Dad's Bday dinner + my bday dinner with WZ, Pat & QW @ Hansang Korean Family restaurant + Looper & bday dinner with PH @ Hungry Chimps!

Bro's flew over to Australia, so dad's birthday dinner this year was with mum and I. We'd have the assam curry fish head near my place as usual, cos it's like a favourite among the whole family haha. 
看着你们的白头发,真的很不得自己已经开始工作,也该回馈爸爸和妈妈。
无论如何,顺利完成FYP后,哪怕工作的日子会有多辛苦,总得开始的啊!Jiayou to myself lo!
Met up with WZ, Pat and QW at Hansang Korean Family restaurant at Square 2 for my 24th birthday dinner! All of us shared the dishes we ordered... the main dish with chicken meat and rice cake was delicious. The ban chan weren't impressive though.
$18 per pax so it's rather the restaurant price nowadays, but I just wasn't impressed with the food overall. Of course, the thing that mattered was the presents from the girls keke!
Yeah a lady's bag from Dip Drops that WZ and Pat got for me! Lucky I've got all kinds of outfits to pair this with so no worries hehe. 
QW bought me a camera stand, ring, necklace and this "mini 奶嘴" that I could fit my ring in rather perfectly haha. She got that from Singapore Mint Gallery o haha. 
We left to look for desserts, and in the end settled down at BurgerKing. And I think I'm seriously not someone细心lo... cos I didn't even realise Pat was carrying my birthday cake around with her in a plastic bag all the while! The choco cake was very nice, cos it wasn't too sweet nor bitter~
We were chatting about working life etc, mostly about WZ's dilemma haha. 
*Horse-riding lesson that QW suggested sounds very fun but $60 for 45mins is a bit too ex imo haha.*
WZ and I met up the next day again to continue our chats haha. As usual, we'd sit at J.Co and talked and laughed haha!

PH and I headed down to Kim Family's hawker korean food at Concorde hotel for lunch on sat. I bought 3 tank tops at Giordano cos the one luminous orange one PH was wearing looks good, and we caught "Looper" at PS!

The plot? 
I quoted the whole chunk below from Wikipedia: "In Looper, time travel is invented by the year 2074 and, though immediately outlawed, is used by criminal organizations to send those they want killed into the past where they are killed by "loopers", assassins paid with silver bars strapped to their targets. Joe, a looper, encounters himself when his older self is sent back in time to be killed."
The movie was a bit long at times, a bit dark at times, and even a bit slower paced at times, yet I still rather liked it. Science-fiction... exploring the impossible-as-of-now for audience... fancinating usually ain't it? Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Bruce Willis were both good in it.

Rating: 3.5/5

PH and I walked to Prinsep Place, and we got to Hungry Chimps for dinner! I recommended her Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime ($13), and in return she recommended Hoegaarden Wheat Beer... but omo I found it bitter lol. 
Nonetheless, we enjoyed our Monsieur Benedict a lot! The eggs and toasts were really well-done (with ham and cheese... hey I don't take these usually o!), and the tomatoes were fresh like last time hehe. The truffle fries were yummy for me, but PH found it too "garlic-ish" after some time. PH treated me to dinner this time round, as my birthday treat haha! We liked the tiramisu with rum and raisins ice-cream as well!
It has been fulfilling for my birthday so far, and I'm glad friends fork out time and money to celebrate for me. *大家的心意,我感激不尽!*
It's officially my 24th birthDAY today haha! Nope I don't think I'm getting old but hopefully wiser each year haha!
Resolution? It's already 2.30am now and my mind's too sleepy to think. Shall do one consolidated one after October ends maybe? Hehe.       

Comments