Before Midnight + lunch with Regina & LL + NTU Convocation Class of 2013 + 1st wk of work at SNTC!


New Jap song "Hero" from Super Junior. Not madly in love with this song but it's a likeable song.

Ahna and LL both liked "Before Sunrise" and "Before Sunset" after my recommendation, and so the three of us planned to catch "Before Midnight" together! I have my off day on thurs, so we caught the morning show at Shaw Lido! *Eiyr the counter auntie din allow me to buy at first... said she needed to check two ICs since the show was rated as M18... aish... I don't look 18!? Lol.*
The setting is in Greece this time round! Jesse (Ethan Hawke) and Celine (Julie Delpy) are in their 40s now, spending the vacation with their twin girls in Greece. Jesse struggles to maintain relationship with his son Hank (whom he has with his ex-wife), while he lives in Europe with Celine, and Celine has no intention of moving to the US. The two had a huge arguement at the hotel, and in the end, Jesse ended up trying to comfort Celine and eventually, they seemed to have reconciled.
Yes I love listening to their conversations as usual... so natural. The problems they face, their worries and struggles, their sweetness... it is just sth that might happen to you and I at some pt of time in life. I might not be in my 40s yet, but I could understand their probs somehow. *Ahna and LL was nodding their head fiercely lol!* 
There weren't much scenes, but almost all were memorable. I liked how the two leads chat with their friends over lunch at the long dining table, their quarells at the hotel and how Jesse had to coax Celine towards the end... lovely! What frustrates me most is that I rmb-ed there were some impressive quotes which left me thinking and yet now I can rmb no more! *Shld hav bought a pen and paper to note them down... I'm serious!* Lucky I found one on the internet, said by one of the character in the movie: "Like sunlight, sunset, we appear, we disappear. We are so important to some, but we are just passing through." She was reminiscing her dead husband when she said this... "passing through"... oh I felt that tinge of pain and helplessness too.    
On a side note, Jesse's such a loyal partner. He's doing his best to calm Celine down all the time, confessing his utmost love for her. It seems naive and almost childish for Jesse to "pretend to read a letter from the future", but this kiddish novelist just nabbed the hearts of female audiences in the theatre too, imo keke. 
Pls continue filming the fourth, fifth blah blah installations. I will watch it, even if it means another 9, 18 blah blah yrs haha!

Rating: 5/5

3 of us had lunch at Far East Plaza foodcourt. Ahna was telling us about his sons... the younger one with artistic talent, but the elder one is rebellious atm. It kinda hurts me too, to know that a 15yr old boy couldn't comprehend his mum's gd intentions. *Sometimes, to some ppl, they only learn to heed advice after a fall. Better than them not falling, and not learning till the rest of their life.* 
26th Jul fri! After 4 years of uni education, I've officially graduated! Dad, mum and I went to sch, together with SS, Jenny and SS's mum. *Blur SS... she actually took the wrong colour for the gown's collar lol!* We reached Nanyang Audi and thr were alrdy many graduates thr, putting their robes on.
SS and I took a few photos right after putting on our gowns hehe. Saw YQ, WT and MT at the entrance of the audi!
I was sitted at H15, XH was in front of me, ZJ beside me. Michelle has got a good seat at the 2nd row... so she helped took pics of me too~ thks gal!
Mum caught a very blurry shot of me gg up the stage from lvl 2, and lucky I've Michelle who helped took pics that were much clearer lol!
The min I stepped on "the cross" marked on the flr of the stage, my heart did thumped faster haha. The moment when I received the cert of recognition, till when I walked down the stage... everything happened so fast! *Still, I could feel my moment on stage.* 
*The HSS valedictorian's speech could have been fine if not for the part he tried to include "fellow Chi schmates" in that way. 对此,我非常同意学弟的一句话:“知者不言,言者不知 ”。What a way to start his grad life. I truly hope he learns and reflects from this lesson.* After collecting the HSS bear at SBS foyer, I went on to find dad and mum who were alrdy having lunch. We took quick snaps at the area cos Chinese grads had to rush back to Chi Heritage Ctr to take our batch photos with the profs.
It seems a pretty long walk back to CHC. Many parents and my coursemates were alrdy gathered thr by the time we reached! Big thks to the senior and junior who helped to take our photos... congrats and awesomeness to graduation of NTU Chinese course batch 5!
How happy we looked at last! I might not have known all my batch-mates in person, but I'm thankful we'd pull through together. Most of them are nice people, a pity I dunno them well. Of course, I'm lucky I met 8 great girls in uni~ their accompaniment is what I am thankful for.
No particular prof that I'd like taking pic with that day. *If thr's one, it's KD lol!* Was in a rush to work on my first ever racing day, so I left pretty quickly afterwards. *Cabbed to work and it's nearly 20bucks omg.*
文科出生的人好像都比较感性。我相信中文系的同学尤其是如此。回想起自己选择的“教育路线”,好像也没有需要后悔的一步。和一般新加坡学生一样,出生自邻里学校的我也没有过什么雄心大志,只想好好念书:小学希望能顺利升得上中学;中学希望能顺利升得上理工学院。未来是什么?当什么?真的没有认真想过。曾经也以为我会糊里糊涂、没有方向地度过人生(当然我很不希望这样啦!),很幸运自己做了对得起自己的选择:选择了中文系。首先,还是要感谢父母不干涉,给予我选择自己将来的全部自由。妈妈说过:“你的人生,你自己负责。” 这句话,我很认同,也愿意“扛下来”。
Poly 3年的中文系,我有幸接触到记者这一行,不知不觉喜欢上这种忙。直到大学前,社会学分我是修了一点,对于我的大学教育也有一定的帮助。大学4年里,不能说我完全enjoy中文系的所有课,但真的很喜欢像是文学、哲学思想和东南亚华人研究这些领域的课,真让我获益不浅。*尤其是老大的课~他总有那么多“废话”分享,当中又有那么多知识学习。* 当然,poly和uni分别到ZUCC和复旦大学浸濡的机会让我学会独立很多,也体验到更多。毕业前,再一次到SPH实习和当freelancer的机会也都是我很珍惜的。“最后一击”的FYP是给了我一些压力,但还是顺顺利利地完成了!
谢谢所有中文系的教授,总是默默提醒着身为莘莘学子的我们必须要谦虚;总是那么慷慨、有耐心地教导我们。这种精神,我会牢牢记得,让它也成为我人的态度。

