Surprise visit from Potato + Yoshimaru & d'good cafe with Potato + nua at Potato's place & dinner + lunch with Potato + White Bee Hoon & Tuk Tuk Cha with YJ + Nam Nam & Portraits of Love with Potato + MBS Future World exhibition & Sushiro & Udders with Potato + PH's wedding discussion + Hatha Yoga

*rRandom nNote: Shall update on my trip to Vietnam Hanoi and Sapa with LL and Jess soon!*

15/4/16 Fri: It was aft race day, and work wasn't that smooth that night. Eugene left earlier than I did, so I walked out of the gate to MRT myself. When I was on the escalator, someone tapped me on my shoulder, and I turned ard to see Potato! That was a huge surprise! Didn't expect him to be at Kranji at 10+pm, and he sent me home thereaft. *Muz be cos he hasn't seen me in more than a wk cos I went Hanoi lol.* He admitted that he was a bit surprised to see the huge crowd of ah peks chiong-ing out from turf club... scared he'd missed seeing me keke.
16/4/16 Sat: We met for dinner at Yoshimaru at Holland V, the ramen was not bad la. Aft that, we proceeded on to D'Good cafe that I recommended~ it's a nice cafe with gd ambience! We had strawberry and banana sweet potatoes waffles thr haha.
Got my Potato a cat chop, green bean cake, chopsticks and postcard from Sapa! *The Erdinger is from Changi airport la~* We talked a lot thr, sharing abt my trip, work stuff, and him about his work and friends etc. Well, Potato was more of a listener that night la, but he's an awesome one hehe.
17/4/16 Sun: Went Potato's place in the afternoon, and we caught “我们相爱吧”season 2 together... all the sweet moments between Chen Bolin and Song Jihyo. Watched the first epi of "Descendents of the Sun" together too~ eh no time to watch the others yet haha. *Both Song Joongki and Song Hye Kyo are not on my list of "ideal" Korean stars, but I shall watch on to see if I can find out why ppl rave about this drama.* Dinner was prepared by his dad~ and everything was yummy! *4hrs to熬莲藕汤leh.* Even the appetiser cucumber slices went super well with their sesame sauce. Aft which, we caught an epi of Running Man (zombie) and laughed big time haha!
21/4/16 Thurs: Met up with YJ at Sun Plaza to have white bee hoon for dinner. *Shane Baertschiger and his family were thr too.* It's pretty salty la, but I hav to say the chilli went well with the bee hoon hehe~ Aft that, I had the craving for Tuk Tuk Cha, so we shared a green tea toast... it was delicious. YJ shared about her trip to Japan, as well as her work stuff... now Japan sounds interesting. But then again, travel partners are impt too.
23/4/16 Sat: Potato and I headed for dinner at Raffles City's Nam Nam. *I missed pho in Hanoi~ lol.* The fish sauce locally tasted diff and not as nice as the ones in Hanoi, and there's egg in the chicken pho haha. One thing I'd have in SG is the veggie and prawn rice paper roll, tastes less raw than the ones in Hanoi~ and the peanut sauce to go with was definitely a gd combi!
We went for the Portraits of Love exhibition at Raffles Atrium lvl 3, in support of Home Nursing Foundation. 
It was a photo exhibition, and we voted for the best pictures among all. *Chemistry cos we chose the same one!* Photos that tell of stories, and as a wish for some of them whom hasn't had photos taken for a long time alrdy. Potato and I played a memory game (to put 9 postcards in correct position aft 30secs of memorising) each, and to think both of us got it 100% correct too yay!
I liked the display, so took photos with the daisies Potato gave for our 5th monthsary. We had a gd time reading stories and lives of the beneficiaries, mostly touching and inspiring. A small donation might help them only in a very small way, but it nv fails to remind Potato and I of how lucky we alrdy are, as compared to others out thr. 
There was a fashion runway happening at lvl 1. Potato heard the live band music and so we kepo-ed for a bit. They were all tall angmoh models strutting their way down the runway~ seemed like modelling clothes wear for stores in the mall... cool.
We walked to Marina Square and saw a Singapore Navy exhibition... the boat simulator looked cool. Took a photo outside Marina Square before we headed hm!

