十七岁的天空 + 听风者 + Sembawang Hills Estate interview + my b'day dinner @ Fish & Co. + Bro's fly-off to Rockhampton!

I remember watching this movie in poly, and re-watched it in HC314's sem on tues.
杨祐宁was the old-fashioned country bump, who travelled all the way to Taipei city to meet his "MSN friend". He stayed with金勤(omg this guy has rich expressions and is hilarious to watch!), who was a gay friend from high sch days. Oh well, 杨祐宁met Duncan in a gay pub, and it was kinda like love at first sight haha.

There was not one single female role in the show, so the film gave a "perfect-gay-paradise" (in disguise?) vibe. It wasn't "dirty" at all, this comedy was totally enjoyable! Not to mention that the 2 leads were good-looking, the other roles and whole plot were rather impressive. 
It's no wonder "十七岁的天空" turned out really good in sales figure back in 2004 when it screened in Taiwan. *A tad too bad SG banned it, cos the message was interpreted as encouraging gay relationships... patriarchy?* 
I reckon I can totally re-watch this time and again, in future haha.

Rating: 4/5

梁朝伟and周迅starred in“听风者”.
I almost thought I couldn't stand watching this movie but thumbs up to the two great actors I finished this! I mean the plot and everything were good too, just I'm not a big fan of "old shanghai times" kind of movie.
Captivating.

Rating: 3.5/5
Took me more than an hour to reach Sembawang Hills Food Centre on thurs, cos I had to take bus169 from AMK interchange. SM was already there waiting to meet me for lunch. I tried the popiah ($1.50) but it was a bit dry, although there was腊肠in it. Both of us headed to Oddyssey together, and chatted a while with Vic before Betty came. *Betty's a big fan of vintage furnitures haha~ I suppose I would be too in future!* I even bought an ethnic-design bag for 10bucks!
Then, Betty and I went to Springleaf Taiwanese Porridge and yup Mr Bobby Lim was already there. *So paiseh I have to be late every time cos the interview schedule's simply too packed!* 
真的挺有家常便饭的味道,I kinda liked this, especially the pork floss beancurd and fresh cockles! *Okie... all the small dishes were rather to my liking I admit hehe.* 
We went over to Shabupot next, and Josephine the lady boss and her mum came over to greet us. OMG I am astonished at the way they display their dishes... so pretty it makes people drool! *There was like vegetarian hotpot too... with all my favourite shrooms omg!* Big thanks to the bosses for their complimentary voucher too... I can go for 1-for-1 next time!
Western Bar's cream of mushroom soup was way delicious... cooked using 4 types of shrooms and truffle oil. I only had a bite of the lamb shank due to insufficient time but one could tell the meat was very soft. *Serene was so nice she wanted to drive us after we left, but we were only going to Yahava KoffeeWorks next to them lol.* 
Sin was a great barista and manager to speak to at Yahava. He let us tried like 6-7kinds of coffee, like monsooned malabar, Organic, long black decaffeinated and one with milk etc. *OMG I love the Ice Koffee and Masala Chai though they were sweet with full cream milk added hehe... should have bought them!* We even went into their storeroom to take a look at the coffee beans they store in sacks there... great experience cos I am the kind whom's interested in "what's in-there" haha. 
I'm not a coffee person as I told Sin, and he asked me what kind of a drink person I was? I said "tea" at first cos Chrysanthemum tea, ice lemon tea and green tea came to mind... yet when "Lipton Red tea" came to mind, I shook my head again cos it gives me headache most of the time when I drink it. And before I could even react, Sin joked "Bubbletea?" LOL. Anyway, the ambience there is definitely pleasurable for spending a whole lazy afternoon.
*Sure I would love to visit the place again though it's a bit inconvenient for people who stay in the West like me haha.*

Met Jess on friday afternoon for lunch at Lot 1 before we took the LRT to Palm's Garden condo for her manicure session. *1st time Jess taking LRT in her life haha!* I waited about 1+hr for her french nail to be done, and poor girl accidentally slit her "not-yet-dried-nail" against some leaf out there and it left some imperfections on them. *Though Jess thought the lady did slipslop work too.* We went to Haji Lane and I almost thought Jess was a little bit "mad" after having not shopped for too long? She saw these rings at $28 each in one shop and asked if I wanted to buy too so she could get it as my bday present. *So expensive for a ring that I think one can get for less than 10bucks somewhere esle lol.* We stepped into her favourite shop too and she immediately got her eyes on a pair of high heels ($48). We walked around and she got another pair of shades ($39)~ wow never knew she's that "good" at splurging haha. Oh and there she went telling me to buy whatever that she could get me as a present but I just couldn't set my mind on any one stuff that I think would be both practical and to my liking at that time haha. *Plus, those that I liked were really expensive there.* It was almost the first time I discouraged someone from buying things too lol. 
Then, we happily took a bus to Ann Siang Hill to find K Ki cake shop which Jess wanted to go to some time ago. We were kinda bad with maps, so it took us some time to find it. It's kinda disappointing and shocking to see that all the cakes (including Mont Blanc that Jess wanted) were sold out! The lady boss told us nicely to come the next day, and Jess was super tempted to lol. 
We ended up being late for our dinner meet-up with LL and KU. LL was aready there by the time two of us reached, and we decided to go Fish and Co. for dinner. 
The white cod fish with peri-peri sauce was yummy while hot! I was happily sharing my recent interview experiences with them so my fish meat got a bit cold after a while, and not as nice anymore. Oh well, I guessed it somehow that they have got something for me as birthday present... nice mango moose yeah!
It was for me, as they said but I'd forced each and everyone esle to take a bite too haha.
Miss LL admitted in the birthday card that she forgot to bring my present cos she was rushing out of house lol. *Well forgiven her since I could go her place to take some time later haha.* We went to NTUC to look for sushi but it was all sold out, and both LaoBan and 51 beancurd were already closed when it was nearing 10pm haiz... so I didn't get anything for bro in the end. 
Accompanied mum to Kwam Im Thong and I randomly snapped a shot above. It's the usual place she'd go to to buy food stuffs whenever we went there. *I've got so much things to learn in life oh no~*
Poor bro's laptop crashed after a short circuit at home on sat night, and he seemed nervous about the NS training trip to Australia, after hearing the complaints he'd told mum about. *I guess it's normal since it's his first time overseas after all.* The whole family went down to Changi airport and reached terminal 2 by 11+am. We had Burger King for brunch, and it's rare for my parents to eat fastfood, since it's unhealthy.
They were told to gather by 12noon, only to get their boarding passes aiyoh. We then walked around the place and took some photos using my camera. 
I realised bro has more varieties of smiles than I do lol. We sat down at a corner after a while.
We thought of accompanying him till the time for him to enter the departure gate since his friends were not there. After a while, one of his platoon mate came and mum decided we went home then. *Bro called mum, complaining and asking her why we'd leave so early when we were on the MRT lol. 真是长不大的孩子/弟弟啊!*
1.5mths of training in Australia... well almost what every NS boy has to go through. Hopefully things will go smooth for him there, and that he learns to take care of himself even more so when family's not there with him.
*还不到展翅高飞的时候,但总要有学飞的时候,这是人成长与学习过程的必须。*

Comments