My early 23rd bday lunch with sec clique + The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

*rRandom tThought: 凡是都有始有终,所以势必物极必反。*

Met up with QW and Shermeen on sat morning for Jap buffet at Senki restaurant near Killiney Rd... with their colleagues Jenny and Lucas. *missed the opportunity to take pic of the spread~* Been 2yrs since I saw Shermeen, and she said I looked like I slimmed down haha. I was rather quiet thruout la, cos they were talking about stuffs at OOCL and most of them were no longer "any of my business" haha. The buffet lunch ended at 2.30pm, and Shermeen was nice to treat me and QW to it. 3 of us headed to H and M, but honestly, the designs weren't flattering. Shermeen left after, while QW and I went to MUJI when she gt her cushion seat for her mum... filial daughter haha. Ended the day with video watching at my house haha.

*Guess it turned out sunny after all, after a night of gloom.*
On sun, YB, James and Jess originally planned to hav my bday lunch at Wild Honey, but alas the waiter told them we'd hav to wait an hr for seating, so they changed their mind and we went over to Sakae Sushi at Orchard Central! *Lvl 6 seemed so "empty" so I joked I already "booked the whole restaurant" LOL!*
YB chose her food really fast, as usual, leaving me to flip thru the menu really slowly haha. Jess and I ended up having the same food... Sashimi Kaminabe(?). I liked it. James had rice cos he's very hungry haha. YB ordered a cheese teriyaki chicken meat, and kyoza too... okie la nt bad hehe.
Oh and yes for "what I'd been waiting for"...
YB, Jess, James & PH shared my bday gifts: Sephora's lip gloss and blusher! *OMG the blusher is very ex neh... I gt "gold" on my face le lol!* YB was so tempted so she went to get another one for herself after our lunch sia haha. Anyway, the 2 gals oso gt themselves lip balms too. They planned to get me eye shadows but suddenly rmb-ed I dun apply eye shadows haha. 
Oh and I dunno if it was meant to be a surprise, but I'd been looking at the "plastic bag" James was holding onto since we met, but I din ask until they took it out after our lunch. It was cupcakes (by right shld be 12 in total, but YB and Jess finished 4 b4 I reached...) James bought from Sophie haha... she sells them online too! *Wat a great way to advertise for his gf!*
I tried 2 kinds, and I'd hav to say I like the peanut butter brownies... esp the brownies hehe. *James even esp went to buy a lighter to light the candle lol~ he's oni gt matchsticks at home... so "trad" haha!*
We shopped ard Taka and Orchard Central, for YB's Happy Lemon haha. James left 1st, while the 3 of us went to MUJI cos I wanted to get the slippers I saw ysd with QW... 10bucks for 1... better be "lasting" lol. Saw the brand Naruko at Watsons and I told them the night eye gelly was gd (since I dun seem to hav obvious dark eye circles though I seriously lack slp...). YB食言, bought one whitening lotion after the blusher haha. 

Caught "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas" ysn.
I dunno y but I'm somehw moved by this story. I felt for the Jews... they were cruelly tortured by the Nazis. It was thru the eyes of innocence, a plainly honest friendship bet. 8 yr old Bruno and Shmuel tat revealed the cruelty of human race... one for themselves.Their friendship is physically barred by the wirings, but they were nv distant.
In the scene whr Bruno denied knowing Shmuel when the Nazi soldier questioned him, causing Shmuel to be beaten up, sorta pricked. I mean I do understand the fear a little child could hav in front of an adult, but it was juz painful to see.
Omg the ending was heart-wrenching to watch, but I wondered if it served as a lesson to Neil Hitler (David Thewlis)? Like hw the novel ended... "he (Neil) didn't really mind what they (Red army) did to him any more."
国家之大,显得家庭那么地渺小。Neil said himself "Home is whr the family is." He's gt his "big home", but lost tat "small yet precious home"... 内心既然虚空,他就只是个流浪的孤儿。

Rating: 4/5

TOP appeared in Gummy's "I'm Sorry (Japanese Version)" MV.
Though I couldn't really get the MV, but yeah TOP yearns for freedom imo. I still prefer him in black hair haha.

Comments