Proofreading & Editing Techniques for Executives & Managers course + Dumpling Darlings with sistars + hosting John & friends @ STC + theft of Potato’s sandals

15/8/23 Tues: Had lunch with Janet at Tonkotsu Kazan at Bukit Panjang Plaza. I had the Karamiso ramen which was okay.

Did a new way of “hanging” on the hammock. I could do it with my left leg but not the right~ and dang my toes almost cramped every time we did that.

16/8/23 Weds: Attended the Proofreading & Editing Techniques for Executives and Managers course at PSB Academy today. Our instructor Christine Leow had an impressive resume and I did enjoy the class, but thought it wasn’t in-depth enough for me to grasp the whole English grammar rules. *Will get myself some primary school assessments to work on that!*

Wanted to eat at Food Republic at Marina Square for lunch but seats were “chopped” everywhere! In the end, my three classmates from State Court and Family Justice Court and I went to Saizeriya. I went for my “usual” mentaiko squid pasta set ($8.90) and the portion was quite filling. Also asked about their jobs as executives and doing summary for judges etc, but HM and the other lady told me though it’s a civil servant job, rather interesting because they see different cases all the time, standard Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 6pm kind and you don’t bring work out of office, but I probably cannot stand the “fixed working hour” week in and out at Chinatown.

Still couldn’t do headstand using the wheels and I think it’s because I’m scared of falling over, even with Yip assisting. I will try harder in future classes! *Once in a while, Potato这个“宠妻魔”都会给我准备sashimi sushi after my class keke~*

17/8/23 Thurs: Celebrated Chris’ 61st birthday in the meeting room this morning with the rest of the CMC division. The chocolate cake they got from The Pâtissier was nice at first but too sweet thereafter. *They are known for their passionfruit meringue cakes la.*

After tuition with Natasha, PotaTOHs had dinner near her place and I think I’ve sort of found my new “favourite” mhk place~ because their chilli was similar to the one at my mum’s cousin’s mhk stall in Jurong West last time! *Triston thought “wanton mee” was“鱼圆面”all this while omg~*

18/8/23 Fri: My Qigong session this morning was interrupted by last-minute changes to a press release damn. For dinner, I cooked prawn, scallop, edamame, iceberg lettuce, enoki shroom and dumpling with刀削面in tom yam and chicken stock~ shiok!

19/8/23 Sat: Met Fran, Ning and PY for lunch at Dumpling Darlings for lunch. We arrived only at 2pm but I didn’t know they close at 3pm, so much as the food was nice (albeit the grapefruit ginger soda wasn’t) and liked by everyone, we had to down it quite fast. *They don’t serve the marinated beansprouts free anymore but now it cost $2 as a starter. I preferred the garlic and chilli marinated black fungus more.* Ended up at Paris Baguette in City Hall and that was when the three received message from YQ about his wedding banquet in JB in November. Ning called him straightaway haha.

I left for my mat Pilates lesson with Jane at 5.30pm and it was another good workout today. *My lower back and core is still weaker compared to other parts of the body I feel.* Came home to sweet corn and carrot soup, stir-fried Chinese spinach and black pepper teriyaki chicken meat Potato cooked for dinner~ nice!

20/8/23 Sun: Hosted John and his friends, Nigel and Henry at the Club this afternoon. Glad they had a fun time betting and taking photos of the horses, though none of them won overall haha.

Came home to a nice dinner made by Potato: honey soy sauced-cod and paprika broccoli with cold soba~ The paprika broccoli turned out very nice, even better than the ones with only salt and pepper but the cod was a bit tough on the outside, albeit the taste was not bad imo.

21/8/23 Mon: Felt my abs very much during Pilates reformer this morning! Was not very focused (thinking of work) when I was cooking so it was only when I started adding miso paste to sweet corn and red onion that I questioned myself “Why this combination?” lol. Ended up the overall taste was quite乱七八糟albeit edible.

22/8/23 Tues: Caught Steven before he drove off from his stables this morning for a quick 5-min chat on Mr Malek’s story haha. *More and more rumours on STC as we move towards closure and the “domino effect” on our counterparts. I hope some of them is true though… kick out the one mismanaging the Club.*  

Did a flow tonight which was not challenging visually until we tried it for ourselves… just could not get the limbs to coordinate well on the first attempt haha.

23/8/23 Weds: Attended the “Run For Inclusion” lunch talk this afternoon. Interesting to hear from visually impaired runner Chris sharing with us how to guide them and how they train. Buffet lunch by Three Embers was surprisingly good. *Tried the何首乌汤包I bought recently which only required boiling water over the sachet for two hours in a thermal bottle… not bad.*

Attended Yin Yoga and Sound Bath class as usual. Still cannot do headstand in Wheel Yoga class but I did the tripod stand, albeit failed to straighten one leg up and I felt sideway while doing that haha.

24/8/23 Thurs: *Woke up feeling energetic and refreshed this morning. Don’t know if it was the何首乌汤包or the essential oil diffusing at night that helped too?* Eunice treated me to lunch at Ahjumma’s at Bukit Panjang Plaza and we complained about work haha. *So disappointing to hear such “news”.*

Potato whipped up a yummy curry udon and miso soup for dinner tonight! Poor him though because his pair of black sandals got stolen probably today or yesterday night. I didn’t see it the minute I stepped into the house after work albeit mine was still outside. *He intends to make a police report and I’ve posted on FB to warn my neighbours of this recurring theft in our estate.*

25/8/23 Fri: Good session of boxing cardio this morning. Did a trial massage and light therapy for womb, breast and lymph node on the arms ($68) with Sherlyn. It was a 1.5hours session and she started with the womb massage… felt comfortable and when I told her I felt a bit more pain when she grabbed the left side of the waist, she said the tendon on my left side was more obvious… probably because I used more strength on the left side when I exercise and stretch. I agree because I tend to do that when I stretch as it felt easier on that side, so end up the left hip is more defined that my right side lol.

Massaging the breast was a little more awkward but I had the cloth over my eyes lol! But it’s the first time I’m trying out this massage and it was very painful for me… she said there’s toxin and congestions inside. After a good 20 minutes or so, she used the艾灸灯for 15mins on my stomach and 15mins on the breast. It supposedly can help with flushing of toxin and blood circulation… just felt warm lor. *Signed up for five sessions of the 30-min breast massage ($340).*

PotaTOHs tried the new Sarawak mee stall at the coffee shop downstairs but I thought my wanton mee ($5.50) was only okay. He liked his Sarawak kolo mee ($5.50) in black sauce though.

26/8/23 Sat: Stayed at home today and decided to prepare bibimbap for dinner since we have time. I’m still a little bit clumsy and “inflexible” but Potato patiently helped me with preparation of some ingredients and cooking them. Turned out to be a yummy dinner for us!

27/8/23 Sun: Potato cooked wafu-style duck pasta with cabbage and carrot for dinner yay~ quite nice!

28/8/23 Mon: Took my lipid blood test at NTFGH in the morning before I planned to visit my second uncle at Block C. I bought the tiramisu coffee cake and water chestnut drink over but then realised they had limited visiting hours to his ward! Could only call him to get the nurse down to pass him the food in the end.

Stir-fried Chinese spinach and shimeiji shroom with chilli and also cooked cabbage soup for our meatless dinner tonight~ not bad.

29/8/23 Tues: Did not quite execute the flow tonight to perfection but I tried!

Comments