This Means War + Titanic Exhibition + Blind Dating

*rRandom rRant: nt much time to revise for Thai listening and writing test on weds... oh no.*

Went for HSS Idol rehearsal at HSS audi on weds. It was oni a quick run-thru to allow us contestants to get use to the system imo. I rmb WZ "frowning" while we sang cos she couldn't hear her own voice, as well as mine, and this makes it diff for her to harmonise. We did reflected to Jemimah hoping to get a "feedback speakers"(?) for us contestants on the day itself so we could hear ourselves more clearly. Well,I know we ain't professional singers so no ear mics and stuff, but hopefully at least they could improve the feedback sound. As for me, I wish I could stay calm enough and be on beat with the backgrd music, cos it's getting pretty nerve-wrecking for me since I found out tat Leona's one of the judges!
WZ and I left for lunch at Delifrance at JP. *I loved the decor of the interior!* The tuna potato was so-so, and we sat till evening b4 we decided on catching a movie. *It's then tat I realised GV cinema at JP's closed for renovation!* 
Caught "This Means War" at The Cathay!
It's been a while since I caught such a hilarious movie! Doesn't matter if this wasn't really focused on a spy's story, but battle of love bet. 2 spies haha. FDR (Chris Pine) and Tuck (Tom Hardy) were best spy partners, until they almost fell out over Lauren (Reese Witherspoon). 
Nvm the老掉牙story plot, cos the 2 gorgeous hunks made up for watever flaws in the movie hehe. Both FDR and Tuck had their own charms, but well WZ did analysed correctly why Lauren chose FDR over Tuck in the end. 
Reese Witherspoon reminds me of Carrie Underwood somehw. Chris Pine has beautiful blue eyes, and he could capture my attention even when he's simply clad in tee and jeans! Tom Hardy has such a irresistible Brit accent omg~ he's more of a型男imo.
Well, go get a laugh if u're too tired-out recently... will perk u up!

Rating: 4/5

There was a make-up lec for DG9005 on fri. Leon, JM, KW, JH, Chloe, MH and I headed out for a lunch gathering at JP's Javanese cuisine after lesson. The mee goreng I had was a bit too oily, nt really to my liking. Leon gt to leave early so we din go for k-session, but chose to stop at记得吃for dessert! JH, JM and I shared the strawberry shabet ice dessert... 雪花冰又软又chewy neh! MH and Leon left thereafter, while the rest of us took bus back to ADM to do a "random-practice-cum-mini-k" session!
KW was practising for his "Nella Fantasia", and Chloe was helping him. She was in a choir previously, and omg she could do harmony so easily! JM and I had her helped us when we sang "I dreamed A Dream". JM intro me to this song, but a Glee's version. I wasn't very familiar with the whole melody but I tot we did harmonised well at some parts haha. Then again, we haven't finalised on this song for ppt2 cos we need to see hw our nex practice session goes. *JM and Chloe tot I shld try "Summertime" even though I am considering "Fly Me To The Moon"... I shall see if I can find one version with the right key haha.* 

Met up with LL, Jesslyn and KU ysd for lunch at包今天. LL was joking she could cook the "maggie mee" for me nex time lol! KU's becoming more health-concious nwadays cos his roomie's influencing him lots... doing exercise at night at云南园haha. We were on the topic of thai massage while on our way to ArtSci Museum... LL and KU had super painful experiences sia haha!
Quite a no. of visitors on a sat o... costed each of us 20bucks each for the entrance fees.
The passenger ticket I gt belonged to 3rd class passenger, Mrs. William Coutts (Winnie Trainer), and she had her 2 sons, William and Neville with her as they were on their way to New York to find her husband. The exhibition was a brief one, but I tot it already provided us with some insights into Titanic, tat'd been sunk below the sea for 70+ yrs, until it's discovery in 1985. Kinda shocked at the ticket pricing for 1st-class passenger... $100+K for 1 pax!? 3rd-class was oni $900 per pax la.... such big diff. Well, the decor, food and all were really lavished! Guess all 4 of us enjoyed walking at the deck... cos the "stars" looked real haha... as if we were really enjoying the  sea breeze. Oh and at the display about the sinking of Titanic, thr's this huge wall of ice for visitors to "exp" the freezing temp those 2,228 Titanic on-board passengers experienced in 1912. Well of cos this display was much less than wat they suffered from, and seriously juz 10secs of my palm on the wall and I felt my palm being pricked somehw.
At the last stop b4 we left the exhibition, we could check our boarding passes  against a list of passengers who were either saved or lost. I found Mrs William Coutts's name on the "saved list" in no time, and her 2 sons as well! Jess's one survived too, except for the father. Both LL and KU's passenger were lost though. *Like sis, like bro... hor? Lol.*

We decided to cab down to 51 Old Airport rd for dinner. Poor LL lost her cardholder (together with her I/C, student pass, credit cards etc) and she left it on the cab! We called back to ask but the taxi driver said he didn't find anything on his car haiz. Still, we proceeded with dinner... darn packed and we finally managed to find a seat outside after like 10mins.
My fav would be the beancurd ($1.50) haha... finally trying it after hearing Mich mention about it. It's well, sweet but really soft! As for the others, I dunno if the food thr was over-rated or wat, cos I haven taken much liking for the others... juz tot they were average. Costed us about 9bucks each for this meal... gd one! Oh and I juz found out tat Jess and KU doesn't take贝壳类的食物, and it's funny to hear tat LL "gets drunk" if she eats黄豆lol.
*关心……是要自己show的才有诚意o~* 
Wanted to go over to Yew Tee pt to chit-chat for a while, but realised it was already 10.30pm by the time the MRT reached Buona Vista, so we散场from thr haha. LL gt the shocked look on her face when she touched my palm lol... she said it was softer than her baby nephew's palm LOL! 夸张了啦~
*如果我的手掌感觉像豆花,那Alina的手掌何止像棉花糖!?*

Was pia-ing thru HC261's ppt these few days, and I think it has always been my prob trying to浓缩info... nt tat gd at summarising for ppt I reckon haha. Still left with conclusion part to discuss on weds... can't wait to get this over and done with! Gonna be super busy with sch stuff the nex few days.
Shall conclude my recess break with "Blind Dating", starring Chris Pine.
The title is taken literally... blind man dating an Indian gal. 
This most prob. was a low budget-film judging from the speedy storyline but hey, it's still kinda moving. 
喜欢上一个人,真的不是眼睛看到的,是心。

Rating: 3.25/5

Comments