아가씨를부탁해 + Trance + XY and LC's bday dinner at TCC + drink at Bushells + talk at Clarke Quay

Xia's "Incredible" MV... party it up!

Xia's live showcase recently, for his "Incredible" album. I've enjoyed his live performances so far, and his rendition of "11am" took many's hearts away imo... the acoustic feel in front was great... can see his confidence as a singer too.

*Worrying that I'm learning a bit too late. I can't be like this forever.*
"아가씨를부탁해" is a romance comedy starring윤은혜and윤상현.
Had a gd laugh while watching this. Didn't think that such typical "rich-missy-falling-for-poor-guy" storyline could get me hooked onto it haha. First of all, thumbs up for윤은혜! She can almost take on watever kind of roles and looked like she is such a person... whoa the no. of designer/branded clothes she wore in this drama was countless lol! She has a great appeal to audience as an actress, not the kind you will get tired of watching her shows. Next of cos, 윤상현was gd-looking and hilarious! I mean he didn't catch my attention in the first episode, but slowly I'd realised he looks like a combi of Takuya Kimura and Won Bin omg! *Can't believe the two leads are 11yrs apart in age!* The不修边幅look suits him haha. I thought the chemistry between these two were awesome... so enjoyable seeing them together. 정일우was the other guy whom윤은혜likes at first, and윤상현taught her how to win his heart etc. 정일우's kinda gd-looking and younger, but lol I preferred윤상현over the younger lad.

Rating: 3.75/5

Yes I managed to watch "Trance"!
There is some kind of "magic" in James McAvoy, as an actor. The way he looks, he speaks (Yes I agree with Danny Boyle that Scottish accent is to die for lol!), smiles (smirking esp...) etc... so charming! *Yeah he's married back at the age of 27, with Anne-Marie Duff who's 9yrs older, and they love reading or doing Sudoku together... he states that he "loves such mundane life" omg sweet~* I esp enjoyed the part whr Simon (James McAvoy) started to fall in love with Elizabeth Lamb (Rosario Dawson)... he looked like a big kid thr haha.
The whole story began when Simon, an art auctioneer, becomes involved in the theft of a painting from his own auction house. Franck (somehow in cahoots together) was angry when he realised Simon took the painting away himself, shot Simon in the head and left him with amnesia. Franck then hires Elizabeth Lamb to help recall Simon's memory, in order to find out whr he'd hid the painting. 
I watched this at 3am in the morning, and just when I was all slpy, I began to "woke up" as the movie progresses on... simply drew me in. *Kinda like "Inception"... 故事不是直线叙述,而是夹杂倒叙、插叙、空间交叠等。* Rosario Dawson has a wonderful deep voice as a hypnotherapist, but thr's an article online that seemed to disagree with how hypnotherapist and hypnotherapy were portrayed in the film... guess the lack of research for this aspect is a weaker pt in the whole story. Oh and the part whr Simon has an obsession over hairless vagina reminded me of what KD told us in class... sth about hw westerners have this fascination since their paintings used to depict such females from the beginning, and how their dominance has since affected many others' views ard the world... interesting.
Danny Boyle has directed films like "Slumdog Millionaire" and "127 Hours" (much as I like James Franco, I dare not watch this film due to the "arm-sawing" scenes...), and I thought "Trance" is good. Not that this film would leave me having after-thoughts, but how the story was told thru cam was complex and intriguing enough for me.

Rating: 4.25/5

Met up with my uni gals ysn at Citylink's TCC to celebrate LC and XY's bdays. I had this baby crayfish pasta which I thought the sauce and spag were good, but crayfish was overcooked haiz. 
We ordered and shared some cakes too. Isn't a fan of cheesecakes, and surprisingly, the black sesame cake LC ordered was my fav among all 4 cakes haha. Time for LC and XY to make wishes, blow candles and laugh haha!
Presented them with their bday msg cards and shopping vouchers!
Updated on every one's job-finding progress... great even WT's found jobs now... just deciding on which company to go into. YY and YQ went home, while the rest of us headed to Clarke Quay. Wanted to go Shuffle at first, but it was packed. Went to Bushells instead for a drink. The banana kiwi smoothies I had was awesomely good... wonderful blend. 
Then, all of them went home too except for WT, XY and me. *Gonna start work on mon... dun feel like gg home that early haha.* WT wanted to say hi to her sec sch friend who's singing at Shuffle, and we managed to sneak in via the back door haha. *Gosh the gals were thinking of making me sing for them thr nex time!* 

It was near midnight, and 3 of us decided to sit by Clarke Quay riverside for HTHT. Talked till about 2+am before we took cab home. Alrdy 3am when I reached home... still got to wake up for tuition at 8+am today lol. *Not bad a chit-chat session~*

Supposed to work on排版for grad mag from today onwards. Thr's a bit of difference in InDesign CS4 and CS5, so the sample sent by YJ appears a lil' diff than it originally was. *Hopefully I can get the hang of this software soon!*
Counting down 1+more days to work at STC. All the best to myself, and yup, it's also almost...

time to leave schooling life officially. Looking forward to convo, and then... I'm gonna say hi to a new phase in life!

Comments