K-sessions + Manna Story + NDP 2012 Rehearsal + 爱在那一天

It was hectic at work, right up till last thurs. I even had to transcribe, translate and write articles at hm since I took off on fri. *Haha procrastinating work till the very last min the past 2days, always enjoying during daytime!*
Met Ben and PG cos we'd wanted to sing at ksuites at Bugis+! Thr's an offer of 10bucks nett for students... 3hrs package with 1 free drink.
There's wireless mics omg! I liked the sound system too... a nice singing place. Then, Ben and I headed to JCube, and we had dinner at Manna Story, cos he was telling me all about Korean food he'd tried here and thr... made me hav a craving for it lol.
The 12 side dishes were nice! I loved almost all of it haha... best thing was tat it's refillable o! Ben had the chicken ra-myeon while I ate the bibim bap... wanted rice cos I was too hungry. Both of us shared dok pokki somemore... definitely fulfilling dinner. 20bucks each and I reckon it's rather worth it... my bibim bap was nt bad, and the dok pokki was so soft, and the sauce was sweet and hot at the same time. 
TJ reminded me tat Sina.com took my article regarding施南生's news... wow din expect this haha.
http://ent.sina.com.cn/s/h/2012-07-08/04463679232.shtml

Went singing again on sat with Jess and Ben at Marina Square's Kbox. Omg my voice went hoarse after 2+hrs lol... and thr's this "Ben buttock incident" and it affected my whole mood while singing Adele's "Set Fire to the Rain"... couldn't concentrate but kept laughing lol. 
3 of us headed to Floating Platform in the evening for the NDP rehearsal... gt tix from bro.
It was about 5-10mins after we stepped in and it began to pour~ poor us all stuck in the rain. No matter hw hard the emcees (Sharon Au, Joakim Gomez, Jean Danker...) were in trying to bring up the atmosphere, I tot most thr were somewat dampened by the rain... we were so lazy to get up from our seats even for "Kallang Wave" lol.


It's kinda funny to see items being "simulated" since this was nt the actual event... still kudos to the organiser for being serious in their rehearsals. Sadly we din get to see the parachute performance cos it rained.
Poor Jess almost everytime misses the fireworks! She'd capture the smokes etc but nt the actuual sparks haha... ok la there are a few among all the pics haha. And as for bro, I dun even know which item he was in, until I sms-ed and asked b4 I knew he was one of the "butterflies" lol... who came out from the backstage faraway from the audience sitting. 
"Love at First Light" was nt bad for a theme song, but I think I feel deeper when I hear the older SG songs medley. It's hard to perform up to standard every yr, and I can be pretty honest I was oni looking forward to the goodie bag, fireworks, parachute jumps and fighter plane performances. Still, I guess being a Singaporean (and rather patriotic one), I feel proud listening to the national anthem and pledge... brings goosebump every single time I hear a whole crowd singing it. 
After tat, we spent some time walking out from the venue, and wanted to head to "dong dae mun" near PS for dinner. Turned out they were closing by the time we reach at 9+pm! So, we went to Sarang at Orchard Central instead.
Jess was so happy when she saw the cheek "shuai-ge" waiter... he jokingly pretended to want to take a photo with us both lol. Anyway, the pt shld be on korean food tat 3 of us were craving for~
3 of us shared the Chewy Surprise Tteokboki (omg 2 days in a row for me~)... Ok maybe I'm nt tat full while having this meal, so this seem to taste better, and a lil' cheaper than the one at Manna Story. Ben's Sun and Moon Kimchi bokeum bap was gd but portion kinda small neh... omg reminds me of the ones I had in China~~~ super cheap and delicious at the same time! Jess and I shared a bowl of rice and the Beany Dwaenjang jjigae~ seafood and beancurd soup! Kinda salty but开胃lol! Costed us $13+ each, hmm~ maybe worth gg back once in a while cos I reckon thr's too few choices on the menu. 
*rRandom tThought: I want to watch movies, go Harry Potter exhibition, do contact lenses and a new pair of spec, teeth filling , watch all the korean dramas and variety shows, start brainstorming for thesis pape etc... omg so much to do!* 

Had tuition with Samantha, and trimmed my eyebrows on sun. Finally finished one of the AVA Food Safety Excellence article, and so it's time for a movie~ to relax!

"爱在那一天" is the 1st Chinese movie Mario Maurer's in.His mandarin's nt bad, but u can definitely hear the thai accent thr. The female lead and him looks compatible together. A纯爱story bet. 2 young ppl~ nt much of Maurer's fighting scenes in the movie but aiyah that's nt the main pt anyway haha.
但我有个疑问:哪份爱情/哪个他,才真值得你花费青春去等呢?


Rating: 3.5/5

Comments