《那些年,我们一起追的女孩》分享会 + 逆战 + shopping & The Hunger Games with YB!

*rRandom rRant nay phasaa5 thay: dichan2 tham ngan baan3 may3 mii weelaa kha3!*
Nope the hectic wk for me ain't over yet... still in the midst of doing report and revising for thai oral exam scheduled on the weds after nex! Felt tat it's rather crazy and I haven't even started writing notes for exams yet... omg. 
Work aside for a moment... would like to share vids of a few songs I'd been into recently... "셜록 (Clue + Note)" from SHINee! I liked hw catchy the chorus is, and their explosive live performances were wat made me listened to this song more, nt juz the MV alone.
Then, it's C.N. Blue's "Hey You" MV! I couldn't take my attention off JongHyun all the while hehe~ Still, it's nt my fav song from the band though.

This live performance of"아직 사랑한다" below made me fall in love with the song! YongHwa sang really gd, and JongHyun looked really impressive on the guitar! *And his hair shld really stay this way!*

Ok! Some updates on sch stuff this wk... SS and I attended Chin course's "那些年,我们一起追的女孩"分享会with KD on thurs night. B4 the seminar started, I met up with JM at HSS audi to practise a lil' while for DG9005's ppt2. *Seriously, I'd been singing over and over again back at hm to familiarise myself with "Summertime"'s music.* 2 of us "whacked" the sound system thr and soon it was ready to be used haha. Honstly, the sound system's nt bad o.
I sang to "Summertime" a few times, and I reckon I've more or less figured out the suitable timing to sing for every line. JM was singing "You Raise Me Up" and man tat song's nt easy! The key simply goes higher and higher lol. SS came in to listened too, and we tot she shld go with Lena Park's version for ppt though.
3 of us grabbed some food from Mr Bean and headed to LT25 for the movie screening of "那些年,我们一起追的女孩". *The committee was nice enough to prepare for each and everyone a packet drink and tidbits~ I chose caramel popcorn... sweet to the max!*
JM left halfway to meet Chloe at ADM to continue with her singing practice. SS and I stayed thru, cos it's been a sem since we last heard KD talking on HC360 lol. I was curious to know hw he'd analyse this movie, and though apparently his review of the movie doesn't seem to be gd, he gave some further insights and saw ways to interpret some scenes, which we hadn't tot of earlier. He chose to break down the title into 4 parts:那些年、我们一起、追、女孩. "那些年" was the time frame, and in which many other movies hav to... 怀旧主题. "我们一起" was wat mattered the most I reckon... wat WE all do together...集体的回忆, and KD mentioned sth along the line of男性结盟, and the triggering factor in movies were usually a gal. Still, it's interesting hw he always manages to link details in movies to阳具的再现... like沈佳宜's ponytail lol. *It's no wonder why I think this way after taking all of KD's mod in NTU lol.*
*Oh and if u guys rmb ur parents telling u nt to sit immediately after someone gets up in MRT/bus so as to prevent长痔疮? Tat's a MYTH man! We were all surprised when KD told us it's to prevent sexual arousal in children... omg doubt our parents know themselves haha.*
Anyway, it's a pleasant sharing session. Lucky SS even won the lucky draw... a novel of this movie!
*rRandom tThought: 夜晚的NTU还蛮漂亮的,SS said we shld go up to top of ADM building to picnic some night... and I agree too!* 
And on fri morning when DG9005's ppt2 was supposed to take place, JM, KW and I were still practising outside ADM building b4 lec. I was a lil' worried initially cos I realised I couldn't keep up to the pace of the music in the beginning, even after a few practice, which I tot was weird. Till lec began, Leona did some simple vocal exercises with us as usual, and we gave each other massages to relax ourselves too hehe! Accelerando sung 1st, and I tot Pamela's gt a nice jazzy voice too, but she was nervous while singing "The Prayer" though. WL and Chloe did best out of the 3 grps tat sung "The Prayer" but I tot kudos to Chloe, who helped him as a partner.
And after JH and her bf's rendition of "For Good", it was my turn. I requested ZS to help dimmed the lights a lil' cos I reckon it would lessen my nervous-ness haha. *Poor him running ard to find the switch when it's oni juz beside the com lol.* In any way, "Summertime" was oni about 2 and a half mins long, and it was over b4 I knew it! Seriously, I tried to recall about my performance onstage once I gt down, and even after, or nw while I am blogging, but I cannot recall a single thing about hw I fared! I can't rmb if I was on beat with the tempo, or if I sang any lyrics wrongly etc. Maybe wat calmed me a lil' was seeing Leona moved to my singing near the end of my performance haha... tot she seemed to be enjoying lol. We all gt to vote for one student as the "DG9005 superstar" at the end of our ppts, and Leona announced tat the one with most votes could get a term of free singing lessons from her~ wow tat sounds really gd but I reckon either Chloe or WL's gonna get it. *Thks to JH for voting for me though~* We were discussing on our grp ppt when I saw many ppl gg up to Leona to ask hw they fared, and whr they stand, so they could decide if they wanna S/U this mod. After hearing her words and seeing her comments, I think ace-ing this mod shldn't be a prob lol! *Leona tot I shld hav sung such songs at HSS Idol cos it brings out my voice haha.* Comments from other students were rather encouraging too~

Caught "逆战" ysn.
Almost literally 2hrs of non-stop action scenes. Maybe nt tat much of the storyline, but I was indeed impressed by some fight scenes put up by Nicholas and Jay.

Rating: 3.5/5

*The bad thing about wearing a jumpsuit is the hassle it brings when u visit the washrm.*
After tuition with SJ today, I met up with YB at Bugis. She'd wanted to look at some clothes from KissJane... gt herself a maroon playsuit thr. *YB's very into long skirts nwadays.* She was complaining she overspent this mth, but hehe still couldn't ctrl herself... bought eyeliner at Watsons and loose powder at Sephora too. *Using credit card for all her payments... wow 4, 5 times in a day!*
In the end, she wasn't too hungry during dinner so oni had yam cream. I had笨珍's wanton mee though... nt bad.
*感情这块东西有得选择吗?应该继续“顺其自然”吗?*
We headed for "The Hunger Games"!
Jennifer Lawrence did her role justice, and I din took notice of Josh Hutcherson till YB exclaimed tat he kinda looked like Tom Felton from some angles lol.
Shan't comment much about the plot, cos it's clear it's a game of survival in the nation of Panem, whr the wealthy Capitol takes 24 tributes from 12 other poorer surrounding districts into a hunting game of life and death (Hunger Game) created by them, as punishment for their past rebellion. 
Wat caught me was the concept of the Hunger Game... game of survival. It's like a缩影of this world, juz more cruel physically. I watched the 22 tributes died one after another, either by killing each other or by natural causes. It's fearful juz to think hw I would fare if I were one of them.
This is a game, whrby literally makes one crave for power/desire to live, and could make one realise if to stand by each other in times of danger. The leads were lucky to hav each other, cos I reckon it'd real terrible as a lone ranger out thr. It will leave u with no choice but to fend for and trust oni urself, which is a horrible feeling imo. And the selfish game "players" outside the arena... simply disgusting fellows who were thr to "witness the mere death of their chess in this game".
弱肉强食的社会和暗藏着的可怕的人性……尽管Hunger Games很直接地表达了这点,但依然有震撼性。

Rating: 3.75/5
*Last but nt least... the crab meat mum cooked and which I had for supper at about 11+pm... and couldn't finish it all even by 12.30am. Gave up haha.*

Comments