Merry X'mas Eve 2010: steamboat~~~

*Shugs my face is getting rounder by the day it seems... so I guess it's lucky tat I'm actualli flying back earlier nw... 13th Jan 2011!*

Been slping too late like 2+, 3+am so my left eye gt bloated and a bit sore today. WT and I had lunch together at西安小吃... she liked the干拌面 (RMB9) too. We went五角场to buy the ingredients for our X'mas steamboat at night. It's at the 2nd flr of第一食品building.
It's whr WT always buys her fruits and veggies for making salad herself. Michelle came later at 2+pm, and we gt like all kinds of shrooms (our fav~), green veggies, duck meat, goose meat, mutton, prawn dumplings, pork meatball and fishballs. It's about RMB58.20 per person.
Came back to hostel and Karen and her bf came back as well. *"cold air" in my rm while Karen was in the bath~* I left for Mich's rm in about an hr's time cos we're gonna have the steamboat in her rm.

Dang her rm's really cold as compared to WT's and mine... so I guess eating steamboat there suits la... in winter time haha! *WT "proudly" wore her "labbit shoes" inside there la~ lol.* So it's preparation time... WT and Mich washed the veggies while I... er... carried the veggies to them and took photos at the same time haha!
Well if u realise, we dun hav a knife with us, so Mich used the cake's knife to cut the big mushrooms into smaller pieces... it worked eh haha! I wanted to help wash lor but WT dun trust me... kept me outside the toilet... and "ordered" me ard... HAHA! Kidding la... since she loves washing and always does it back in SG, then I'm only "letting her do her duty" LOL.
Alright... here's the spread...
Koped some of the photos above from Mich btw. We used Mich's tom yam maggies's seasoning as the soup base since her mum bought many over. *3 of us finished 5packets of maggie mee ok!?* I think my fav was王老吉tea and the maggie noodle... and my mushrooms lol! The meatballs were nice too, the duck and goose meat were cold dishes... I prefer the duck over the goose cos the goose meat was too salty. We all reckon the dumpling tasted worst cos the prawn was super tiny and I dunno... I could oni literally taste flour from it... plus it smells of milk... weird. *pray I dun diarrhoea la.*
Finished eating in like 2hrs time... we din actualli but were too full to continue eating. Here's a snapshot of the "tragic-scene-of-leftovers" from us:
More than half of the duck and goose meat were thrown away la... wasted aiyoh. And we bought too much veggie too lol~ WT brought them back herself haha. But yeah it's an experience gained and a lesson learnt isn't it? Nt to buy too much in future... so sinful to waste food haha.

Planned for QW's trip in Shanghai since she's reaching in like 6hrs' time!? It's roughly planned out already... and even though I guess it won't go as smoothly as planned, but juz pray tat the weather doesn't stay this cold... it's like 4 to -1degrees celcius on a X'mas eve eh! A tad too bad it din snow nor rain today... well I think WT hope it does on X'mas day itself haha.
*Ok! 4 of us shld be gg to the tailor's tml~ ciao!*

Comments