M Butterfly + 龙门飞甲

*rRandom tThought: feasting on chicken wing and slurping down maggie mee in wee hrs of the night... nt healthy hor? Shugs I can't help it.*

Caught "M Butterfly" after researching for movies for HC460's ppt, and KD did mentioned in HC360's lec last time too.
I clean forgt about reading up the sypnosis b4 watching, and I was as shallow as can be, to think this was a movie purely about a westerner (René Gallimard) falling in love with an eastern woman (Song Liling). I wasn't to blame for totally... I mean who told John Lone to look tat womanly!? LOL. *I looked at some pics of John Lone's... omg he's gd-looking both as a guy and woman!*
Anyway, this really is a must-watch. The ending was dynamic...我被震撼了. I almost immediately went to look up for the true story right after finishing it. 
Madame? Mister? Mixed?
Can't help but to reveal: the love bet. a young French diplomat (Bernard Boursicot) and a China opera singer (时佩璞), and to think the truth oni came to light after 20yrs into their relationship. 梁祝的故事是bait; 佩璞might hav deceived Bernard, but thr ain't no denial of佩璞's love for Bernard. I read tat Bernard still din forgive佩璞even when the latter died in 2009. Dunno why but it's painful to see it all ending this way.
I'm being random but consider wat I tot below:
What's love, when it all ends bad? It's history.
No, it's not about love even if it turns out fine. It could have been a struggle to keep things going on.
We know it's true love, if it doesn't end. (I'm nt saying the 2 haven't loved each other truly b4. They muz hav did. I'm juz saddened by their story.)

Rating: 4/5

*Procrastinating sch work in progress...*

I guess I'm a lil' stressed up recently over loads of ppts and written assignments these few wks. *"Symptoms" tat proves: increased frequency of supper and frowning in front of com, more hair fall and new pimples~ o this is bad.* HC261's ppt turned out "gd" according to prof Yow's comment, so nw we're left with the 5K words report. Still gt to churn out HC460's ppt for nex tues, and HC302's final report due on 2nd Apr. And meanwhile, even preparing for DG9005's 2nd singing ppt is worrisome nw cos it seemed I can't sing well following "Summertime"'s instrumental. *Shld hav chosen to sing song-of-own-choice earlier!* The instrumental gives me lotsa freedom in singing but I'm juz nt confident with all my notes and tempo yet. I hope I dun sound "disconnected" with the music during the ppt itself cos Chloe tot it was so during my rehearsal with Maria and her last weds. *It feels gd when someone appreciates ur singing.* Oh according to the 2 pianists, I am singing E-major, as opposed to Leona Lewis's G-major. *And can u imagine her version was already 5keys down from original musical version!? And tat means I'm like 1 whole octave down!* Hw I wished I learnt a musical instrument since young, cos it definitely aids since I love music so much. Chloe and Maria were saying hw we could tell one's an alto/soprano by listening to their talking voice... and Chloe said I'm a soprano, if I developed my voice further. Well, I did explain to her hw I began singing more mezzo/alto after I listened to a massive amt of Jazz songs, but I do agree tat yeah my voice is more of mezzo-sporano/soprano range generally cos I'd sound different if I did a diff genre. *I agree with Leona tat we all hav many different types of voice.* Shall squeeze out time to practise at hm b4 ppt nex fri... even if it's oni a 2mins song, I hope to present it as a relaxed and enjoyable one to the class.
*rRandom tThought: 人不是每个都“不可貌相”的。“相由心生”这句话有时也挺准的。It's alright if u dun appreciate somebody's help, but it's nt nice to criticise behind him/her. Such ppl... E.I.Y.R.*

“龙门飞甲”我来也~
Jet Li's like the Superstar here, but I tot陈坤's dual role and fine acting skills totally caught my eyes! He is strangely gd-looking imo haha. 周迅was nt bad either.

Rating: 3.75/5

*rRandom tThought: "Fantastic Baby" is the current drug for my ears! And Daesung's nw on par with TOP's place in my heart lol~*

Comments