돌려차기 + Meetup with YB at Shabupot + “陈六使逝世40周年”讲座 + Kbox with SS, MT & XY + Squash technical test

Was reading reviews on "돌려차기" and decided to catch this movie starring Kim Dong Wan and Hyun Bin. Dong Wan's the main lead to be exact, and the storyline revolves round a group of young gangsters who joined Taekwando club at "ManSey High". Hyun Bin (the good leader in the club) disliked them at first, but slowly friendship and brotherhood forged between them.
Lol cos Hyun Bin's like almost a head taller than Dong Wan, but the latter won with his built figure of course keke. Some really cool Taekwando scenes there.

Rating: 3.75/5

Met with YB on thurs afternoon and we headed to Shabupot for lunch at Sembawang Hills Estate. The lady boss, Jo and her mum remembered me. They mentioned about how customers rang up to ask about their restaurant after the review came out... felt a lil' happy to hear about this. 
It's a one-for-one and YB treated me to lunch haha. We ordered the lunch sets (fish set for me and pork set for YB), with additional shrooms, plus the lady boss treated us to their signature fried dumplings~ yummy o! 
It was kinda embarrassing for me cos it's been ages since I last had steamboat I reckon, and I ordered元参须汤底which comes with a packet of药材. I was actually stupid enough to open it up and pour the herbs into the soup! LOL~ the lady boss was saying it's gonna be very bitter... regretting was already too late haha. Nonetheless, it was very fulfilling, and both of us couldn't finish all the food lor.
*rRandom tThought: I don't know how strong I could be if that happened to me. 做选择,有时候真的很为难。*

QW came over on fri, and she taught me how to make "laoban tao huay" haha, using some receipes she's seen online. It's a mixture of Unisoy and Polleney Soyabean powder, coffeemate, sugar, instant jelly powder and hot water. We only prepared enough for 2pax, and it's a "miracle" how I'm almost doing everything myself while she gave instructions keke. *Yes I know I'm rather a failure at cooking.*
I put too much water imo, so it was still rather watery after 3hrs, and so I left it in the fridge till midnight, and tasted it... OMG it tasted so close to laoban tao huay! Happy with it hehe.
Anyway, QW and I had dinner at Manna Story cos we were drooling while watching Korean variety shows in the afternoon lol.

The squid bibimbap never fails... delicious! The kimchi pancake we shared was both soft and crispy at the same time... yummy too! *Oh and I saw so many pretty stuffs at JCube omg!*

Met up with XY early in the morning on sunday and we took the school bus to SPH for“陈六使逝世40周年”talk. We were the few young ones amidst all these old people (mostly in their 50s and 60s), and XY and I were both guessing they could be graduates from Nanyang Uni (1956-1980) last time, if not they must be those who felt strongly for what happened back then. 
OMG can I say I really like Professor David (王德威) a lot! He has a soft-speaking voice (love his clear diction), and some sense of humour here and there while giving his public lecture. *Guys who speak well... it's a plus-point girls can almost die for lol.* Well, I enjoyed早报网主编周兆呈's delivery on Nanyang uni and it's relationship with the different governments (political parties) over the years. *王赓武教授也是富有智慧又可爱的伯伯哦!* Of course, the public were very enthusiastic during the Q and A sessions. Some of them raised up very sensitive questions like "Why was Mr Tan Lark Sye scraped of SG citizenship?" I learnt alot from listening to their queries too. Some of the old uncles who stood up really deserve applause imo, cos they were great examples to younger generations like me, remind me the golden rule of"活到老,学到老".
播放短片时,前面的一个老人哭泣了,泪不止。他想了什么吗?
我看了觉得辛酸,自己也忍不住热泪盈眶。*Plus the background music for the video也太有渲染力了啦!* 那也算是一个大时代吧?如果我深陷当时社会现实,我确定自己也会不服、也会感伤。真的,真的只能同意李元瑾教授的说法:南洋大学诞生在错误的年代。内部的纷争加上外部的压迫,让这所民办大学加速步入历史。些历届的南大“孤魂”每一次回头看,究竟内心涌上多少的失落……无法言喻。
赞同游俊豪老师的说法:“陈六使和林连玉是失败了,但恰恰因此他们成功了。” If they weren't there to push chinese education, I wonder who esle would? Or how much poorer our standard of mandarin would get? 
*rRandom tThought: I won't object to my children (in future) learning any other languages, but a relatively good standard of Chinese/mandarin is expected imo.*    
SS, MT, XY and I had a great kbox session right after our talk. 
Had squash technical test on monday afternoon! Was pretty nervous the day before and during practice. Ms Mah called in students by groups, according to the registered list. I was in the last group, with Siti, Jonathan, Vincent and ZX. I s/u-ed this module, so didn't really took it to heart (my score). I know that Ms Mah did "close one eye" on some shots by me lol, and ZX gave good services to everyone. I admit I'm one "gan-jeong spider" you see, so I sorta rushed into lots of things... and so I missed one shot for service~ could have gotten 10/10 haha! Dribbles, straight-hand drives, volleys, services, drop-shots and boasts... my backhand was rather terrible imo keke. *Funny how I finally scored one point for backhand boast in the end before whole class test came to an end, and everyone clapped lol.* 
Went to Yvonne's singing class this morning to support her for her singing test. Saw MC there, as well as MH! It's been so long since I saw MH lor, but he sounded nervous like before haha. MC improved a lot in singing imo. Yvonne's voice was great... beautiful, rounded and powerful voice. Oh and I was surprised to see Noel there too... and gosh I was stunned for a second when he called me cos I couldn't recall his name at that time... just knew he was in Thai class previously haha. It was more competitive in Yvonne's class cos most of them can sing well. *And we don't have to read out comments in class last time haha!*

Comments