25/4/16 Mon: Potato suggested we go for MBS's "Future World: Where Art meets Science" exhibition... $14 per pax. I wasn't particularly interested in the first place, but once I stepped into the exhibition... oh wow it's a different story lo! The interactive displays all ard makes this exhibition highly family-friendly!
The 1st room was filled with digital flowers! The flowers and butterflies, together with the landscape changes all time~ pretty amazing.
Then, we go into a room whr Jap water colour style of image was used to show us how rising sea lvl affects the world in a span of 100yrs, over a 10mins animation. *Audience could lie on the tatamis provided, and Potato can't wait to hav his own in his rm lol!* 
Oh well 2 big kids went on to take on the "slide challenge" as we proceed on LOL. Next up was a dynamic creation of a town of ur own, users can decide on the placement of the trains, helicopters, rivers etc.
Following that, we went into a rm where "Little People" lived! It's basically two tables, with two projectors projecting animated characters and landscape onto it. We hav to observe how these little ppl reach when a new element is being introduced into the surroundings they are in... super interesting! *We even used our hp as the props.* 
Then, we decided we shld try our hands on drawing and "displaying creativity" haha. We drew our own car and tower respectively, before scanning the hard copy for it to "magically" appear inside the animation on the wall. *"Potato couple's car" drove successfully!*
The waterfall above looks like it exists in a magical realm somewhr lol. Potato and I created our own "hopscotch" too~ my bag's strap broke as I was jumping, but he was quick to fix it.
Then we could tap on甲骨文on the interactive wall and the images would show~ super fun!
The last rm (Crystal Universe) was what Potato had anticipated for! The different patterns of lightings made everything feels surreal haha. We were definitely mesmerised!
Aft 1.5hrs in the hall, Potato went on to make a Sands Rewards card for himself. *Aish shld hav done it beforehand to get discount for the entry tickets!* Anyway, we took a bus to Thomson Plaza, which was nearby VC classrm, to hav Sushiro for dinner! It was only 5.15pm when we reached the queue! Soon, there were more than 10ppl in line, waiting for 5.45pm dinner to commence.
Potato has always been fond of the barachirashis here. I tried their salmon and fish roe don ($14.80)... thumbs up! One down side to the place is that it only has a seating capacity of 12, so those who came ltr would hav to queue for a while.
We walked to Udders next to VC for dessert~ Potato recommended the Udders Nanas, which was pancakes with bananas... very sweet but I loved it! *The Stout ice-cream I chose has a bitter aftertaste, which goes well with it.*
We er, sorta "confessed" to each other new stuff about ourselves that the other din know previously... mainly R/S stuff. *I'm glad I know more about Potato now!* He then sent me home from Mountbatten MRT, heng the MRT breakdown earlier din affect us much.
*rRandom tThought: Ppl come along at diff pts of time in life, for us to learn and grow as an individual, and together. Cherish.*

26/4/16 Tues: Met YB, PH, Jess and SS to discuss for PH's wedding rundown in May. *Thks for the treat at Sushi Tei PH!* Pretty smooth discussion imo, and may all things go great for her big day!
27/4/16 Weds: Had my first Hatha yoga lesson at JW dance studio, with instructor Chan KY. He's 65yrs old, but looked much younger. He emphasized on correct postures and breathing, and told us to look at our partners to observe the bad thing about our posture, but of cos we were all blur la. He told me my right shoulder was higher (normal cos I always carry my sling bags on the left), body was tilted towards one side, shoulders and head were a bit forward... these are unhealthy postures ppl nowadays hav. 
We merely learn how to get up from a slping pose (back and front) effortless... darn hard la. He "smacked" me a few times for not getting it right alamak. Seems like the upcoming 3mths of hatha yoga lesson wouldn't be easy. I hope he goes into doing the poses soon lol. But honestly, I need a quicker exercise (i.e. piloxing, kickboxing etc) too to "balance it up" weekly, feels a bit weird nt sweating it out nowadays.

Comments