Kim Dae Mun Korean Cuisine + 4-in-Love @ Fullhouse Cafe + The Dark Knight Rises + Gary Chaw Project Sensation 1 JAZZ private showcase @ Dragonfly!

Met up with Jess last sat after her work and we headed to Modparade cos I had to collect a dress I bought thr. *Fernnice's aunt rmbs me haha.* Then we went walking ard and Jess bought herself a yellow off-shoulder dress too... looks nice on her. Almost bought myself 2 pants for 100bucks but Jess tot they looked "too ah ma" so erm to be safe, I din buy haha. Then, we headed to Kim Dae Mun korean cuisine at the food court at Concorde Hotel for dinner as planned! My kimchi fried rice ($5) was yummy, but Jess tot her tofu veggie soup was a bit too sour haha. The korean pancake was nt bad, but the crust was a little bit too hard to be crispy imo.

Met Pat and WZ on sun for dinner and chill-out at Fullhouse Cafe since WZ wanted to go thr. True enough, she fell in love with the decor haha~
We were gg ard and taking pics while waiting for the food haha. My teriyaki burger was so-so... but then we all agreed for thr is ex haha. Anyway, ppl go for the ambience and decor ain't it? Lol.
Then, it's the start of another round of "cam-whore" session haha. This time round WZ brought us into another part of the cafe which I'd nv been into the last time I came.
Oh last but nt least, I din forget to tell them about the colourful vintage car!
Then, we went to PS for another round of dessert and chatting session. The mango ice-cream from Gelato ice-cream was really fruitish! One scoop for $4+ I think but it's quite a big scoop haha. And Alina appeared out from nowhr at PS too! She was shopping ard with Ayden haha... such a coincidence. 
*Glad for WZ! But aish I dun think I'm gonna use twitter nor instagram even if I were to sign up...*
Kinda a last min phone interview with林梅娇on mon for保健特辑tat I helped MH do instead. So yup I gt enough info, so dun hav to call周初明nw... hw I wish I can juz call and say "Hi!" haha~ my childhood idol leh! Met LL, KW and KU for dinner at JCube, and thks to LL for the metal coffee maker she'd bought us from Vietnam. *LL ah, take care of urself k! We'll drop by to visit u!*
Went to PY's place at noon on tues to interview him for his collection of dolls from "giap-giap machines" haha. Even JH was amazed by PY's huge collection, which took him 2hrs to摆好lol.
JH was nice enough to help PY use his cam and took a pic of us with his dolls! *Okie I was only in thr to pose... all dolls belong to PY's辛苦功劳ah~* After tat, PY treated me to lunch at a mall at Tampines which I forgt the name keke. 
JJ wanted me to help with Gary Cao's interview at 1st, but then she took back the assignment in the end since she din take leave. Received email from CQ asking if I wanted to watch "The Dark Knight Rises" with her on weds evening! It was so last min I almost jumped from my seat haha~ She was paiseh tat she din ask YS even once for a movie, but I told her "boldly": "I dun care,我订了这张票haha!" So yup, I went with CQ and MH to Lido Imax for the movie! *I think I noe why MH still look so young liao... cos young at heart lol.*
Though Tom Hardy as Bane couldn't win Heath Ledger as Joker, the appearance of Anne Hathaway as sexy Catwoman and Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the righteous John Blake were an addition of gd characters! Oh and thr's even a twist towards the end tat I din expect... nice! And Gary Oldman's really ur "chameleon actor"... I couldn't tell he's actualli Sirius Black in "Harry Potter"!
Anyway, I was thrilled by the action scenes~ fantastic baby haha! It's yup the retirement of Christian Bale as Batman, but rmb wat Batman says... "Anyone could be Batman, the man behind the mask." So, yeah I do agree with YY's review of Joseph Gordon-Levitt being the "nex Batman"... Robin haha! Robin might juz be the new focus of a possible sequel to this?
I am nt a huge fan of Batman, but I reckon this movie is even more action-packed, and has more meaning to it than "Amazing Spider-man". 
162mins... The Dark Knight made sure we were glued to our seats.

Rating: 4/5

I was contemplating whether or nt to ask JJ if she had tix to Gary Cao and his band, Sensation's private music showcase at Dragonfly. Until I met her in the washrm on thurs evening, well she gave me the PR's no. right away and told me to ask if they still had spare tix left. Lucky me~ SP sounded very nice and gave me a pair of media tix for the showcase at 10pm tat night! And phew, I'd found QW to go with me~
We were invited to go upstairs to whr the media ppl sits, and this is my 2nd time at Dragonfly, since a media con 5yrs ago haha. The choya with green tea is really nt my kind of drink, lucky QW was thr to help me, if nt I'd be drunk haha.
"Gary Chaw Project Sensation 1 JAZZ private showcase" begun at 10.30pm~ his bandmates from Argentina and Brazil were brilliant instrumentalists! Oh and Jazz is my fav genre of music too! Thus an enjoyment!
Can't believe Gary's a dad of 2 nw! I'd wanted to hear him live since some time ago, and my wish was granted tat night! He's cute, singing and drinking at the same time haha. His wide vocal range made it easy watever kind of songs he attempt, be it Jazz or songs tat need more "drama" in the voice. Oh I love it when he plays ard with the songs, and the remakes Sensation made were refreshing to the ears!
Hearing“背叛”and“世界唯一的你”were wonderful! Though the audiences' reaction were oni so-so, Sensation did their best I tot. Gary did "Someone Like You" and "Saving All My Love For You"~ oh he sounded ridiculously gd! It's cute tat they all "tear the songlist" in the middle, and wanna do impromptu haha! 
*Whoa I really think those with talent are charismatic!*
Short 1 hr, nt awesome, but pretty fresh performance, totally suited Sensation!

Rating: 3.5/5

It's fri nw, and Glenn passed YS and I 7 write-ups to do for the upcoming Health supplement in zaobao, right after I stepped into office. *OMG it's a lot, and the deadline is short!* He said hand in nex weds, but RZ was even scarier... she wanted us to hand in by nex mon!? It's really impossible on my part, prob. only林梅娇's article. 
YS and I intended to go to coffeeshop nearby to eat initially, yet suddenly, he wanted to go to blk93 for the famous五香~ aish念戏剧的人真是random... even more than me lol. 
Costed us $8 to share~ it was nt bad. But weird I dun feel tat well while on the way back to office. Juz as I was feeling rather uncomfortable, GL passed me sth from behind which kinda shocked me a lil'...
Nv tot I'd receive stuff from PRs anymore, since I'm only an intern. The new eyeliners from CLIO would only be out in market in Aug, so it's nice to get hold of it nw haha. Wat's funnier was hw they addressed me...
Senior Reporter!? Keke~ 高攀了. And with this joke, it reminded me of wat Dennis and HG said over lunch ysd, about hw I was "senior exec intern reporter", and YS the junior LOL!

Comments