“Narco-Saints” + Peach Garden buffet dinner with Ian & Cherlyn + Element with Lydia + Alina’s housewarming + 《四马路》+ 《드림》+ Fishmart Sakuraya with family + Legendary Hong Kong with WZ & Pat

31/7/23 Mon: Went to Bukit Batok Polyclinic for my full blood count and iron saturation blood test this morning and everything was done in 10 minutes… probably the fastest visit I’ve had to the Polyclinic so far.

It was meatless Monday for dinner today as usual, so I prepared a cold tofu dish with the soy beansprout on top but it didn’t taste better so I think I can separate them next time haha. Stir-fried the remaining bok choy with carrot and baby corn but I think I’ll start with the baby corn next time because it took a while to soften it compared to carrot slices. Also fried three egg with mushroom and the remaining carrot slices.

Finished watching the six episodes of “Narco-Saints” on Netflix.

I am usually not a fan of such type of thriller and crime shows but because Chang Chen and Ha Jung-woo was in the drama and it’s based on a true event that happened in Suriname (a country in South America that I learned about only after this drama), I was curious.

I thought the drama in itself was already quite “exaggerating”, but after reading news report about the “K” in real life of how he worked with NIS for three years but yet not “recognised” in any way except for this drama… I almost cannot believe it.

Anyway compact and on-point drama. Good.

Rating: 4/5

1/8/23 Tues: Did an easy flow in aerial yoga class tonight but the thighs were painful when strapped in the air.

*The topic about “death” has always been somewhat a taboo for me. I fear it and also talking about it, but it felt good talking to Potato about it after I saw a TV ad after dinner and it just made me want to cherish and spend more time with my family, as well as to do things that I want to and not procrastinate.*

2/8/23 Weds: Spoke to Clyde this morning for his homecoming story and I spend a great deal of time writing that… my eye muscles were quite strained by the end of the day.

Tried wheel-assisted head stand in Wheel Yoga class and because I posed in that for a short while until Yip came to take photo… the moment I came down I could literally feel the gush of blood to my head omg… 确实很精神like Yip said and I indeed found it harder to fall asleep that night.

3/8/23 Thurs: Potato treated Ian, Cherlyn and I to buffet dinner at Peach Garden at Metropolis~ about $40 per person. I liked their scallop with honeydew and melon, deep fried soon hock fish and the steamed prawn in herbal soup. Their Peking duck was meh.

4/8/23 Fri: Treated Lydia to lunch at Element at Millenia Walk and she gifted me a nice handmade handphone pouch.

Did Piloxing in the evening but as usual, it was a non-stop exercise session with instructor Irene and she would either forget to do the left or the right side for every set of exercise.

Potato cooked paprika chicken and roasted potato topped with mozarella cheese and a side of salad! I enjoyed it because the cheese is on the lighter side. Red onion and lettuce with mayonnaise and apple cider vinegar went very well together.

Potato also turned off the MCB switch for the water heater and successfully replaced the faulty water heater button in the living room because the inner circuit was burnt~ great job! Daniel mentioned his electrician said that it was common for the switch to be burnt, especially heater switches but just replacement alone would cost $200 omg. *Good point to note: brown colour is the live wire, green and yellow is the Earth wire and blue is the neutral wire.*

5/8/23 Sat: PotaTOHs went over to Alina and Jerome’s new place at Fajar Hills and she cooked pork belly don and ordered sashimi and sushi for us, as well as HT and her husband that came later. We played Streets of Rage on Sega while HT and CH played “Street Fighter” with Jerome’s retro game systems... so fun! *Drank peach green tea after dinner and I kept tossing and turning at night till almost morning omg. Must remind myself not to drink tea after 2, 3pm in future.*

6/8/23 Sun: Potato whipped up cooked salmon with minced cucumber and onion and om podi in the morning so I could bring the bento to work and have it for dinner~ yum yum thank you <3!

Watched the play《四马路》(Four Horse Road) from Theatre Practice with Fran at night.

Learnt about the history of Waterloo Street and its surrounding areas. The two-hour play was conducted in multi languages, but mostly English and Mandarin with no subtitles, so some foreigners had difficulty understanding it fully… well even I didn’t understand Malay.

We were brought around to different areas where enactments of history incidents took place and I was absorbed with their acting and the story at times, which was great. *Now I know 观音meant the god sees and hears many sufferings in the world.* Yet, in the end, both Francine and I didn’t know what we should feel about the whole play. 有点不知所以然… as in what “takeaways” were there?

Rating: 3/5

7/8/23 Mon: My iron and ferritin test result came back with improved levels in both my iron and haemoglobin panels after about a month of taking the iron supplements. Doctor wanted me to continue eating for three months before another blood test and if the iron level in my body reaches a healthy level, then I can cut down on the dosage.

Cooked potato, carrot and onion soup with the pork chives dumpling. The taste came out pretty “meaty” probably because one of the dumpling skin tore in the soup haha. Also stir-fried bok choy with mushroom for dinner.

8/8/23 Tues: The flow tonight involved thigh straps and it was quite painful at the last stage because the straps literally wrap around the fattest part of the thigh la!

