info yet too little time! It was a bit better doing HC202 today though, but it was as bad after dinner time... most prob cos the light in my bedrm was too dim for reading at all. *It only encourages slping lol!*

Watched "Japan's Tsunami: How it Happened" ysn.
It's a documentary from one channel in UK, lasted for about an hr. The recent magnitude 9 earthquake in Japan was horrifying, when I saw the vids with my own eyes. Seeing the tsunami literally sweeping/"swallowing" the lands... nv felt so real b4. It was oso then tat I realise tat those "doomsday-movies" were tat real in portraying.
Well, and like wat the scientists/geologists in the show mentioned... the quake would trigger off "chain-effects"... bad thing though.
I do pray tat peace returns to Japan soon enough.

Rating: 4/5

Next up, "Rabbit Hole" starring Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart~
It's about a married couple, gg thru a relationship crisis after losing their son in a car accident 8mths ago. At 1st it seemed like Becca (Nicole Kidman) was the one unwilling to face reality, but I guess towards the end, I tot Howie (Aaron Eckhart) was even more reluctant to let the past go.
I almost stopped breathing and paid all attention to the scene whr they quarelled. It suddenly reminded me of hw Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet quarelled in "Revoluntionary Road"... so intense tat I almost couldn't bear to breathe lol.
Becca even plucked up the courage to talk to Jason (Miles Teller), the young boy who accidentally killed her son. It was kinda heartwarming to see them talk on the benches... like a feeling of释怀. And Jason even drew up "Rabbit Hole", which follows the "Parallel Universe" theory... and I reckon this comforted Becca to a certain extent.

Imagine a world eslewhr, whr Becca, Howie and their son could be living happily together.
I'd like to believe in the parallel universe theory too.

Rating: 4/5

Last but nt least, "The Illusionist"!
"Magicians do not exist."
The line above left a deep impression towards the end of this french-english animated film. The movie talks about an old magician who's finding alternative ways and means to earn a living for he's losing his magician job. Met this young gal called Alice in a small town in Scotland while he did some small magic performance, and Alice was so absorbed into magic, that she followed the old magician to Edinburgh when he left.
The old magician did some tricks to make Alice happy, for fear of letting her know tat he's juz but a performing artiste. Well of cos he had a hard time doing odd jobs here and there for a living too. Until Alice found someone who loved her, the old magician chose to leave, leaving behind the note "magicians do not exist".
可惜,世界就是不存在过于美好的东西。
Fyi, I loved the backgrd music thruout the show... sets the warm and comfy tone.

Rating: 3.5/5

*Arghh... I want my usual singing voice back!*

Comments