Shinhwa 14th concert: The Return+ 우리 결혼했어요 (Global Edition) + dinner with Pat & WZ + LL belated bday dinner @ Food for Thought + afternoon tea with XY @ Watami Casual + dinner with YJ + 四马路with mum + YB's belated bday dinner @ JEM's Ding Tai Fung

Finally got my hands on Shinhwa's 14th anniversary concert: The Return! 
I missed this concert LIVE in SG, last yr, when I was doing my internship at SPH. Wasn't yet a fan of theirs when they came in June for the concert, and shortly after a month (in the midst of laughing crazily over "Shinhwa Broadcast") when I turned "big fan"... all was too late lol. *Arghh they didn't stop by SG this yr! What a pity!*
Now that I'm more familiar with their songs, this concert was so good! They have all it takes to be “实力派偶像”! The way they talked to each other, their random jokes were signs of strong brotherhood among the six. *Dong Wan's random "You are so Singapore" song was LOL.* 
As usual, I would take note of a singer's singing skills since I love singing myself lol~ Hye Sung has improved a lot since yrs ago... I mean he didn't seem very confident when hitting a high falsetto during past performances of "Once in a Lifetime", but I could hear his voice strong and solid in this concert! *Oh this ballad singer can be a rocker sometimes~* Dong Wan's awesome in being the "support"... he doesn't outshine/overshadow the lead singer most of the time, yet still steady doing his own parts... definitely a highlight sometimes when I listen carefully to his harmonies. Min Woo's voice is full of colours imo... he can be sexy or cute or "emo" or upbeat... depending on the songs. All in all, their live singing is definitely still great... a display of experience, vocal skills, and team effort.
Dance? I don't know much about dancing but man they were great onstage.
Hmph... the concert felt so short! Over in the blink of an eye.

Rating: 4.75/5
鬼鬼is very natural and cute in "우리 결혼했어요 (Global Edition)". She is a yr younger than Taecyeon, but somehow her childishness is a big contrast to Taecyeon's mature/manliness in the show haha. I thought the two were kinda cute at first (so much so that I neglected Hongki and Mina couple haha~), and
鬼鬼responses/reactions brought much laughter many a times. Even though her spoken Eng ain't that gd, but in the letter she wrote to her husband, the grammar were all gd. Oh and when she cried in the end during their separation, looked like she really don't wanna leave her hubby. 
In contrast, I guess many audience would agree with me... Taecyeon doesn't appear to like鬼鬼as much, sth I observed after few episodes into the show. At least the loving feeling doesn't show in action, only stopped in words. Maybe Taecyeon isn't someone gd at displaying his emotions, or maybe he really thinks this is "fake marriage and I'm only working" and that鬼鬼most probably wasn't his type of girl to start with. Language barrier is one big thing imo... I mean given the communication between them (as opposed to Mina who could speak Korean fluent enough), they can't share much. 
Well, they looked better off as friends, but some moments in the show were still worth watching... like their wedding photoshoots and when 2PM members went over to their place for dinner.

Rating: 3.5/5

Met up with Pat, XN and 2 other teaching track friends last mon, and we headed to Bliss at Tanjong Pagar to see Pat try on her ROM gown! She tried on 5 of them, and whoa... pretty leh! In the end, Pat was still contemplating between 2 before we left haha. 
Pat bought me pineapple tarts and keychain with my surname on it from TW! We met with WZ and had dinner at Bangkok Jam at Marina Square... newly opened I think. *Loved my red tom yum seafood glass noodle soup!* 
LL, KU, Jess, Regina, KW and I met last fri for dinner at Food for Thoughts, to celebrate LL's belated bday haha. *OMG the choices limited neh... a bit regretted gg thr.*
Overall, food thr was only average... won't go again imo. *Much as I liked the scrambled egg and mushrooms...* KW came kinda late, and all of us were writing bday msges for LL under the table... passing here and thr, and my ring fell out at one pt of time too lol~ and LL didn't know we were writing all the while!? We were so obvious man lol! *Hope LL liked her treat thr still!*
After that, Regina drove us to Centrept, and we ended up at the MacDonalds thr. Regina was so nice, and bought us all cakes and drinks thr! *I thought Rose McFizz was nice neh!* 
KW made the card... very thoughtful! We left our own messages inside, and yup my handwriting is as untidy as usual... but I know friends ard me have accepted my unique handwriting haha! *Handwriting reflects one's character... shall hav it analysed one day lol.* 
LL, Jess and I were on one table, while KU, KW and Regina were talking at another. We talked till kinda late, and left only ard 1am omg! Ahna was so nice to drive all of us home, one by one! 
*我说话,有时候心直口快,但绝对没有恶意。或许不小心得罪人,但希望听者也无意。*
XY and I had afternoon tea at Watami Casual at Star Vista on sat. I had my lunch as well... ramen was so-so. The dessert was of macha and red bean, but I prefer the fruit one Jess and I had previously. XY got me a tote bag, some biscuits, and a yam-flavoured (with salted egg) 唐饼家for me!
OMG it's been almost 3yrs since I last tasted this! I still miss the purple yam and green macha flavoured ones a lot though! Ironically, it's my first time eating this o, even though I've seen it many times when I was in Shanghai haha. I'm not a fan of salted egg yolk but the yam flavour was yummy! XY and I talked a lot about her stay in Shanghai, her FYP etc... nice chat.
Headed to SPH to meet YJ for dinner and learning of Adobe Indesign software... for grad mag. *Saw ZY and HG too~ during dinner!* YJ and I discussed everything till about 9pm... tired haha. *希望毕业刊能够顺利做出来!*
Mummy and I went to四马路观音庙this morning. *求到好签~ 期待工作一切顺利!* Did a bit of fortune-telling at one of the roadside stall nearby the temple... sounds kinda positive overall... hopefully my life will be. *The uncle said both mum and my lucky colour were pink/red... and that's why we clicked so well haha.*
Jess and I arrived kinda early at Ding Tai Fung at JEM... ard 6pm. Both of us sat down and talked for like 1.5hrs before YB and James came after their work. We were talking and laughing over work stuff most of the times, as YB was sharing how she interviewed some candidates for her company lol. Yes I reckon anyone shld have a certain degree of knowledge about the field they wanna work in, gd for making choices. In my case, as I know more ppl in the field I work in, I get more "insider news" when they share, and this somehow gives me help and more assurance when it comes to making a choice in my career direction.
And so, our belated presents for YB's 25th! It's a vintage accessories box I bought, and wrote my msg on it as well haha. The stars were folded by myself long ago haha~ 

*Daddy's right thigh hurt all day. Hope he would be fine after seeing doc tmr.*

Comments