I began work at SNTC on mon. Cecelia briefed to me and Ronnie, before bringing us to our respective depts. Talked for a while with Jessie... she seems a nice lady. Jessie brought me ard to meet the diff colleagues from my team, as well as dept. *OMG so many new faces to rmb~ honestly I can't rmb all their names lol.*
I'm seated with LL, MY and Chris ard me. Mike's my mentor, and he's quite a humourous guy~ I guess many journalists are like tat. *Oh no Craig's kinda quiet though.* Phoebe, Mike and I, together with a arts director and photog from SPH mag were on our way to M.Clements' stable to shoot the photo for his feature in SNTC's bi-mthly e-mag "Winning Post" Aug issue. 
Mike was explaining some stuff about horses and racing while they did the photoshoot. We went near of the horse at one pt of time, and Mike asked it I wanted to take a photo with it lol! *Hey its hair was very soft o~*
Colleagues that I've known so far for the past one wk were very nice ppl. I have ppl accompanying me back home to Kranji stn on the first day! They talk a lot of funny things... makes the journey hm lively haha. Our team had the first meeting on weds too... funny hw Jessie wants me to share my "agenda" lol~ yeah la juz basic intro. For lunch, I've had them at the canteen inside, Kranji mrt stn, and the food court at Yew Tee mrt. I had some chances to talk to jockeys, trainers and owners. Interviewed Alan and talked about his retirement from jockey's world, and after Mike helped edited a lot (haha~), the article came out on thurs! Surprised to see "half of my byline" thr!
http://www.turfclub.com.sg/MediaCenter/RacingNews/Pages/LocalDetails.aspx?intNewsID=11519&spListName=Local%20News&Year=2013#.UfUgyG2YJBo

On fri, I reached office right after convo. The min Dominic saw me... he was like "Whoa... so corporate today ah?" Lol~ I dun really dress tat way... it's cos of convo lor. 
First time I watched horse races live! *Could feel the adrenaline rush whenever the horses push near the home straight... can understand how the punters feel sia haha.* Was at the weighing rm with Mike, and following him outside for interviews with the trainers and jockeys after some races. Craig was on MC tat day... so poor Mike had to write all 4articles himself, but dang he was so fast! Like finishing an article in half an hr omg! Ended work at 11pm~ oh no can't imagine if I've to translate on the spot... I wonder wat time I can finish work!

Jess came over on sat, and we had great time laughing over Shinhwa's shows as usual. Dinner at JEM's Bangkok Jam and I think the seafood stick noodle tastes better in red soup. *Oh so Jess and I are so "alike" omg~ haha!*
Today was spent at the press box, after Mike introduced me to Lydia from Shinmin. She taught me some things throughout watching the 12races. It was a useful lesson, and she's nice to let me find her in future when in doubt. She has been in this industry for 30+yrs... wow. *Let me first get through my 6mths of probation, before I think of anything esle haha.*

Comments