Meetup with PH@吃在台北 + DG9005 ppt3 + 沙城 + James's belated 24th bday celebration!

It was the last wk of lecs and tuts for yr3 sem2 last wk! Took some photos during HC302 and HC460. Currently doing revision for the upcoming exams... let's hope I can keep to my schedule as planned haha.
Mum gt a new haircut too... which made her look younger haha~ I mean would u believe she's 50+ nw!? Lol.
Thai oral with Esther last weds turned out rather alright I reckon. Both Esther and I S/U-ed LT9001 so I guess we din really practised hard on our sentence structures, and anyway it did turned out a little funny towards the end, even ?aacaan couldn't help laughing at Esther's qn to me... "how's the taste of naam plaaw?" haha. I dunno but I felt extremely relieved and happy when the oral was over, and looking back, I tot learning thai lvl 1 was actualli filled with much fun.
Met up with PH since the last steamboat at SY's place a few mths ago. She cut her hair short too! We queued for a while at吃在台北at JCube. 
The pearl milk tea was nt bad cos it ain't tat sweet. I liked my蚵仔面线too, and no though it looks糊in the pic, the dish isn't so in fact. PH's担仔面was a bit too bland for my taste though, but she liked it haha. The润饼we shared was very nice... oh well I'm biased about anything "popiah-alike" lol. Guess we missed out on updates the past few mths, so I tot I had a lot to share with PH lol... well it was a nice catch-up definitely. We walked ard JCube and I took notice of this shoes shop called "I Love Harajuku" and though the shoes thr are a lil' more pricey, I tot thr were many varieties and they caught my eyes seriously haha! 
The last ppt and lec of the sem ends with DG9005 on fri morning. *Oh the cupcake Leon made for us was awfully yummy!* Leon and I did some filming the day b4, and everything seemed about in place on fri. Accelerando had a very lively re-enact of wat happens at the front and backstage of a TV station. Bel Canto's ppt on "Performance Psychology" was also gd too imo! I mean though I din really sing well as a "confident performer", but my members all did gd eh! Could see tat JJ was very ease during ppt, and KW's "Mr. Homo" role was hilarious... the min he said "if u were a guy, I'd marry u!" had me laughing out loud while onstage cos I din expect him to say tat LOL! 
Oh and after the end of the 4grps' ppt, Leona announced tat we would all reveal ourselves to our "mortals"! And OMG thr's no conspiracy but Masrurah and I were angels and mortals for each other!
Bel-Cantorians' took grp photos, and with Leona as well! 
We all gt to hear Leona and Chloe duet "O Sole Mio" too~ wow 2 great singers together hehe. Can't rmb who asked Leona about having lunch with us, and after she agreed, JJ, MH, JM and I hoped onto her car and we went for lunch at JP! Leon and KW took the bus instead haha cos Leona's“小黄”couldn't take tat many passengers.We had lunch at Thai Express and oh my "khaaw thalee thay" was hot! JJ and MH were thr滔滔不绝-ing on whr to eat gd food... omg they noe a lot neh haha... our "food expert"! *We shld all go on a food trip together!*
Leona then treated us to desserts at记得吃~ Leon, JM and I shared the sesame沙冰but honestly I dun like the taste of iced sesame haha.We chatted on sch stuffs, whr we stay and our backgrds etc haha.
*OMG all those talks about gg overseas~ I wanna travel out of SG!* 
Watched“沙城”though I couldn't make it for the seminar talk at NTU. 
Yes it's a movie about re-discovering history, and I guess as an audience we could choose to see“政治历史”from another pt of view. It's a story about a boy, prior to gg into NS, happens to dig into the history of SG in the 50s... tat his parents were on of those who participated in华校生的示威运动.
Gt to know a lil' on the history of chi schs b4 one understands this movie I reckon. Yeah I rmb studying HC260 and looking at infos on education in SEA, esp SG and Msia.
*Oh and the director巫俊峰果真是年轻帅气啊!Haha.*
Many of华校生s stood by their burning passion tat the purpose of chi education was for文化传承, yet it seemed inevitable tat in SG's circumstances tat沙文主义killed hope, and it doesn't helped further tat Eng was the话语霸权here, and eslewhr in the world. Oh and of cos with China's封闭政策till b4 it opened up it's market to the world in the late 70s, this made the whole situation worse. 
几乎无依无靠的华校孩子们,在大环境的不利与权力的压制下,终究还是要低头。
如今“华语”再一次的“抬头”,但那热情却再也不同了。
我们应该认识的不仅是商机,而是这个族群和他的文化。

Rating: 4/5

*rRandom tThought: shld stop my itchy finger from hitting on "add item to cart"!* 

Met up with James, YB and Jess for James's belated 24th bday celebration ysd! *Aiyoh those 2 gals dress so pretty nv tell me b4hand lol~ they wore make-ups but I din lol...* The cafe we intended to go at first is closed on mondays, so James chose to go Dempsey Hill instead. We took bus105 from Commonwealth, and reached this ulu place... my 2nd time popping by! I brought them to Barracks' Cafe cos I rmb-ed I liked the ambience of this place a lot when Regina brought me thr last time.
I clean forgot tat the food portion was tat huge lol... so 4 of us ordered and shared 1 skinny pizza (with egg and ham and shroom), 1 shroom risotto and fish and chips with truffle fries! Oh and we tried their tau sar bao too! *Lol-ed at James and my reaction haha~*
After the main dishes, we were wondering whr to head to in the late afternoon, so while dilly-dallying, we had another slice of carrot cake and strawberry shortcake!
Oh and James received his bday present from ZARA... 2 slim fit tees, in forest green and grey! YB "warned" him to wear the nex time he goes out with us hehe. 
Anyway, we decided on "The Plain" cafe at Tanjong pagar for our afternoon tea. Jess and I took our sweet time to look at the menu, and after seeing so many "chim chim names" and nt knowing wat they were (plus we were lazy to enquire), we settled on hot and iced choco LOL. We were finally having a great chat thr, when I touched on the topic of housing, decor and stuff, so we talked about James's and Sophie's ballot for HDB, then YB shared about her sis's and her bro-in-law too. Oh and Jess chipped in about relatives and friends, tat were related to this topic too. *James and I readily agreed tat marriage is definitely about 2 families, nt juz 2 ppl.* 
We left the place near 7pm, and walked to Chinatown Complex cos I recalled about the yummy claypot rice Pat, WZ and I had thr sometime ago. Thr was long queue as usual, and we waited 25mins for our $15滑鸡沙煲饭! Weird I tot the chicken meat was a lil' salty this time round, but the rice was still fragrant haha. Oh and this definitely dun go well with sugarcane drink btw!
That's about all the update for nw, and I gt to go on with writing notes for HC261 nw! Dun think I would be updating during exams' period... so gd luck to myself, b4 gg into internship, yr 4 and FYP!

Comments