SMRT 2011 Poetry Anthology + PASSION Walkathon

*rRandom tThought: 哪怕是百忙之中,也要享受的个性……是我?*

Met up with LL last sat and we went to the Big Steps at SMU for SMRT MovingWords' poetry event. It's supposedly a poetry competition and they'd selected 100 poems out of 2K+ submissions, gathered and published into an anthology. I gt my copy of it at the event, and the person was saying she'd saw my names a lot of times lol!
The 12 finalists were invited up onstage to read their poems, and I think I liked this uncle's reading... he sounded passionate. Among others were some already established poets, songwriters, translators etc... so cool.
Oh well, I was flipping thru the bk, reading all 4 of my poems hehe... feels kinda happy though they might nt be the best. Ok let me reveal wat I can rmb wat exactly was the idea behind these 4 poems...
I wrote this as an assignment for HC312 initially. I think I gt the inspiration from a pic, and disasters tat were happening all ard the world in our times. I was picturing a boy holding on to his light of hope in the midst of a disaster tat occured... all's predestined... try reading it from bottom to top... I guess one could see the预谋I was saying then?
Wrote this last time using a DBSK wallpaper, ard the period of their disbandment. But nonetheless, do see this as an escape from summer. I somewat felt a tinge of "bounciness" in the words haha.
Tried to be humourous here but I dunno if it worked? It's a poem about growing up yrs.
Inspiration was from Hero's movie“天国的邮递员”. *KU, the“你”refers to Hero in the movie if u wanna noe lol!* 最简单易懂的了吧, when I showed the poems to LL, KU and Jess. 是通俗,但其中那个圈圈谁没踏进去过?说不定有些人还困在里面出不来呢!
Did my own translations for my poems as requested, but I tot most of the translations were nt up to standard, so din take pic at all lol. Anyway, the bk's being sold at $21.40 in bookstores... kinda ex hor? Haha. *To think I'd been keeping the letters from poetry.com and kept dreaming of having my poems published in books one day... kinda came true nw!* 

LL and I had late lunch at日本村at The Cathay.
Haven't been tat full in a long time, I actualli couldn't finish the rice neh haha. Nt bad a meal though.
2 of us met KU and Jess at Promenade, and we headed to PASSION's starting pt near the SG Flyer area. *Everyone's wearing the same outfit... haha.*
Weather's gd which I felt we were lucky cos it'd been raining for the past 1 wk. Oh and we saw the famous "Mr Yam Ah Mee" there too... he looks a bit buffed up for his age o. 4 of us were busy snapping pics along the way, b4 the start... talking about my poems, LZ's wedding etc.
I enjoy those sneaky shots of LL's haha! *She think she'd snapped me, but din noe I'd took hers too~ HAHA!* After some cheering up, it was about 630pm and the walk flagged off! Huge crowd sia~
4km, and we passed the Helix Bridge and walked one big round b4 getting back to the same pt at the end. Took us slightly more than 2hrs cos we were busy taking pics, resting for a while, watching some performances b4 the Marina Bay Sands mall and well strolling back haha. 
I tot the "ice-cream" say motivated me to walk till the finish line ba lol~ *Both Jess and I只听重点lol~* KU saw tat LL was in pain along the way, so we did sat down for a lil' while. It was nt until later when I asked LL did she reveal tat her legs hurt, and tat she experienced chest pain too. *敞开心房一直是我希望朋友之间要做到的,如果做不到,那我永远只是徘徊你门前的陌生人罢了。* Oh and the red bean ice-cream was sweet!
*rRandom tThought:整天跟朋友说我是粗心大意的人,但其实我知道;我只是没说。我的内心或许比自己认识地还细心,只是我的行事又好像比说得还大意。矛盾。*

We went to the foodcourt near SG Flyer for late dinner, and had satays, 五香blah, fishball soup and叮叮糖hehe. There was a "Ghost house" for Halloween juz right behind us, and we could literally hear ppl screaming their lives away, so I shared some stories with them too. Then, LL shared hers too. *Jess ah... shan't mention about hers... so "lame" lol.* 
*简单的人一语就点醒了昏昏欲睡的我:她经历过吧。I guess tat's why I can't agree, since we all hav diff experiences in life. One can't force another to change their beliefs easily. I stand by mine firmly, until if there comes a day when sth happens, and oni tat can change my views. We all learn,学习是人生最珍贵的经验。*

Oh U-Kiss's live rendition "Someday" blown me away! I loved hw all the members sang so well in the performance below! Soo Hyun's voice is my bias hehe.

Comments