9/8/23 Weds: PotaTOHs spent the National Day holiday together at home watching 드림in the afternoon.

“Feel-good” movie on homeless World Cup for the Korean team.

Rating: 3/5

He cooked Unagi wafu spaghetti using Masa’s recipe and used up the remaining Japanese cucumber and lettuce for dinner at night! We thought the dish was nice but the unagi taste stood out too much on its own though.

*After reading up on investments and watching the first episode of《去有风的地方》, there’s this sudden realisation that I’d been forcing myself to do a lot on investments recently but I seriously don’t enjoy it. I think it’s good to have financial literacy, but I should stop forcing myself to spend time on things I don’t enjoy. I’m going to do the basic for my investments and save my time for many other areas I’d rather focus on like family, health, exercise, nutrition, aromatherapy, meditation etc.*

10/8/23 Thurs: Did resistance cardio exercise this morning and coach Gerald mentioned that while people only burn calories during aerobic exercises like K-pop, Zumba etc, our bodies continue burning calories two hours, six hours or even up to the next day if we did strength training instead because muscles are being broken down during our resistance trainings, so the body takes time to repair them and in doing so, they burn calories off. He said it’s good to have a banana or some protein or fats right after the workout to replenish the glucose straightaway. *The reason why I love my Pilates too is because it builds and tones the body yet I don’t feel overly out of breath while practising haha.*

Potato cooked tom yum chicken fried rice for lunch yay! Went for my third背部负压仪massage with EQ and there’s many small black dots on my upper back after the treatment. EQ said that my心肺经堵塞and told me not to be too stressed up.

PotaTOHs met Ian, Cherlyn, Fran and PY for dinner at Fishmart Sakuraya at West Coast Plaza~ I felt so full after lots of sashimi ($212) lol. Then, we had one-for-one waffles ($27) with ice-creams at Overscoop as desserts.

11/8/23 Fri: I followed Masa’s recipe and made somen with prawns for dinner~ the presentation looked good hehe. Used chicken stock instead of dashi and mixed it with sugar, light soy sauce, mirin, apple cider vinegar and rice wine to make the stock base. The main ingredients were somen, prawn, spring onion, yellow onion, cherry tomato, bonito flake and fried egg… glad the overall taste wasn’t too sour after I added more sugar into the mixture, albeit it wasn’t a recipe I’d revisit too often in future.

12/8/23 Sat: Met Pat and WZ for lunch at Legendary Hong Kong at Funan mall. I tried their signature bowl ($12.80) and it had pig intestine, egg, water spinach, turnip, beancurd skin, chicken wing, pork chop with yellow noodle. I wanted the dry version with satay sauce but it tasted quite salty and more like braised sauce. We talked about WZ’s new Myanmar maid, Pat’s work as a flexi-adjunct teacher and my health conditions as well as topic on having kids. *It has been a long-term dilemma but I’m glad I’m able to have open discussions with Potato and he’s very supportive of whatever decision I make.*  

Attended Jane’s mat Pilates class for the first time and we did Tabata to warm up the body before going into the Pilates moves… tiring but shiok.

13/8/23 Sun: Potato tried a new recipe for dinner tonight: hamburg steak with red wine sauce and roast veggies~ I loved the hamburg he made using minced pork meat (in olive oil, salt and pepper), carrot, onion, tomato, soymilk, egg and panko with red wine sauce, cherry tomato and mushroom! He also air-fried the zucchini, carrot and potato and they went well with the iceberg lettuce.

14/8/23 Mon: Returned to reformer with Chisa after three weeks of break with two rather sore quads from Pilates on Saturday. *There was one point of time that my hamstrings felt really sore while doing the jack knife.*  

Bought milk tea from Teabrary ($2) but there’s this taste in the tea that I disliked and I can’t pinpoint. Started to feel some numbness in my arms and palms as I laid down on the sofa in the evening and this carried on till night when I sat there watching “Love After Divorce”. It got to a point where I felt uneasy, but I observed and it only came about when I sit or lie down from afternoon onwards. *Had a hard time falling asleep at night too… I wonder if it’s got to do with the caffeine in the milk tea I drank early afternoon and then one mouthful at 4pm? Hmm if that’s the case, then that was way too strong for me then… like how I avoided Lipton red tea after I realised I get headaches after drinking it long ago.* Upon checking with Teabrary staff, they used Assam black tea leaves for their milk tea and like Lipton red tea, they’re essentially black tea that are highly oxidised and Assam black tea has the highest caffeine content out of all black teas.

For meatless dinner, I heated up the fried tofu burdock gimbap, stir-fried cherry tomato with egg and tofu in sesame oil and also potato with enoki mushroom in tomato sauce, which I placed on top of lentil and iceberg lettuce later. The latter was a bit of a failure because I underestimated the time needed to cook the potato chunks and I didn’t add enough tomato sauce either, so my Potato came to the rescue by adding butter to the mix for the heat to spread elsewhere and not continue burning my enoki shroom and potato chunks.

Potato cycled over to Fran’s to take her chestnut rolled cake for us~ thanks dear! <3

Comments