I Don't Know How She Does It + URECA at NTU Open House + Mum's belated bday dinner!

Sarah Jessica Parker as a superwoman~ kudos to her!

Rating: 3.25/5

SS and I helped out at the URECA event on sat during NTU's open house. The pay was gd, and we worked 11hrs straight~ SS and I were stationed at the Crimson rm from 9am till 3pm, basically "watching" the judges eat breakfast and lunch lol. *Prof Ke and Prof Hao were thr!* 
The buffet was nice o.... loved the点心and curry... oh plus the sushi!
Clement and SL were thr as URECA participants, for the poster design competition. We chatted a bit, and Clement decided to stay cos we told him thr would be wireless mouse if they stayed till the end of the event haha. Coincidentally, I tot I saw a guy who looks really familiar to someone from HuaYi sec, and when SS and I passed by his poster, I顺便asked... and he's Joseph! *Ok honestly I dunno him back in sec sch, juz knew tat I saw the face b4.* LOL~ he was like saying "Yeah... 88-er right? 4-1 right?" MH is taking soccer mod together with him too o~ to my surprise honestly hehe. 
*rRandom tThought: I need to be more "life-smart" seriously. Oh, and nv to judge and think tat everyone's truly friendly, as they seem to be.* 

Terrible sore throat after a whole day in Nanyang Audi... think the air-con was too cold for me and SS. It became worse on sun, and so I went thru sun... 昏昏沉沉地... waking up to revise for HC302's mid-term test, and falling aslp, and waking up, and then falling aslp again. 
The 15% mid-term test today was honestly nt diff, but u had to link the concepts to the texts mentioned. My thoughts were a lil' jumbled up, thus missed out some impt concepts I reckon. Anyway, hope it turns out gd. Went hm after HC302's lec ended, so I skipped the tut and Thai lesson. *I S/U-ed Thai cos I reckon it wont' help my results even if I score a "B+", and I think getting an "A" is diff considering the fact tat I dun wanna spend much effort on it. I am basically satisfied with an "S" lol.* 
After a nap in the afternoon, my family and grandma went out for mum's belated bday dinner at Blk526. Mum saw a TV variety show tat recommends the Zhi Char thr, so we tot we shld giv it a try...
The姜葱田鸡's sauce tasted flattering at 1st, but then mum said the meat wasn't“内脆外嫩” which she tot shld be so. I liked the鱼头炉cos the soup had milk in it. The rest of the dishes were salt-ish... honestly too much. And after the meal, we waited for like half an hr juz to pay the bills neh! $67 was an average price, but the food wasnt' worth afterall. *Poor mum had diarrhoea the min she reached hm!* Wat pissed me off a lil' was the attitude of this drinks' lady... the whole family din want to order any drink since we already finished our food, but grandma wants a glass of plain water. She came over, and we ordered juz tat one glass, and she gav the kind of "HUH!? 好意思only order plain water?" face... u call tat "service"? 一杯白开水30cents不是钱吗?不是做生意吗?要不是老人家要喝,你以为我们稀罕点水吗? I was totally irked by tat! Don't be in the service line if u can't serve well! *Fine I think I shld simmer since this is oni a coffee shop... can't compare to those restaurants mah hor.* I respect ppl in the service line cos I think sometimes it takes a lot of humbleness to serve, but if one decides to work in a service line, then make sure it's of sincerity and quality.

Comments